watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WILL YOU STAY.....

Started by Steven Ageroad, May 07, 2014, 02:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Ageroad

on Sunday afternoon after the game to applaud the team on their "Lap of Honour" or leave at the end of the game in silent protest at the "Dross" that we have been served up this season?

westcliff white

I cant make this weekend but my father has my season ticket and is taking my son. But if I were there I would stay and applaud, they are my team and through think and fine or feast and famine i would support them.
Every day is a Fulham day

K33NY

I will be standing there until the Stadium is allmost empty I believe, never been there before so I want to experience and cherish Craven Cottage for as long as possible! :) god I cant wait for Sunday to come!!

Tonywa

Wouldn't dream of staying behind and cheering a team which has been so dire all season.  I support Fulham Football Club and it happens that the shower representing them this season have, by and large, been a disgrace.  Nothing whatsoever to congratulate them on. Reminds me of the season before we finally went down to the bottom division.  The players had taken Fulham to what was then the lowest League finish in the club's history and a load of bozos stayed behind after the last game to congratulate them on this momentous achievement.  Ridiculous.  The club and the loyal supporters are what really counts.  The players (well the vast majority of them) are mercenaries and are merely passing through.

Tonywa

Quote from: K33NY on May 07, 2014, 02:33:21 PM
I will be standing there until the Stadium is allmost empty I believe, never been there before so I want to experience and cherish Craven Cottage for as long as possible! :) god I cant wait for Sunday to come!!

That's great.  Hope you enjoy it and it proves to be the first of many, many visits to our lovely ground.

JBH

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on May 07, 2014, 02:15:06 PM
on Sunday afternoon after the game to applaud the team on their "Lap of Honour" or leave at the end of the game in silent protest at the "Dross" that we have been served up this season?

Simple answer is no as they don't deserve any applause

Rudolph

I shall be in the pub when their third goal goes in. 

Burt

Tricky one, isn't it?

Support for the club v. "appreciation" for the team that has led us out of the premier league after 13 years.

Going to watch the game is my support for the club. Choosing not to applause the team if they actually do go ahead with a "lap of honour" would be my reflection of the disappointment I feel at being relegated.

Still, if we give Palace a good go, or if Felix rings in the changes and plays most of the youth then I may have a different view at the end.

Bill2

Already said I will be going straight after final whistle, how can I applaud Mitrog I haven't seen him play yet. If we win by more than 5 goals I might do but highly unlikely.

mikeyffc28

How about a compromise, applause accompanied by a chorus of "we love you Fulham, we do" to show that the applause is aimed at the club, not the players.

bill taylors apprentice

No.
In fact if the team selected is anything like recent ones and the performance is like last Saturdays I may change my mind and stay.
And take the opportunity to tell one or two what a bunch of tossers they are.
Sad I know, but what the hell.

shnlwswlkr

I think we'll see a lot of the youngsters in the team on Sunday, they deserve an applause.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

SimpleTactics

Only a few deserve some credit. Stockdale, Sidwell, Dejagah, Kieran and Holtby. The rest can do one.

leonffc

It depends on the performance on the day. I'm not planning to but......
Also, as shnlwswlkr (can't you have a normal name to spell?) says, I think we'll see some of the kids out on Sat.

The club might even plan to wheel the whole U18 team afterwards along with the first team to prevent any booing

Berserker

I'm going to. I'm over us getting relegated now and am looking to the future
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Classic94

Each to their own but I don't plan on hanging around. Barring two or three players, they don't deserve our appreciation.

Chesh

I think the club should do the decent thing, and not have a players' lap of honour this season.

Let's be honest - they'll be dead embarrassed, and seriously, is there anyone that wants to applaud them round the pitch.

Nope, I'll be watching the game, and applaud at the end if they've played well, but after that will make a swift exit to have no part in a 'lap of honour'.  096.gig

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Finnegans Wake

Same as Chesh. Il be shouting, clapping, singing and supporting all the way through the match but Il be off as soon as that final whistle goes.

sumofallparts

I think any first team player who can do a lap of "honour" after this season (bar a select few), has more neck than a herd of turkeys!
Surely the embarrassment and fear of a less than enthusiastic response should ensure it won't happen. But, I'm usually wrong.

alfie

Well i will stay if not applauding our performances, i am sure there are a few players that wont be around next year, and even in a bad season i would still like to say goodbye, things and gone against us this season not just one thing there are a lot of factors that have contributed to where we are now, and i never ever believe that a player does not try his best on the day, ok so some of them are now past it and it shows, but none of them wanted to be in this position it is not good for their pride or for anyone that is looking to move on, so yes i will remain at the end.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't