watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SIDWELL LEAVES

Started by Riversider, May 15, 2014, 11:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Lol, this is the same Hughes who scuppered a pre arranged deal to sign sidwell when he first turned up at the club only to be forced to buy him 5 months later due to the club not giving him the cash to buy who he wanted. How the mighty have fallen Hughes how the mighty have fallen
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

JBH

Quote from: DukeTyrion on May 16, 2014, 10:12:03 AM
Quote from: Berserker on May 16, 2014, 10:09:08 AM
He's sure to go as I've had him as my PC wallpaper since the Villa game. Players always leave once they are showing on my PC, Murphy, Dempsey, it's the kiss of Death I tell you

In which case, I think there are a few more players that people will want you to add as your wallpaper...

Yes can you put a picture of Parker as your wallpaper please  065.gif

JBH

His SPF 100 Sun Block at home and had to go back home to get it before Felix allow him to train today  065.gif

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quick ..............Someone anyone
give Mrs B a photo of Parker

MJG

And I get accused of Pointless posts  :doh:

JBH

Quote from: MJG on May 16, 2014, 11:00:11 AM
And I get accused of Pointless posts  :doh:

This is a true story FACT  :54:

Lighthouse

Ah the Sidwell leaf - Pops up when you don't expect them, but can cause mess with a last fall bringing down other leaves. Glad this was brought up.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Northern Cottager

Quote from: JBH on May 16, 2014, 10:50:58 AM
His SPF 100 Sun Block at home and had to go back home to get it before Felix allow him to train today  065.gif

Oh, that is painful. May give the forum a swerve if we're getting pointless and dull posts all summer.

Max Headroom

in the premier league I didn't want Sidwell playing for us as him and Parker in midfield was the most negative midfield around. In the championship, it is more his level, and it would be a shame if he was to go..... I'd still only have him on the bench though...

fulhamben

Quote from: Max Headroom on May 16, 2014, 12:22:53 PM
in the premier league I didn't want Sidwell playing for us as him and Parker in midfield was the most negative midfield around. In the championship, it is more his level, and it would be a shame if he was to go..... I'd still only have him on the bench though...
and should we come straight back up we would be stuck with a player that by your own admission wouldn't cut it. Time to build for the long term
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Texas White

Quote from: JIMMY D on May 16, 2014, 09:33:19 AM
Quote from: JBH on May 16, 2014, 09:29:52 AM
Quote from: JIMMY D on May 16, 2014, 09:24:04 AM
I hope this does not happen. Steve will be great in the championship as he is a fighter. Going to be a very hard season.

Didn't see  him fighting very much v Hull City

Well then we need to buy 11 players for next season! No one was fighting,

Its true. He coasted the last two games. He had already decided to go.

JBH

Quote from: JIMMY D on May 16, 2014, 09:33:19 AM
Quote from: JBH on May 16, 2014, 09:29:52 AM
Quote from: JIMMY D on May 16, 2014, 09:24:04 AM
I hope this does not happen. Steve will be great in the championship as he is a fighter. Going to be a very hard season.

Didn't see  him fighting very much v Hull City

Well then we need to buy 11 players for next season! No one was fighting,

Woodrow David Dejagha and Amor were all fighting   

SimpleTactics

Had a look at the Stoke City forum and someone referred to Sidwell as being a play-maker  :005:

Dodger53

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: SimpleTactics on May 16, 2014, 01:28:21 PM
Had a look at the Stoke City forum and someone referred to Sidwell as being a play-maker

So Sidwell is a box to box player and the team that finished 9th in the Premier League is interested  in him............................good luck to him.

Tonywa

Quote from: FFC1987 on May 16, 2014, 10:16:45 AM
Wish him all the best. Top lad, top team player and good to the fans. Can't question him on any fronts regardless of my view on his technical ability. When I rarely watch MoTD next year, i'll keep an eye on his progress.

Well said!

The Rock

3-4 years ago a 27 year old Sidwell might not have even made our starting 11! That is how bad we have become.

We need better players anyway. I'd like to see him do well elsewhere and good luck.

I just hope that if we are keeping Parker, it is as the elder father figure for 10 young whipper snappers with soon to be PL quality. 

The Rock

And we didn't offer him a 2 year deal which he wanted anyway.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: MJG on May 16, 2014, 09:03:27 AM
Quote from: EJL on May 16, 2014, 08:38:37 AM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on May 16, 2014, 04:14:32 AM
Can the club convince Parker to take an assistant coaching role?

And if Steve stays in the Prem, good for him. He put in an honest shift. It's not his fault that he was our best player this season, warts and all.
I think there's a worrying trend with our fans wanting current players or fan favourites to be thrusted into managerial/coaching positions. I've not seen anything from Parker that would make me want him as our assistant manager, regardless of whether or not he's even started his coaching badges.
The way he stormed down the tunnel after the Hull game, I dont really want him anywhere near the club let alone being a coach.

I don't WANT Parker as a coach, but I would PREFER him as a coach than as a starting CM on 70K a week next season killing our team while blocking young prospects and/or transfers. If there's a way to purge him from the club entirely, by all means...