watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humbled

Gomis in talks with Swansea regarding a free transfer.
That could be very good business. I have always liked his work rate.

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on June 23, 2014, 01:05:18 PM
i am normally very optimistic about signings, and I know generally the club keep things quiet, but this year is very quiet.

Without being pessimistic being linked with a young Australian (who to be honest barring one burst of speed against Chile (i think it was) hasn't impressed me that much at all) and another Aussie who seems to move clubs as often as I change my socks inst inspiring me at all. Admittedly barring the WC i have not seen much of these guys but surely we need to be getting some solid players in with Championship experience or if we a lucky some prem experience who doesn't mind a season (I can hope) in the championship.
to be honest, I much prefer silence to being linked with good players that never sign
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

FB i generally agree with you but even then we have one or two believable rumours, this year not a thing. Maybe it is because it is a world cup year
Every day is a Fulham day

VamosFFC

Read on twitter that both Taggart and Davidson will be announced after Australia return home from the World Cup.

MJG

i am normally very optimistic about signings, and I know generally the club keep things quiet, but this year is very quiet.

Without being pessimistic being linked with a young Australian (who to be honest barring one burst of speed against Chile (i think it was) hasn't impressed me that much at all) and another Aussie who seems to move clubs as often as I change my socks inst inspiring me at all. Admittedly barring the WC i have not seen much of these guys but surely we need to be getting some solid players in with Championship experience or if we a lucky some prem experience who doesn't mind a season (I can hope) in the championship.
Been told the club are very busy ('lots happening' was the actual quote)with trying to tie up the deals.
They will not respond to any speculation and will only announce when something has been agreed.
I can only hope that's true, because at the moment, even with no one else leaving, we are 4/5 players short.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: MJG on June 23, 2014, 09:33:56 PM

Been told the club are very busy ('lots happening' was the actual quote)with trying to tie up the deals.
They will not respond to any speculation and will only announce when something has been agreed.
I can only hope that's true, because at the moment, even with no one else leaving, we are 4/5 players short.

Seems we're being linked with if and maybe kinds of players who aren't necessarily guaranteed of being a success. I know all players aren't but I don't think now is the time for low investment risks.

MJG

Quote from: Northern Cottager on June 23, 2014, 09:48:18 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 23, 2014, 09:33:56 PM

Seems we're being linked with if and maybe kinds of players who aren't necessarily guaranteed of being a success. I know all players aren't but I don't think now is the time for low investment risks.
I wonder if the plan is partly get a handful of senior established players to go straight into team.
And then sign a good few cheap ones and hope one or two turn out good. The old throw a load of mud at the wall and hope some of it sticks plan.

rusty shackleford

Northern Cottager

Quote from: rusty shackleford on June 24, 2014, 10:21:07 AM
Rio Ferdinand off to QPR

What a LOL fest that hole is.

We won't make the same mistakes again...first signing, over paid, over the hill CB. hahahaha

rusty shackleford

Think i read somewhere yesterday Amorebieta is being linked with Stoke and Newcastle

grandad

Are we embroiled in the greatest post relegation clearout in Premiership history? I have lost count of the players who have left for one reason or another. There look to be loads more leaving. All we seem to be left with are Stockdale & Parker from our established squad.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Craven Mad

Quote from: grandad on June 24, 2014, 12:13:54 PM
Are we embroiled in the greatest post relegation clearout in Premiership history? I have lost count of the players who have left for one reason or another. There look to be loads more leaving. All we seem to be left with are Stockdale & Parker from our established squad.

Out: Etheridge, Heitinga, Hangeland, Riise, Briggs, Kvist, Boateng, Diarra, Karagounis, Sidwell, Duff, Holtby (12 Players)

Rumoured Out: Stekelenburg, Amorebieta, Richardson, Parker, Dejagah, Kasami, Mitroglou, Ruiz, Trotta, Rodallega (10 Players)

In: Hutchinson, Taggart

Yep, pretty epic clear out going on!

St Eve

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 24, 2014, 12:25:33 PM

Out: Etheridge, Heitinga, Hangeland, Riise, Briggs, Kvist, Boateng, Diarra, Karagounis, Sidwell, Duff, Holtby (12 Players)

Rumoured Out: Stekelenburg, Amorebieta, Richardson, Parker, Dejagah, Kasami, Mitroglou, Ruiz, Trotta, Rodallega (10 Players)

And Bent

Craven Mad

Quote from: St Eve on June 24, 2014, 12:35:30 PM

And Bent

God, yeah, forgot that one. Clearly made a big impression whilst here!

grandad

And Bent

Khan & Mackintosh have some serious work to do before the 9th August. Perhaps we will have to get the first few games postponed as we may not have 11 players able to start the games.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FPT

We're not going to replace every player that's gone out though... We had way too big a squad last year, and need that opportunity for a young player to step in for a couple of games if someone is injured/suspended.

It's quite difficult to sum up (barring the obvious lack at left back and central midfield) what we "need" to do. Shahid Khan said "It's trying to fix a place whilst it's still flying" and that's how it must feel.

However, so far, I'm impressed. We've brought in two young players in Taggart and Hutchinson to make up some squad numbers; in Hutchinson's case, more likely to start, very experienced at such a young age. As well as that, we've pretty heavily targeted a proven goalscorer at Championship level, whilst also not bowing down and kissing the bottom of a certain Italian chairman.

dannyboi-ffc

And Bent

riether too, not sure what list he should be on but he's still here
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

twang

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 24, 2014, 01:19:26 PM

And Bent

He's signing for Frieburg apparently. A shame, I'd have liked to see him stay on.

http://sport.msn.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/606823/artikel_fuer-riether-schliesst-sich-der-kreis.html

Northern Cottager

Quote from: twang on June 24, 2014, 02:07:56 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 24, 2014, 01:19:26 PM

And Bent

He's signing for Frieburg apparently. A shame, I'd have liked to see him stay on.

http://sport.msn.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/606823/artikel_fuer-riether-schliesst-sich-der-kreis.html

Lol, more a case of we could do with him to stay to make up the numbers.

Frightening how many players we are losing considering how pants they all were.