https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Quote from: Admin on August 04, 2014, 05:22:13 PM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on August 04, 2014, 04:31:36 PM
maybe wer waiting for ruiz and mitroglou to be sold before bringing in anyone new?

Yes, just like we waited with Dempsey and Dembele' last minute and seriously shot ourselves in the foot. Plus, what does selling these 2 have to do with signing a goalkeeper?

Might not have anything to do with it unless we are using the 'selling to buy' strategy.

Zu-Meister

wasnt really thinking about goalkeepers. my main concern is the midfield. if we play the diamond, the 2 on the side i have no clue. ruiz could potentially fit in(hope not) if he stays.

maybe khan is relying on funds coming in to buy new players.

what happened to sane who you said will sign by saturday?

fulhamben

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 04, 2014, 05:37:08 PM
Quote from: Admin on August 04, 2014, 05:22:13 PM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on August 04, 2014, 04:31:36 PM
maybe wer waiting for ruiz and mitroglou to be sold before bringing in anyone new?

Yes, just like we waited with Dempsey and Dembele' last minute and seriously shot ourselves in the foot. Plus, what does selling these 2 have to do with signing a goalkeeper?

Might not have anything to do with it unless we are using the 'selling to buy' strategy.
well i reckon we have so far. Money for kasami Richardson Ashman and stockers must have offset all our incomings
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Admin

Quote from: Zu-Meister on August 04, 2014, 05:39:27 PM
wasnt really thinking about goalkeepers. my main concern is the midfield. if we play the diamond, the 2 on the side i have no clue. ruiz could potentially fit in(hope not) if he stays.

maybe khan is relying on funds coming in to buy new players.

what happened to sane who you said will sign by saturday?

I personally didn't say Sane would sign by Saturday, I copied the quote from someone else, but I reckon the Bulgarian was our "look what you could have won" type signing. As for not signing a keeper, I think we're absolutely mad going into the season without an experienced one.

AlexH

Jordon Mutch on the way to QPR. Great to see Cardiff losing him and Medel.

We still need a goalkeeper, central midfielder and winger - I reckon we're going to have a busy deadline day.

callumc513

Quote from: AlexH on August 04, 2014, 07:17:25 PM
Jordon Mutch on the way to QPR. Great to see Cardiff losing him and Medel.

We still need a goalkeeper, central midfielder and winger - I reckon we're going to have a busy deadline day.

He was seriously good against us at the Cottage last year.

KP_FFC

jmh

He looked reasonably competent, if not awe-inspiring, in the portion of the friendly that I was able to watch.  Seems like he'd be a reasonable depth option in central midfield if we're unable to sign more accomplished targets.

On the other hand, there's gotta be a reason why Werder Bremen let him go for free, and then Bolton let him go for free, and then Grasshoppers let him go for free.  Hopefully we've thoroughly investigated that and established that there isn't a cause for concern before bringing him on board.

Zu-Meister

regarding sane, it seems its between us and cardiff.

Walsh

Watford interested in Frimpong, would you take him back at Fulham??

the nutflush

Jason Davidson to West Brom.  I'm disappointed we didn't nab this guy.  I suppose we got Stafy but its only a loan isn't it?

Admin

Quote from: the nutflush on August 04, 2014, 11:29:54 PM
Jason Davidson to West Brom.  I'm disappointed we didn't nab this guy.  I suppose we got Stafy but its only a loan isn't it?

With a view to buy if we're promoted

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Walsh on August 04, 2014, 11:18:55 PM
Watford interested in Frimpong, would you take him back at Fulham??

Nope.  Looked alright if VERY rash, then was dreadful from all reports at Barnsley.  We have to be aiming higher than that.

Forever Fulham

Hell, no, to Frimpong.  He would tackle a nun.

jmh

Is that the Aussie left back we were talking about?  If he's getting signed by a Premier League club, what makes you think he would've been willing to sign with us?

No thanks on Frimpong.  He's alright but we could do better.

Is there a source on the claim that Sane is "between us and cardiff"?

the nutflush

Quote from: jmh on August 05, 2014, 12:35:39 AM
Is that the Aussie left back we were talking about?  If he's getting signed by a Premier League club, what makes you think he would've been willing to sign with us?

He would have got a game with us straight away before we signed Stafy.  He might be sitting on the bench a bit more at West Brom.  The word is he was very keen to join us. 

Admin

SkyBet Championship ‏@Transfer_News24 11m

Cardiff have made a bid in the region of €3.5m for Bordeaux defender Lamine Sané. Fulham are also keen on a deal. #ccfc #ffc

Humbled

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: the nutflush on August 05, 2014, 03:04:01 AM
Quote from: jmh on August 05, 2014, 12:35:39 AM

He would have got a game with us straight away before we signed Stafy.  He might be sitting on the bench a bit more at West Brom.  The word is he was very keen to join us. 

His agent was touting him around to all and sundry all summer.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: Humbled on August 05, 2014, 10:14:37 AM
Rumoured to be interested in Glenn Murray

I'd be surprised if Palace sell him, but he's a great player at Div 2 level. His goals got Palace promoted.
Never ever bloody anything ever.