watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

so if we do get rid of Reither can we get Voltz back get a bit of experience at the back

FPT

Meh, not that fussed by Sascha Riether, very good first season; but absolutely awful second season. Could get a couple of million quid for him. It'll be interesting to see who we replace him with.

ToodlesMcToot

This is going to be one exciting offseason for Fulham. Probably the closest any manager will ever get to a blank slate. This will truly be Magath's team.

I'm truly sad though that I won't be able to watch them play.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Northern Cottager

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 24, 2014, 02:35:56 PM
This is going to be one exciting offseason for Fulham. Probably the closest any manager will ever get to a blank slate. This will truly be Magath's team.

See if you're still saying that when we're a few games in...

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Northern Cottager on June 24, 2014, 02:36:48 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 24, 2014, 02:35:56 PM

See if you're still saying that when we're a few games in...

Win or lose, I'm always sad to miss a game. That said, I'd trade seeing many on T.V if I could afford to visit The Cottage to see a couple in person. One day.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Nero on June 24, 2014, 02:20:50 PM
so if we do get rid of Reither can we get Voltz back get a bit of experience at the back

I tell you what thats not the worst idea i've heard lately. I went to the allstars charity match and volzy looked in great shape and still looked decent. I know it was a charity game and most of them could just about walk let.alone.run but he still looked good enough. Only 31 too. I thought this at the time but thought people would just laugh.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Lighthouse

Another one goes  - Reither has gone to Freiberg ( spelling)? So the latest rumour has it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jmh

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 24, 2014, 02:48:13 PM
Quote from: Nero on June 24, 2014, 02:20:50 PM

I tell you what thats not the worst idea i've heard lately. I went to the allstars charity match and volzy looked in great shape and still looked decent. I know it was a charity game and most of them could just about walk let.alone.run but he still looked good enough. Only 31 too. I thought this at the time but thought people would just laugh.
Volz is all of two months older than Riether.  On the other hand, he's spent the last three years playing sparingly in the 2.Bundesliga.

Burt

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 24, 2014, 03:58:58 PM
Another one goes  - Reither has gone to Freiberg ( spelling)? So the latest rumour has it.

Interesting... That's where he started out.

MJG

http://www.croatiantimes.com/news/Sports/2014-06-24/35820/Fulham_eyes_Andrej_Kramaric

Fulham eyes Andrej Kramaric

Croatian Times

English Premiership side Fulham is set to sign Croatian striker Andrej Kramaric, daily newspaper Novi List reports.

The club from London is allegedly ready to pay 7 million Euro for the player at Rijeka FC.

Andrej Kramaric arrived last year at Rijeka from Dinamo Zagreb.

jmh

Quote from: MJG on June 24, 2014, 04:45:51 PM
http://www.croatiantimes.com/news/Sports/2014-06-24/35820/Fulham_eyes_Andrej_Kramaric

Croatian Times

English Premiership side Fulham is set to sign Croatian striker Andrej Kramaric, daily newspaper Novi List reports.

The club from London is allegedly ready to pay 7 million Euro for the player at Rijeka FC.

Turned 23 just a few days ago.  Second highest scorer in the top Croatian league last year.  Perhaps notably, given our history of up futility against lower tier teams, scored 8 goals in a first-round cup match against a third-tier team.  (Also scored two goals in the cup semifinal; his team went on to Croatian Cup although he did not score again in the final.)  Not called up to the senior Croatia team yet, but 4 goals in 8 appearances for the Croatia U21 team.  

My take: seems like an interesting prospect if you're into players who have had success in weaker leagues and might be able to make the jump to a higher level, but 7 million Euros seems like a lot.

Here's a highlights package.

Edit to add: from watching the video, he doesn't seem to be much of an aerial threat (there are three headed goals in the mix, but with no defenders near him on any of them), but dribbles well in tight space and scores and sets chances up with both feet.  The back-heeled goal at around 4:18 is pretty neat.

FPT

Quote from: jmh on June 24, 2014, 04:58:13 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 24, 2014, 04:45:51 PM

Croatian Times

Turned 23 just a few days ago.  Second highest scorer in the top Croatian league last year.  Perhaps notably, given our history of up futility against lower tier teams, scored 8 goals in a first-round cup match against a third-tier team.  (Also scored two goals in the cup semifinal; his team went on to Croatian Cup although he did not score again in the final.)  Not called up to the senior Croatia team yet, but 4 goals in 8 appearances for the Croatia U21 team. 

My take: seems like an interesting prospect if you're into players who have had success in weaker leagues and might be able to make the jump to a higher level, but 7 million Euros seems like a lot.

Here's a highlights package.

Edit to add: from watching the video, he doesn't seem to be much of an aerial threat (there are three headed goals in the mix, but with no defenders near him on any of them), but dribbles well in tight space and scores and sets chances up with both feet.  The back-heeled goal at around 4:18 is pretty neat.

From his Wiki page:

Style of play

Kramarić has been described as versatile striker who is mobile enough to run behind defences and rather than waiting for crosses or ball to come to him, tends to run towards the ball, engulfing his opposition with an air of unpredictability about his play. Although naturally a lone striker his versatility makes him able to play well as winger or second striker.

Not much, but at least it's something.

HillingdonFFC

Can't read Croatian but according to a friend who can, all the latest reports from down there are saying Kramaric to us is a done deal, we shall see

Bryanthebroom

Wow what a statement of intent if true. Future of Croatian football.

PaulJ123

People seem to rate this lad highly but is he what we need after the Taggart signing? Would much prefer McCormack

Craven Mad

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Just signed with Swansea. Why the hell did we not sign him last summer to play in front of Ruiz?

Oh yeah I forgot we have an owner worth 4.3 billion, but had to stick with Ali Mac's brilliant bare bones survival plan.

FPT

Quote from: Moussa Dembele the 3rd on June 24, 2014, 10:51:27 PM
Just signed with Swansea. Why the hell did we not sign him last summer to play in front of Ruiz?

Oh yeah I forgot we have an owner worth 4.3 billion, but had to stick with Ali Mac's brilliant bare bones survival plan.

I.E, the plan in place when Mohamed Al Fayed was in charge? Good business decision from Khan, look what happened when we rushed January.

By the way, you missed out dollars.

jmh

Quote from: Moussa Dembele the 3rd on June 24, 2014, 10:51:27 PM
Who did?

FPT

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 24, 2014, 10:33:19 PM
Only rumours, but if he's being scouted by AC Milan and Chelsea, may have something about him...

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/04/ac-milan-scouting-young-croatian-striker/

Interesting that we're also linked in that one and it's from April, suggests some solidity to the rumours.