more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the nutflush

Quote from: VamosFFC on June 18, 2014, 11:22:50 AM
Just read on twitter that Fulham are in talks with Newcastle Jets forward Adam Taggart. He's only 21 and has 21 goals in 44 apps with the jets. Not sure if there is any truth in the rumor or not.

Was going to suggest this but thought maybe I would be showing a little too much patriotism.  Was the A Leagues top scorer last season.  Has progressed remarkably and would be a cheapish signing....unless he comes off the bench tonight to score a brace vs Netherlands.....yeah I can dream.

the nutflush

Quote from: Admin on June 18, 2014, 12:01:24 PM
Quote from: VamosFFC on June 18, 2014, 11:22:50 AM
Just read on twitter that Fulham are in talks with Newcastle Jets forward Adam Taggart. He's only 21 and has 21 goals in 44 apps with the jets. Not sure if there is any truth in the rumor or not.

Little different scoring goals at that level than in the Championship. Can't see it being true if we've got the likes of Woodrow and Dembele' waiting to step up.

Its not that much different at all really.  The league is rapidly improving. 

VamosFFC

Now I'm reading that we're in advanced talks with Taggart.

bulgariawhite

Fulham goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg has been offered to Sevilla for next season, according to reports in the Spanish press. The Dutchman could be available on a free transfer following Fulham's relegation from the Premier League and Sevilla are known to be keen on signing a new keeper

South Aussie

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/world-cup/socceroos-striker-adam-taggart-is-in-talks-with-english-club-fulham-to-join-them-from-newcastle-jets/story-fn9iws45-1226958564345

Fox sports don't usually make up rumours, they called the Villa and Duff signings before they happened. This would be a good signing, he's a selfish striker who can finish. He's the next best striker Australia has at the moment behind Tim Cahill. Hard to say how he will go in Europe as its a big step from A league. However the advantage of the A League is its very physical as most aussie sports are, so hopefully he would suit the championship.    

cmg

Quote from: bulgariawhite on June 18, 2014, 01:34:28 PM
Fulham goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg has been offered to Sevilla for next season, according to reports in the Spanish press. The Dutchman could be available on a free transfer following Fulham's relegation from the Premier League and Sevilla are known to be keen on signing a new keeper

Free transfer? We'd have to be really desperate to get shot of him and/or his wage packet to be touting around as a freebie. He's got three years left on his contract. I know he hardly covered himself in glory last season. But he was first choice for Holland not long ago and must be worth some of the £5m odd we paid for him.

westcliff white

offering on a free if we have is a joke, as is looking at unproven strikers from leagues that are just not comparable.
Every day is a Fulham day

spikey norman

Sky Sports saying that we are interested in Man Utd goalkeeper Sam Johnstone

Northern Cottager

Quote from: spikey norman on June 18, 2014, 10:28:59 PM

Who?!

Pluto

Wouldn't mind Taggart but not as an alternative to McCormack. Hope this doesn't mean we've given up on him as that transfer really excited me.

Admin

Quote from: Pluto on June 18, 2014, 11:26:40 PM
Wouldn't mind Taggart but not as an alternative to McCormack. Hope this doesn't mean we've given up on him as that transfer really excited me.

There is no way Taggart will be an alternative to McCormack, even if we have given up on him.

Pluto

Also don't know if there's already a thread on this but Josh Pritchard has left to join Gillingham on a 2 year deal. Wish him all the best and I think league 1 is around his level.

Admin

I can see what the club are trying to do, they are trying to build a base of players around the 21/25 year old bracket, players that will naturally hang around the first team, and hopefully break through, if not, they are then sold. This is something we've failed to do for a while, more so over the last 3-4 years, and that gap from players like Demebele' and Woodrow, up to say the likes of Hangerland was really noticeable. I wouldn't worry about these type of players replacing the likes of say the MacCormaks, these type of players will still naturally be brought in, but it's important for us to build a balanced 'squad'.

Lighthouse

Taggart deal is said to be close. Medical already done out in Brazil. The deal is worth less than a couple of hundred thousand so I think we can see that this is no replacement for a striker we will have to bring in who will be a definite starter.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

spikey norman

Admin

Quote from: spikey norman on June 19, 2014, 09:25:37 AM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on June 18, 2014, 11:15:27 PM

Who?!

Exactly my thoughts

Another 21 year old, experience playing for Doncaster, Etheridge had been released, so a fringe player that won't cost the world.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Admin on June 19, 2014, 09:44:58 AM
Quote from: spikey norman on June 19, 2014, 09:25:37 AM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on June 18, 2014, 11:15:27 PM

Who?!

Exactly my thoughts

Another 21 year old, experience playing for Doncaster, Etheridge had been released, so a fringe player that won't cost the world.

He's supposed to be coming on Loan though so why would he want to be on loan as a number 2?

Craven Mad

Wouldn't Bettinelli be a good enough backup? He was Accrington's young player of the season while on loan last year.

Admin

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 19, 2014, 10:26:06 AM
Wouldn't Bettinelli be a good enough backup? He was Accrington's young player of the season while on loan last year.

You need 3 at the club, so I'm assuming Stekelenburg is on his way. Stockdale No.1 Bettinelli and this other guy fighting it out for no.2

Craven Mad

Quote from: Admin on June 19, 2014, 10:32:36 AM
Quote from: Craven Mad on June 19, 2014, 10:26:06 AM

You need 3 at the club, so I'm assuming Stekelenburg is on his way. Stockdale No.1 Bettinelli and this other guy fighting it out for no.2

Fair enough. I'd rather Joronen or an experienced oldie (like Zuberbhuler a few years back) competing for the no2 slot. But if the scouts know more than me about this young lad (which is likely, as I know zilch!) then he could be a good pickup.