watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Bizarre to me but Stockdale is in Brighton according to rumour.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 28, 2014, 01:25:29 PM

Call me silly if you like, but he's the one I'm most disappointed at losing.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Admin

Hardly Bizarre as he will be sold.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Admin on July 28, 2014, 02:22:03 PM

You not what I mean. I know you are not a fan, but to me it is bizarre to sell our two keepers.

Admin

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 28, 2014, 02:24:43 PM

You not what I mean. I know you are not a fan, but to me it is bizarre to sell our two keepers.

He'll only be sold if we've got an adequate, or better replacement coming in. One of either Joronen or Bettinelli will then take a place on the bench. 

Brede Butter Pudding

Definitely is bizarre - first choice keeper for much of second half of last season, and one of the only players in our squad to have played in the Championship previously and therefore has invaluable experience that the rest of the squad could feed off. Couple that with the fact he loves the club and has constantly shown passion and fight while in a white shirt, this transfer really disappoints me. Can't see us getting any more than £1 million for him either, and it will be near impossible to find an equal or better replacement for the same money, in my opinion.

Admin

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on July 28, 2014, 02:31:40 PM

Definitely is bizarre - first choice keeper for much of second half of last season, and one of the only players in our squad to have played in the Championship previously and therefore has invaluable experience that the rest of the squad could feed off. Couple that with the fact he loves the club and has constantly shown passion and fight while in a white shirt, this transfer really disappoints me. Can't see us getting any more than £1 million for him either, and it will be near impossible to find an equal or better replacement for the same money, in my opinion.

You say that, but if a good replacement did come in, and it was an upgrade on Stockdale, you'd be signing about it from the rooftops. Bottom line is, Stockdale isn't anything special, this is the 3rd manager now that doesn't fancy him, and was only used by Magath because we didn't have any other options. As before, if we can afford to upgrade in this position then we should.

fulhamben

Quote from: Admin on July 28, 2014, 02:30:05 PM

He'll only be sold if we've got an adequate, or better replacement coming in. One of either Joronen or Bettinelli will then take a place on the bench. 
lol, who are we going to get thats better? how many keepers out there already have good prem experience and a championship promotion under their belts?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Admin on July 28, 2014, 02:38:05 PM

You say that, but if a good replacement did come in, and it was an upgrade on Stockdale, you'd be signing about it from the rooftops. Bottom line is, Stockdale isn't anything special, this is the 3rd manager now that doesn't fancy him, and was only used by Magath because we didn't have any other options. As before, if we can afford to upgrade in this position then we should.

Let's be honest, we all thought Steklenburg was going to be a significant step up from Stockdale but look how that one turned out. Stockdale might not be world class but he's certainly good enough for the Championship, not to mention the fact he loves the club and wants to play for us. There are other positions that need more urgent attention than our goalkeeper. If we had started the season with Stockdale in goal there wouldn't be many people too upset by it. Now it leaves another vacant position with no guarantee any possible replacement will perform any better than Stockdale has done. To me his departure seems unnecessary and bizarre.

Admin

Quote from: fulhamben on July 28, 2014, 02:48:14 PM

lol, who are we going to get thats better? how many keepers out there already have good prem experience and a championship promotion under their belts?

You speak of Stockdale as if he's the best best option the club has, so that's what really deserves a lol. like I said, this is the 3rd manager in a row that hasn't fancied Stockdale, so go figure.

fulhamben

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on July 28, 2014, 02:49:48 PM
Quote from: Admin on July 28, 2014, 02:38:05 PM

Let's be honest, we all thought Steklenburg was going to be a significant step up from Stockdale but look how that one turned out. Stockdale might not be world class but he's certainly good enough for the Championship, not to mention the fact he loves the club and wants to play for us. There are other positions that need more urgent attention than our goalkeeper. If we had started the season with Stockdale in goal there wouldn't be many people too upset by it. Now it leaves another vacant position with no guarantee any possible replacement will perform any better than Stockdale has done. To me his departure seems unnecessary and bizarre.
totally agree. especially when our midfield is still thin with the chance that ruiz andvashkan will leave. plus we may wtill lose hugo and mitro.

fulhamben

Quote from: Admin on July 28, 2014, 02:51:31 PM

You speak of Stockdale as if he's the best best option the club has, so that's what really deserves a lol. like I said, this is the 3rd manager in a row that hasn't fancied Stockdale, so go figure.
so who is going to drop down from a top league to join us then? a reserve keeper at best. which means he hasnt played hardly any football.

EJL

beijing ben

Quote from: fulhamben on July 28, 2014, 02:57:48 PM

so who is going to drop down from a top league to join us then? a reserve keeper at best. which means he hasnt played hardly any football.

I'd be happy with Shay Given. Wouldn't be surprised if Magath looked abroad though..

Admin

Quote from: fulhamben on July 28, 2014, 02:57:48 PM

What are you talking about? Hoogland, Voser, Stafylidis all have CL football under their belts, so in a real world, Fulham is a step down. There is no reason why we can't go and get a tried and tested keeper from abroad, someone who is after regular football.  

Admin

Quote from: EJL on July 28, 2014, 03:07:55 PM
Idiotic decision if Stockdale is sold.

Come on EJL, we had all this with Maik Taylor, and the love-fest still continues with David Stockdale. We ended up signing Van Der Sar, the love-fest stopped, we all moved on... We will do it once again so I hardly find it 'idiotic' 

Lighthouse

God The Mechanic

If we do what we did with Baird with Stockdale then it's stupid, but both ARE or WERE replaceable.  We just need to make sure we actually upgrade this time.

cmg

Quote from: Admin on July 28, 2014, 03:13:07 PM

Come on EJL, we had all this with Maik Taylor, and the love-fest still continues with David Stockdale. We ended up signing Van Der Sar, the love-fest stopped, we all moved on... We will do it once again so I hardly find it 'idiotic' 

So, who is the VDS equivalent this time around? Both Casillas and Cech seem to be at a loose end....

fulhamben

Quote from: cmg on July 28, 2014, 03:30:20 PM
Quote from: Admin on July 28, 2014, 03:13:07 PM

So, who is the VDS equivalent this time around? Both Casillas and Cech seem to be at a loose end....
chec is a bottle job since his injury