watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

I know Granit is a six foot midfielder but is a defensive player or other?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Deanothefulhamfan

From what I have seen, he is very much a box to box player, he is strong, excellent in the tackle, fast, skilfull, comfortable with the ball at his feet, very energetic and a decent shot.

He is the midfielder we so desperately needed last season, and would be the best player in the league if we signed him... Surely it must be a massive bid from Fulham though.

SKSW6

Xhaka moved for £7.5m to Monchengladbach 2 seasons ago, has been immense since then, and they finished 6th in the Bundesliga last season. He's seriously one of the top young players in the world right now. I really don't get why you'd drop from a top Bundesliga side to a Championship side. Is there actually a solid source on this, because it just seems next to impossible.

Zu-Meister

Its the less talented Xhaka we are after. The Granit rumour is from a twitter account who has 17 followers.........

Skatzoffc

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 09, 2014, 04:12:45 PM
Watching the Premier League Countdown show on NBCSN and they just mentioned Southampton raked in 161M in transfer fees so far.

Now that....is a good business model. You can spend 25% of that on some bright new prospects and some Prem quality journeyman and pocket the rest and start over. They may get relegated but the will have a huge heap of dose to rebuild. Not sure what their debt situation looks like but they've done good building with youth and then selling them on.

They wont reinvest.
They will take all the profits out of the club, bin it and then leave the country.

Its the only way the daughter can get the family money back.

Shameful.
It could be the end of Southampton imo

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Skatzoffc

Quote from: SKSW6 on August 11, 2014, 12:40:39 PM
Quote from: Birmingham White on August 10, 2014, 09:18:30 PM
Italian websites are saying we have agreed a deal in principle for Taulant Xhaka who is a defender for Basle. Wikipedia says he is 5ft 7" so he can only be a full back. Why do we need another full back??? Unfortunately no mention of his brother Granit who is supposed to be very good.

He's ridiculously versatile. Last season he played all across the midfield and all across the defence. I think if he's bought it's more as a CDM.

Perhaps Taulant Xhaka is the Base of the diamond Mr Magoo wants.
Here's hoping.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

DeuceBigelow

Quote from: Zu-Meister on August 11, 2014, 01:12:17 PM
Its the less talented Xhaka we are after. The Granit rumour is from a twitter account who has 17 followers.........

There have been a number of German websites reporting our interest in bringing in both Xhaka brothers, since early July, with 10 million euros plus being bandied around for Granit.
As we know, there is a big difference between showing an interest and signing a player.
Riverside Block W

DeuceBigelow

Granit was in the Swiss World Cup Squad, he scored in the 5-2 loss against France in their second game, where as Taulant chose to play for Albania.
Riverside Block W

Swiss72

Granit is one of the best Swiss midfielders of the current emerging generation. Was world champion U17 with Shaqiri and co if I am correct. Very highly rated in Switzerland.
I am a bit puzzled by the rumor as Lucien Favre, the Swiss manager of Moenchengladbach, knows him well and rates him. So it will take some money to have him come over. But it could be a massive statement of intent and signing.

Pluto

No chance of getting Granit Xhaka. Get real guys. I'd be very happy with Taulant though!

fulhamben

Quote from: Pluto on August 11, 2014, 03:44:48 PM
No chance of getting Granit Xhaka. Get real guys. I'd be very happy with Taulant though!
can't we at least pretend that we are not being asset stripped for a day or two
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

jmh

Quote from: fulhamben on August 11, 2014, 03:52:58 PM

"being asset stripped," even if true (which there isn't really any evidence of) has nothing to do with it.  Even assuming we were willing to spend the huge transfer fee that it would take to convince Moenchengladbach to sell him, why on earth would he leave a top Bundesliga club playing in Europe to scrap in the Championship?

fulhamben

Quote from: jmh on August 11, 2014, 04:16:24 PM

"being asset stripped," even if true (which there isn't really any evidence of) has nothing to do with it.  Even assuming we were willing to spend the huge transfer fee that it would take to convince Moenchengladbach to sell him, why on earth would he leave a top Bundesliga club playing in Europe to scrap in the Championship?
forgetting that he won't join, selling your better players and replacing them with inferior freebies and loans is what if not asset stripping. Especially when you are very weak in certain areas. If mo had of done this, this season we would be more up in arms. Yes window isn't shut yet but I expect more to leave than arrive. So far we have saved millions in wages and made millions through sales.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: fulhamben on August 11, 2014, 04:24:13 PM

forgetting that he won't join, selling your better players and replacing them with inferior freebies and loans is what if not asset stripping. Especially when you are very weak in certain areas. If mo had of done this, this season we would be more up in arms. Yes window isn't shut yet but I expect more to leave than arrive. So far we have saved millions in wages and made millions through sales.

We've made millions in sales? Most went for free aside from a small fee for Stek and Dejagah? Can't think of many more?

fulhamben

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 11, 2014, 04:27:18 PM

We've made millions in sales? Most went for free aside from a small fee for Stek and Dejagah? Can't think of many more?
Richardson kasami and stockers

jmh

Many of the players who were sold (or allowed to leave on frees) were major parts of the abysmal team from last year, and deserved to be run out of town.  We've got all of one player on loan and it's obvious that we're trying to build a team of young, hungry players rather than the complacent, declining veterans of last year.  What's wrong with that?

fulhamben

Quote from: fulhamben on August 11, 2014, 04:30:08 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 11, 2014, 04:27:18 PM

Richardson kasami and stockers
and don't get me wrong, I can see the need for cutting wage costs, but making money on sales when certain postions are so bad? Why hav a billionaire investor owner who talks about promotion when a tramp could have spent or made as I happens the same amount of money

fulhamben

Quote from: jmh on August 11, 2014, 04:32:46 PM

Many of the players who were sold (or allowed to leave on frees) were major parts of the abysmal team from last year, and deserved to be run out of town.  We've got all of one player on loan and it's obvious that we're trying to build a team of young, hungry players rather than the complacent, declining veterans of last year.  What's wrong with that?
the ones we actually sold were worth keeping, the others I agree with though

..Kya.ffc..

Would be shocked if Granit Xhaka joined. Perhaps we offered them Mitro and Ruiz for him. Just to tempt the spirits 067.gif
Beers may have been involved in this post.

spikey norman

051Olympiakos and Fulham in talks about a loan deal for Mitroglou according to Sky Sports