Main Menu

The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twang

Quote from: VamosFFC on July 03, 2014, 03:54:05 PM
Quote from: TWFL on July 03, 2014, 03:41:07 PM
Quote from: VamosFFC on July 03, 2014, 03:24:39 PM
Read a report linking us with FC Koln midfielder Adil Chihi. (have to scroll down a bit to read about Chihi)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2678566/Ross-McCormack-slaps-transfer-request-Fulham-target-tries-force-move.html

Also, read on twitter that Hangeland might be heading to FC Copenhagen. Someone saw him on a flight there with his gear bag.

The article's a bit wrong about Chihi, he's out of contract so obviously we won't be getting him on loan.

Saw someone mention that error too. Anyone know anything on this player or if there is any truth to it?

Just read a piece about Chihi actually. He came through as a huge talent at a young age and was seen as Podolski's successor. He initially did well, but along came the injuries he has been plagued by ever since. As soon as he's been able to play and train fairly regularly he got injued again.

But I guess it says something about his abality that Köln has kept him for this long despite his injury hell.

grandad

Quote from: twang on July 03, 2014, 04:00:38 PM
Read a report linking us with FC Koln midfielder Adil Chihi. (have to scroll down a bit to read about Chihi)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2678566/Ross-McCormack-slaps-transfer-request-Fulham-target-tries-force-move.html

Also, read on twitter that Hangeland might be heading to FC Copenhagen. Someone saw him on a flight there with his gear bag.

The article's a bit wrong about Chihi, he's out of contract so obviously we won't be getting him on loan.

Saw someone mention that error too. Anyone know anything on this player or if there is any truth to it?

Just read a piece about Chihi actually. He came through as a huge talent at a young age and was seen as Podolski's successor. He initially did well, but along came the injuries he has been plagued by ever since. As soon as he's been able to play and train fairly regularly he got injued again.

But I guess it says something about his abality that Köln has kept him for this long despite his injury hell.

If he is a sick note he should fit in with us.
Where there's a will there's a wife

grandad

Thought I would bring this back to the 1st page where it belongs.

Admin

Quote from: grandad on July 07, 2014, 07:04:47 PM

It's gone a bit quiet again, especially when I thought we'd be showing our hand around about now..

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Admin on July 07, 2014, 07:15:46 PM

It's gone a bit quiet again, especially when I thought we'd be showing our hand around about now..

We just beat East Fife... We'll be fine.

jmh

Is the team staying in Scotland this week in between the friendly at East Fife and the one at Motherwell this coming Saturday?  If so, is it possible that this impedes the process of getting transfers finalized?

grandad

Quote from: jmh on July 07, 2014, 07:44:06 PM

Is the team staying in Scotland this week in between the friendly at East Fife and the one at Motherwell this coming Saturday?  If so, is it possible that this impedes the process of getting transfers finalized?

All transfers are done at MP. I don´t think MacTight would have gone up to his homeland. He would have been told to look after the petty cash box in case there are any transfers that need to be paid.

ToodlesMcToot

Have we spent all the proceeds from the sale of the MJ statue?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

St Eve

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 07, 2014, 07:34:09 PM

We just beat East Fife... We'll be fine.
Let's hope that we are allowed to use 44 players

Fernhurst

Course they are staying in Scotland ..... Fort William actually, just near the base of Ben Nevis (highest mountain in Britain)
Felix was seen rubbing his hands

:58: :58: :58: :58: :58: :58: :58: :58: :58: :58: :58:
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

FPT

Quote from: jmh on July 07, 2014, 07:44:06 PM

Is the team staying in Scotland this week in between the friendly at East Fife and the one at Motherwell this coming Saturday?  If so, is it possible that this impedes the process of getting transfers finalized?

They're actually staying here. Beautiful looking place.

http://www.oldcoursehotel.co.uk/

Admin

Felix clearly isn't working them hard enough!!

jmh

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 07, 2014, 09:46:55 PM
Course they are staying in Scotland ..... Fort William actually, just near the base of Ben Nevis (highest mountain in Britain)
Felix was seen rubbing his hands

:58: :58: :58: :58: :58: :58: :58: :58: :58: :58: :58:
Sorry if it was a stupid question - I don't really have any idea what standard practice is in situations like this.  I mean, I know it's a foreign country (sort of), but it's not like they're in Costa Rica; it's barely more than an hour flight from Edinburgh back to London, so it seems feasible that they could have traveled back yesterday and trained at MP all this week if they wanted.

But yeah, that hotel looks pretty nice.

westcliff white

8 players in the photo, taking it is hoogard, burn is there on the left, Woodrow has his phone, and Hutchinson on the far right and the other 4 are that I can't name right now.....
Every day is a Fulham day

@jolslover

can anyone tell me who the top middle 4 are?
STH H3

Admin

Quote from: westcliff white on July 07, 2014, 10:31:10 PM
8 players in the photo, taking it is hoogard, burn is there on the left, Woodrow has his phone, and Hutchinson on the far right and the other 4 are that I can't name right now.....

Ryan Williams (Taking the pic), Woodrow (holding the soap ;-), Dan Burn, Marcus Bettinelli, don't know, don't know, George Williams and Hutchinson

FPT

It's Ryan Williams (he has a sleeve tattoo for future help on Williams/Hoogland), Burn, Bettinelli, Grimmer, Christensen, George Williams, Shaun Hutchinson and Cauley Woodrow in the middle.

YankeeJim

Just wondering, do they have swimming suits on? Team spirit is one thing.....
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: grandad on July 03, 2014, 06:57:26 PM
Quote from: twang on July 03, 2014, 04:00:38 PM

If he is a sick note he should fit in with us.
Yes he can take direction from Richardson
Quark, strangeness and charm

Jamie88

It still amazes me how so many of our fans don't know who some of those players in the photo are!