The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Quote from: TWFL on June 01, 2014, 05:23:00 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on June 01, 2014, 05:17:58 PM
Quote from: jj____ on June 01, 2014, 01:49:38 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on June 01, 2014, 01:12:04 PM
Lampard to play in the States next season.

Off to the other scum in the blue shirts.  F**k em

Help a poor, dumb colonists out. Who might the "other scum in blue shirts" be?

New York FC is the team I've seen him linked with. Not quite sure why they're "scum in blue shirts" though..?

How can a team that hasn't played a match already be scum? Granted, its from NYC & little good has ever come out of that burg (says the LA boy), but let them make a bad tackle before they get a label. Must be someone else.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Admin

Quote from: @jolslover on June 01, 2014, 04:51:59 PM
According to SSN this morning Fulham are preparing a bid for Osasuna midfielder Raoul Loe

If that's the case then, we won't be offering Sidwell a new contract, he's a younger version of him, with a bit more skill.

@jolslover

Quote from: maoconnor on June 01, 2014, 05:08:46 PM
According to SSN this morning Fulham are preparing a bid for Osasuna midfielder Raoul Loe

I have no clue who this guy is, but honestly I am just glad to see some movement by FFC.

haha, agree
STH H3

Admin

Quote from: @jolslover on June 01, 2014, 06:20:58 PM

I have no clue who this guy is, but honestly I am just glad to see some movement by FFC.

haha, agree
[/quot

Gol de Loe (1-1) en el Barcelona - Osasuna - HD

cmg

Off to the other scum in the blue shirts.  F**k em

New York FC is the team I've seen him linked with. Not quite sure why they're "scum in blue shirts" though..?

Our somewhat intemperate friend may not be far from the mark.

It seems that the New York City FC may be clad in some combination of light blue, dark blue and orange.
More alarmingly they seem to be owned jointly by Manchester City and the New York Yankees. I suppose it would be possible to imagine a more ungodly partnership but I don't think the Taliban is interested in football and the Gestapo is, hopefully, defunct.

valdeingruo

Right? In regards to NYCFC, a bit ridiculous dont you think, atleast in the MLS set up, we could have the Red Bulls, Cosmos and NYCFC all plying their trade within miles of each other. Also heard they are planning on making David Villa a signing. Yay for throwing absurds amounts of money around.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

DutchCottager

According to the media, Heitinga is probably heading off to Hertha BSC sadly.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: andersons11 on June 01, 2014, 10:43:33 PM
Right? In regards to NYCFC, a bit ridiculous dont you think, atleast in the MLS set up, we could have the Red Bulls, Cosmos and NYCFC all plying their trade within miles of each other. Also heard they are planning on making David Villa a signing. Yay for throwing absurds amounts of money around.

How many teams does London have?  Or Madrid?  Any big city is likely to have more than one team based there.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 02, 2014, 09:52:11 AM
Quote from: andersons11 on June 01, 2014, 10:43:33 PM

How many teams does London have?  Or Madrid?  Any big city is likely to have more than one team based there.

Well, in The U.S., it's a bit more of a novelty to have three recognizable football/soccer teams in the same city.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Admin

Guy's, any chance we can keep this thread on topic please and post only about transfer speculations? If you want to chat about the MLS, or even Frank Lampard, please start a separate thread. 

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Admin on June 01, 2014, 06:40:16 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on June 01, 2014, 06:20:58 PM

haha, agree
[/quot

Gol de Loe (1-1) en el Barcelona - Osasuna - HD

Thank you, Admin! Cheers.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

ToodlesMcToot

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

jmh

From Loe's stats on whoscored.com, he looks to be a defense-first player more so than a box-to-box Sidwell type.  He's one of the alternates to Cameroon's World Cup squad.

jj____

Off to the other scum in the blue shirts.  F**k em

I'm an NY Metro season ticket holder

YankeeJim

Quote from: jj____ on June 02, 2014, 09:02:23 PM

You need to contact the head office and cancel your season ticket since they though it right to transfer in fat frank. 
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

@jolslover

More Fulham stuff
Firstly SSN just said
"According to reports in Greece, Fulham midfielder Pajtim Kasami has arrived for transfer discussions with Olympiakos. It is suggested that he will undergo a medical on Tuesday before signing a three-year contract."

Also on another note Free Agent recently released by Brighton Andrea Orlandi has told SSN he has received offers from English clubs and is open to staying in England, could one of those clubs be us? Would you take him at Fulham?
STH H3

Admin

Quote from: @jolslover on June 02, 2014, 10:02:53 PM
More Fulham stuff
Firstly SSN just said
"According to reports in Greece, Fulham midfielder Pajtim Kasami has arrived for transfer discussions with Olympiakos. It is suggested that he will undergo a medical on Tuesday before signing a three-year contract."

Also on another note Free Agent recently released by Brighton Andrea Orlandi has told SSN he has received offers from English clubs and is open to staying in England, could one of those clubs be us? Would you take him at Fulham?

Also on another note Free Agent recently released by Brighton Andrea Orlandi has told SSN he has received several offers from top champ clubs, could one of those clubs be us? Would you take him at Fulham?

30 in August, just what the doctor ordered.

jj____

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 02, 2014, 09:27:37 PM
Quote from: jj____ on June 02, 2014, 09:02:23 PM

You need to contact the head office and cancel your season ticket since they though it right to transfer in fat frank.  
Nah, I'm with the other club.

Any idea who the other "15 clubs" interested are supposed to be?

@jolslover

Quote from: Admin on June 02, 2014, 10:08:16 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on June 02, 2014, 10:02:53 PM
More Fulham stuff
Firstly SSN just said

Also on another note Free Agent recently released by Brighton Andrea Orlandi has told SSN he has received several offers from top champ clubs, could one of those clubs be us? Would you take him at Fulham?

30 in August, just what the doctor ordered.

Fair enough but I would say we still need some experience to bolster the squad, cant all be under 23s
STH H3

PokerMatt

I quite like Orlandi having watched him at Brighton. Good set pieces and would add creativity, but I'm not sure he's the level we need to come straight back up. Nor the age. Would be a reluctant no from me, he's essentially a less good Ruiz, but does play well at this level. I think we need players who will be able to step up to the PL as well.
Follow me: @mattdjourno