watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tour

Started by FFC1999, May 19, 2014, 10:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1999

When do the club announce where they are going on tour?

valdeingruo

After all of the other news sites report it of course. I would imagine it will be announced after the end of season staff meeting. We know the club is playing atleast one friendly in the States so it could be something along a MLS tour like Crystal Palace is doing.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Logicalman

Quote from: andersons11 on May 19, 2014, 10:59:18 PM
After all of the other news sites report it of course. I would imagine it will be announced after the end of season staff meeting. We know the club is playing atleast one friendly in the States so it could be something along a MLS tour like Crystal Palace is doing.

Lets hope so, because the match against DC United is just a farce now!!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Logicalman on May 20, 2014, 12:32:45 PM

How come it's more of a farce now than it was when first announced?

Logicalman

Quote from: Northern Cottager on May 20, 2014, 02:18:07 PM

because when it was originally announced, we were attending a footie match, now, those attending (who can at least get tickets that is) will be joined by a bunch of people that have little or no interest in the game, and are there solely for the concert. Sorry, farce isn't the right word, its well beyond that.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

cmg

I understand that Magath is pressing for the salt mines of Thuringia.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Logicalman on May 20, 2014, 02:21:59 PM

because when it was originally announced, we were attending a footie match, now, those attending (who can at least get tickets that is) will be joined by a bunch of people that have little or no interest in the game, and are there solely for the concert. Sorry, farce isn't the right word, its well beyond that.

I think the idea of playing DC United one day and then the next day playing
the Jaguars at touch tackle 'football' is a great one.

From my point of view I just wish we were playing DC in DC as it's 2 hours drive,
but I'm still planning to drive and it will be nice to meet you and Jim and some others
and have a couple of cans of Tizer.
I've been here 12 years now and the only other time we've played over here was in
Columbus, Ohio. I couldn't get to that but I remember we got thrashed 4/5-0
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Logicalman

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on May 20, 2014, 03:28:05 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on May 20, 2014, 02:21:59 PM

I think the idea of playing DC United one day and then the next day playing
the Jaguars at touch tackle 'football' is a great one.

From my point of view I just wish we were playing DC in DC as it's 2 hours drive,
but I'm still planning to drive and it will be nice to meet you and Jim and some others
and have a couple of cans of Tizer.
I've been here 12 years now and the only other time we've played over here was in
Columbus, Ohio. I couldn't get to that but I remember we got thrashed 4/5-0

I agree Roger, mixing the three things together on the same evening (kick-off is supposed to be at 6PM with Underwood coming on at 8) is just not on.

I went to the All Stars game, think we lost that one 4-0 or 4-1. Great weekend there though, simply because we had a tailgate party before the match, watched the match and then all assembled in a pub for the evening post-match drink, without anything else to dilute the occasion.

sunburywhite

Quote from: cmg on May 20, 2014, 02:44:45 PM

I understand that Magath is pressing for the salt mines of Thuringia.

The way we played this year I would rather he took them to the Mountains of Mordor
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

aaronmcguigan

Can't we just play a few local friendlies or a tour of Scotland/ NI? The American game isnt going to be a money spinner. The owner can replace us with any team just to make up the numbers, and we can stay and work on fitness and training. How many championship teams are off to USA this summer./?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on May 21, 2014, 12:28:35 AM
Can't we just play a few local friendlies or a tour of Scotland/ NI? The American game isnt going to be a money spinner. The owner can replace us with any team just to make up the numbers, and we can stay and work on fitness and training. How many championship teams are off to USA this summer./?

The only thing is that there are lots of us over here, both English and Americans (and maybe a few other nationalities)  who would love to see a team in the Fulham kit even though it's a meaningless match, but it's a good excuse for us to meet up with each other and have a few glasses of Lucozade and swap stories.
I know there was a lot of fun had at the Ohio game a few years ago.

love4ffc

I posted this earlier on the exiles board. 

Ok bad news for those hoping to see the Fulham vs DC United game in Floriday. 
Just got off the phone with JAG's ticket office.  The event is currently only be offered to season ticket holders.  They are not sure yet if they are going to open it up to the public for general admission.

I hope Fulham of Florida has a really good contact at the jags and can make something happen.   While I know the London contingency thinks it's a bad idea I would really like to see my beloved Fulham. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

The Rock

If I were Khan I'd exclusively tour the US. It will be the only opportunity to get PR in the states after he neglected the team and got it relegated. So far he's a complete failure and you'd have to think he'd want to do everything to negate that image.He's facing a full year of Fulham not on TV in the states and it will be difficult for him to build his "brand" without an international audience.

VamosFFC

Quote from: love4ffc on May 21, 2014, 01:05:18 AM

Just got off the phone with JAG's ticket office.  The event is currently only be offered to season ticket holders.  They are not sure yet if they are going to open it up to the public for general admission.

I hope Fulham of Florida has a really good contact at the jags and can make something happen.   While I know the London contingency thinks it's a bad idea I would really like to see my beloved Fulham.  

I really hope this isn't true. I was really looking forward to seeing Fulham play even though it's only a preseason friendly. Would be a bad move on Khan's part in my opinion.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: VamosFFC on May 21, 2014, 02:17:07 AM

Just got off the phone with JAG's ticket office.  The event is currently only be offered to season ticket holders.  They are not sure yet if they are going to open it up to the public for general admission.

I hope Fulham of Florida has a really good contact at the jags and can make something happen.   While I know the London contingency thinks it's a bad idea I would really like to see my beloved Fulham. 

I really hope this isn't true. I was really looking forward to seeing Fulham play even though it's only a preseason friendly. Would be a bad move on Khan's part in my opinion.

Have a look at my posting "Carrie Underwood in Jacksonville"

Logicalman

The blurb from Khan & Co is that ST Holders will each get to keep their seats for the duration, therefore only those seats that are not ST held (and you can get STs up to the end of May) wil be subject to outsiders, like the Fulham & DC fans, and, of course, the hoards of CU fans that will snap anything up with her name on it.

Complete farce, does this provide any evidence of what Khan thinks of Fulham and their supporters? Food for thought, perhaps?

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, I find it bloody disgusting that fans are treated in this way, with no mention of it on the Fulham site.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Me too

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Logicalman on May 21, 2014, 02:45:08 AM

The blurb from Khan & Co is that ST Holders will each get to keep their seats for the duration, therefore only those seats that are not ST held (and you can get STs up to the end of May) wil be subject to outsiders, like the Fulham & DC fans, and, of course, the hoards of CU fans that will snap anything up with her name on it.

Complete farce, does this provide any evidence of what Khan thinks of Fulham and their supporters? Food for thought, perhaps?

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, I find it bloody disgusting that fans are treated in this way, with no mention of it on the Fulham site.

Simple explanation, switch the Fulham match to another day or start it at noon, 1, 2, 3 but no later then 4.
and stock up the toilets with plenty of paper for the expectant 16 years old creamers,

fulhamben

Quote from: The Rock on May 21, 2014, 01:09:22 AM
If I were Khan I'd exclusively tour the US. It will be the only opportunity to get PR in the states after he neglected the team and got it relegated. So far he's a complete failure and you'd have to think he'd want to do everything to negate that image.He's facing a full year of Fulham not on TV in the states and it will be difficult for him to build his "brand" without an international audience.

so exposure in america is more important than a proper pre season? Last year's tour is one of the reason we were relegated. Jol and Ali Mac should have been at home strengthening the squad, not having a jolly in Costa Rica. Our pre season is far more important than a tour in america. Absolute joke of a decision when so much work has to be done. Hopefully Felix will get some input as I doubt he will want to go
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: fulhamben on May 21, 2014, 03:42:20 AM
Quote from: The Rock on May 21, 2014, 01:09:22 AM

so exposure in america is more important than a proper pre season? Last year's tour is one of the reason we were relegated. Jol and Ali Mac should have been at home strengthening the squad, not having a jolly in Costa Rica. Our pre season is far more important than a tour in america. Absolute joke of a decision when so much work has to be done. Hopefully Felix will get some input as I doubt he will want to go

It's not a tour, it's one game, which is a fiasco
Us lot over here deserve to see the boys.
eg: There's an ex-pat couple over here who specifically got married in St Andrews Church