watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Storm troopers at the Cottage

Started by SP, May 11, 2014, 07:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

I didn't realise the visit of Palace would require dozens of snarling riot police.  

Goodness knows what they'll arrange for the visit of Millwall next season?

Berserker

Well when I was waiting before the match  opposite the putney turnstyles, the stewards were saying to each other they didn't think there was going to be any trouble, they thought each set of fans where fine.
Mind you I was annoyed that all the stewards were watching P3 sections onwards where the Palace fans were allowed to stand , that they never noticed the guy a couple of rows front of smoking and carrying on, he was like a chimney alot of the match, plus a Fulham fan.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Sgt Fulham

What happened to that pitch invasion they were singing about? Haha

Fernhurst

Just back and knackered

They did sing throughout and it appeared the neutral section (?) was over populated.
My old lug ole's couldn't quite pick up the words of all their chants, maybe someone could assist
4-1 and you what it up???
We're taking the what?
We're taking the

What ever happened to Play up Palace?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

The Enclosurite

What a load of rubbish that the club were spouting about no neutral end and anyone in away colours would be refused entry.  They seemed to have a whole block of what had been designated a home section.
¡COYW!

SP

I think Palace's one season in the top flight has gone to their heads.  My Palace mate tells me they were fighting each other in the pub before the game & at halftime & causing problems in Putney.  Shame, we've always got on well enough with them.

win-dup

Quote from: SP on May 11, 2014, 07:43:27 PM
I didn't realise the visit of Palace would require dozens of snarling riot police. 

snarling riot police? All I saw were a lot of slightly bored looking perfectly amicable coppers. Perhaps you were at a different match?

epsomraver

Quote from: SP on May 11, 2014, 08:34:23 PM
I think Palace's one season in the top flight has gone to their heads.  My Palace mate tells me they were fighting each other in the pub before the game & at halftime & causing problems in Putney.  Shame, we've always got on well enough with them.

You might, most haven't, why do you think the police were out in force, because of Palace fans being nice and well behaved ?

terryr

I couldn't really make out their songs.....
They were in good voice however.
Anyone care to relate their chants?

The Enclosurite

They sung that silly non-league league song a few times and something about a goal machine - I could be wrong but I think it might have been about Darren Bent.
¡COYW!

Bedford White

We're feeling so smug, we're feeling so smug, we lasted a season we're feeling so smug!

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: win-dup on May 11, 2014, 08:37:21 PM

snarling riot police? All I saw were a lot of slightly bored looking perfectly amicable coppers. Perhaps you were at a different match?

There were about 8 riot police , crash helmets, black uniforms, big sticks, outside the pub opposite the old Fulham shop in Fulham Palace Road (?) after the match.

There wasn't a wiff of trouble when I passed by, not even someone threatening to drop litter, making the riot police look well out of place.

Martinsback

Yes it was definitely a "false flag" operation with the illuminati behind it. I suspect that the snarling police were actually not cops at all but special forces trained to hate from a young age. I wouldn't be surprised if 100s of bodies ended up floating down the Thames and that many of them were planted in Fulham colours...you couldn't make it up.

Ps What did they "snarl" at you?

terryr

I got a nice souvenir pic when one of the storm troopers let a 7 year old wear his helmet for a picture. That was right after the child fed his fearsome war horse a carrot.
The police state has arrived

Burt

Most of the coppers I saw had baseball caps, not riot stuff...

General

There were some special police too, which I found odd - the one's in the light blue and light blue baseball caps. They're the type you see patrolling the houses of parliament... they were nowhere to be seen after the game though.

I wonder why?

I know that on the QPR board they were talking or suggesting they'd come over after our game to antagonise our supporters but I thought it was more of a chumped up kid thinking he was cool than something people were actually going to do.

General

These types but without the heavy guns... http://www.theepochtimes.com/news_images/highres/2007-7-3-london.jpg - That said, I didn't look for the guns.. assumed they had side arms as a minimum though.

Scrumpy

It does seem that Palace have gained a recent reputation for trouble. They always caused a bit 'back in the day' but I had assumed that it had disappeared, like it has at most Clubs.

There was quite a serious fight outside Putney station at around 1pm, when a load of Palace seemed to kick off against just 1 bloke. The Police were very quick on the scene. The Railway pub was rammed with Palace and I overheard one of them say that half the pub was banned from football, so the Police would be spending the afternoon just following them around Putney pubs!

I can only assume that this was a designated trip for some of their worst element, and the Police had inside info.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Logicalman

Snarling? Was it effective? Did they bear their teeth? Any growling or the odd bark? I must have missed that course on how to snarl effectively, pity, I think I could have been good at that as well.

Is this racism?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

leonffc

Quote from: Burt on May 12, 2014, 11:48:03 AM
Most of the coppers I saw had baseball caps, not riot stuff...

They had caps on but helmets clipped to their belts before the game. Afterwards they were kitted out in riot gear. There was certainly a huge police presence.
We went up to the Fox & Hounds later in the evening and the police had that and the Wetherspoons surrounded, with Palace locked in the Wetherspoons. The F&H managers said they were closing soon at police request as they wanted to shut the Wetherspoons but the fans will just come stright over the road.

I thought their fans were good yesterday. Loud!! And a good laugh afterwards