Main Menu

The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty shackleford

No one can complain about the age of the team anymore, thats for sure

Craven Mad

Craven Mad

Not the most useful compilation, but here's a youtube clip for those who like that sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oz2Lau90Mk

Northern Cottager

Quote from: rusty shackleford on July 08, 2014, 05:09:58 PM

On paper, one of our best summers so far. Got rid of almost everyone we needed too and signed some great players with a month to go. Very excited at the moment.

Few more players and we will be in for a good season!

Ordar

Probably the funniest response to a "source" reply ever.

Cant get more solid than the player himself uploading a picture.

If this guy can stay fit he'll be a fantastic signing from what I've seen. Good to see we're getting our business done early.

Flupp

For me the best new are that our players be under 30 !!!!

051 is spending his money the right way...thanks to Felix and his scouting network !!! there will be more great signings !!!
"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

DevonFFC

I'm getting bored already without and rumours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricB

The Daily Star reporting........Fulham are lining up a £3m move for Sheffield United defender Harry Maguire.

He was very good when we played them, although if we were going for another CB I would have thought he would have more experience

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

EJL

Maguire would be a terrific signing. Also has something like 150 senior appearances under his belt already.

RidgeRider

Quote from: rusty shackleford on July 08, 2014, 05:09:58 PM

but somebody probably will  :022:  086.gif

HatterDon

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 10, 2014, 12:28:39 AM
Quote from: Craven Mad on July 08, 2014, 05:11:15 PM
Quote from: jmh on July 08, 2014, 05:07:00 PM
So, Stafylidis...  is he good?

Yes. Will be first choice LB.

That and he isn't Risse.

AND none of us has seen him play, so he must be JUST what we need.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: HatterDon on July 10, 2014, 03:38:49 AM
Quote from: YankeeJim on July 10, 2014, 12:28:39 AM
Quote from: Craven Mad on July 08, 2014, 05:11:15 PM
Quote from: jmh on July 08, 2014, 05:07:00 PM
So, Stafylidis...  is he good?

Yes. Will be first choice LB.

That and he isn't Risse.

AND none of us has seen him play, so he must be JUST what we need.

Actually, some of us do watch games from other leagues around the world and have seen him play. For 20 years old he is a very mature, energetic, and skillful player. Then again, nothing will ever appease you it seems so what's the bother in pointing it out.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

FPT

Quote from: EJL on July 10, 2014, 12:51:49 AM
Maguire would be a terrific signing. Also has something like 150 senior appearances under his belt already.

You forgot being in the League One Team of the Year for three consecutive years at 21...

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Craven Mad

Quote from: EricB on July 10, 2014, 12:13:58 AM
The Daily Star reporting........Fulham are lining up a £3m move for Sheffield United defender Harry Maguire.

He was very good when we played them, although if we were going for another CB I would have thought he would have more experience

He would be a great signing - I've been banging on about him for ages. But, supposedly, Sheffield only want £2m for him, so where's the extra £1m come from?? Nonetheless, £3m for a young, English, right-footed CB - we'd be crazy not to go for him.

spikey norman

Zoltan returning to Hungary signing for Ferencvaros.
Loved his goals and celebration that followed when at Fulham

SKSW6

Maguire's experience at his age is amazing and he definitely sounds a talent, but with Burn, Amore, Hutch, I think one of Voser and Hoogland can play there, and the likes of Grimmer and Donelly coming through, do we need him? It is a long season though and I don't really know the make-up of a championship squad.

Craven Mad

Quote from: SKSW6 on July 10, 2014, 09:45:56 AM
Maguire's experience at his age is amazing and he definitely sounds a talent, but with Burn, Amore, Hutch, I think one of Voser and Hoogland can play there, and the likes of Grimmer and Donelly coming through, do we need him? It is a long season though and I don't really know the make-up of a championship squad.

I understand your point.

However, an injury (or lack of ability) from Hutchinson, leaves us with just two recognised (first team experience) centre backs (in Burn and Amore) who are both strongly left-footed. Grimmer or Donnely may be able to be backup to RCB, but Grimmer was used as an RB whilst on loan (so may be better suited out there), and Donnely - whilst very impressive at youth level - is a completely unknown quantity in the adult game, and may benefit from a year on loan. Hoog and Voser are both full-backs and probably wouldn't be cover for CB.

Ideally I'd like us to get Maguire but if £3m is all we have left, you're right, we do have *some* cover along the back line, and a CM is what I think we need more urgently.

westcliff white

I am sure Voser / Hoogland can play centre back however they are not listed anywhere i have seen as having that in their repertoire. Hoogland can play centre midfield though
Every day is a Fulham day