more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeuceBigelow

From Get West London:

The manager said: "It's not his fault. It was totally the wrong decision to take a player like Mitroglou; he was the most expensive signing, and he's not used to the English way of football. 

"He would like to play in the Champions League, and it was my wish to sign Ross McCormack, who is the right player for us and the right player for the Championship."

Fulham will attempt to either reclaim part of their massive outlay on Mitroglou, or offer him on loan.
Riverside Block W

Lighthouse

Fulham are rumoured to be interested in versatile midfielder Taulant Xhaka

Both Tunnicliffe and Cole have been told they are not part of any Fulham plans. Despite long contracts they will be allowed to leave. Both have been training with the youth squads.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

I agree we will sign some more players but sadly not until at least one of the 3/4 names mentioned above leave. According to gelid Kay has sad name who you want and we will get them. Seems as tho flux is happy with free signings and players like fotheringham. Hopefully we see movement soon, have nothing against unknown players but am always cautious with those and youth until they get out there and perform
Every day is a Fulham day

Deanothefulhamfan

Westcliff, correct me if I am wrong but have we not bought 4 players this summer?

Vosser
Mccormack
Eisfield
Taggart

cmg

Quote from: ollienixs on August 08, 2014, 03:24:58 PM
I still see 2/3 plays coming In

Ah, yes. But which ones?

Comedy of Errors? (last season's production)
Much Ado About Nothing?
All's Well That Ends Well?

DevonFFC

Reports that Felix wants the xhaka brothers at Fulham

DevonFFC

Could be pulling the same trick we tried with riise bros

PeterFFC

Quote from: ollienixs on August 09, 2014, 01:50:53 PM

Hopefully.would turn out better!
Also think there's no way we could get the Monchengladbach one,  and the other is supposed to be rubbish.

Berserker

Quote from: ollienixs on August 09, 2014, 01:50:34 PM
Reports that Felix wants the xhaka brothers at Fulham

their name sounds a bit like the Deliver Us From Evil 'Haa haa Whoo' owl

See you tube for clip of it
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

RidgeRider

Watching the Premier League Countdown show on NBCSN and they just mentioned Southampton raked in 161M in transfer fees so far.

Now that....is a good business model. You can spend 25% of that on some bright new prospects and some Prem quality journeyman and pocket the rest and start over. They may get relegated but the will have a huge heap of dose to rebuild. Not sure what their debt situation looks like but they've done good building with youth and then selling them on.

Craven Mad

Quote from: PeterFFC on August 09, 2014, 02:10:30 PM
Quote from: ollienixs on August 09, 2014, 01:50:53 PM

Hopefully.would turn out better!
Also think there's no way we could get the Monchengladbach one,  and the other is supposed to be rubbish.

+1

Tony.Lee

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 09, 2014, 04:12:45 PM
Watching the Premier League Countdown show on NBCSN and they just mentioned Southampton raked in 161M in transfer fees so far.

Now that....is a good business model. You can spend 25% of that on some bright new prospects and some Prem quality journeyman and pocket the rest and start over. They may get relegated but the will have a huge heap of dosh to rebuild. Not sure what their debt situation looks like but they've done good building with youth and then selling them on.

Southampton easily know what they are doing when it comes to transfers and youth players. If the rest of the football league at least followed their youth structures then we could possibly have an exciting few teams to watch rather than just one.
Twitter - @Tony_LeaS

westcliff white

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 09, 2014, 11:29:10 AM
Westcliff, correct me if I am wrong but have we not bought 4 players this summer?

Vosser
Mccormack
Eisfield
Taggart

Voser and taggert were nominal fees but guess they are still fees. I did mention I did mention in another post that McCormack cost sizeable funds and a return similar to,last year is what we need to get up this. As for eisfield that's a million or so well spent for me. But as I have consistently said I am cautiously optimistic for the season ahead, but do feel we need some experienced championship or similar type players coming in
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

Mark Robins became the first managerial casualty of the new season when he parted company with Huddersfield Town.   

grandad

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 10, 2014, 11:26:19 AM
Mark Robins became the first managerial casualty of the new season when he parted company with Huddersfield Town.   
That will upset a few on this board as the idiots have had their knives out for Magath since day 1. I hope they lost their money on betting that Magath would be 1st to go.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

Rumour - Yawn - Ruiz has signed a four year deal with Besikthingy.

Talking about 4 million euro fee.

Birmingham White

Italian websites are saying we have agreed a deal in principle for Taulant Xhaka who is a defender for Basle. Wikipedia says he is 5ft 7" so he can only be a full back. Why do we need another full back??? Unfortunately no mention of his brother Granit who is supposed to be very good.

Admin

Granit Xhaka can leave Borussia M'gladbach to sign for Fulham

SKSW6

Quote from: Birmingham White on August 10, 2014, 09:18:30 PM
Italian websites are saying we have agreed a deal in principle for Taulant Xhaka who is a defender for Basle. Wikipedia says he is 5ft 7" so he can only be a full back. Why do we need another full back??? Unfortunately no mention of his brother Granit who is supposed to be very good.

He's ridiculously versatile. Last season he played all across the midfield and all across the defence. I think if he's bought it's more as a CDM.

Deanothefulhamfan

Wow.... Is Magath about to pull a huge bunny from his magic hat.... This would be unbelievable and I assume very expensive.... Either way this will be the best bit of business this summer for Fulham.