watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

our good friend Rich…

Started by WhiteJC, May 20, 2014, 03:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

our good friend Rich, Craven Cottage Newsround and the fantastic "Fulham Review" has written a book about Roy, if its half as good as the Fulham Reviews, then its going to be  a fantastic read...

Roy Hodgson: A Football Life

This took me a long time to write. It's been fascinating putting it together. The end result is as complete a retelling of Roy Hodgson's career to-date as you'll find.

Give it a go. You might like it, you might not, but at £3 it's pretty okay, financially. Kindle only for now I'm afraid.

Buy it here.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2014/05/20/roy-hodgson-a-football-life/?

RidgeRider

great news. Rich is an excellent writer as passionate about Fulham as anyone. This is a must get for me.

RidgeRider

:012:

Amazon is only allowing UK residents to purchase...........

WhiteJC

Quote from: RidgeRider on May 20, 2014, 03:07:50 PM
great news. Rich is an excellent writer as passionate about Fulham as anyone. This is a must get for me.

its a good cover as well  :dft011:

HatterDon

knowing Rich, he'll figure out a way to get print copies and both Kindle and print available to us here in the Colonies.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

Is Rich doing a season review of our highly successful 2013/14 season? It wouldn't take too long to knock something together...  fp.gif

MJG

Quote from: RidgeRider on May 20, 2014, 03:19:36 PM

Rich is going to try and sort it out over the next few days. Its down to the photo on the cover having only UK rights I believe.

EJL

I'll definitely be buying this. CCN was the first Fulham blog (or any blog, really) that I started religiously keeping track of.

RidgeRider

Quote from: MJG on May 21, 2014, 10:23:19 AM
Quote from: RidgeRider on May 20, 2014, 03:19:36 PM

Rich is going to try and sort it out over the next few days. Its down to the photo on the cover having only UK rights I believe.

Cool. Thank you. Can't wait.

btings

Quote from: Burt on May 21, 2014, 10:09:42 AM
Is Rich doing a season review of our highly successful 2013/14 season? It wouldn't take too long to knock something together...  fp.gif

I've asked him this and he said he no longer has the time, plus he doesn't live in London any more, which makes it more complicated to sell the hardcopies.

It's a shame, the Fulham Review is wonderful.  But I think it was an enormous amount of work for him, he's got little kids, etc.

HatterDon

Quote from: btings on May 22, 2014, 05:55:39 PM
Quote from: Burt on May 21, 2014, 10:09:42 AM

I've asked him this and he said he no longer has the time, plus he doesn't live in London any more, which makes it more complicated to sell the hardcopies.

It's a shame, the Fulham Review is wonderful.  But I think it was an enormous amount of work for him, he's got little kids, etc.

Yeah, this is the second summer without a Review and it's a bit sad really. I always appreciated his willingness to print a couple of my "Views" and allow me the odd [VERY odd] feature article, but most of all I loved to read every word of every edition.

MJG

Richard says that it should be ok now for our cousins across the pond to now download

btings

I can confirm that it's available for purchase in the US now.

HatterDon

Quote from: btings on May 23, 2014, 07:31:05 PM

still just on Kindle now, though right?

btings

Quote from: HatterDon on May 24, 2014, 12:03:11 AM

Correct.

HatterDon

Quote from: btings on May 24, 2014, 01:08:16 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on May 24, 2014, 12:03:11 AM

Correct.

I'm patient. They'll be killing some trees for me soon.

WhiteJC

MJG

You can now buy a paperback version of the book
http://www.godsfoot.com/

MJG

Rich has done a second run of the paperback version and you can buy it at HTTP://www.godsfoot.com

HatterDon

ordered it and received it.

I'm just waiting to finish the book I'm reading now, and then off I go into Woyland!