watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Toure considers future over lack of handshake

Started by domprague, May 20, 2014, 04:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domprague

Dear Mr Toure, please just ask for a transfer request and stop making yourself look like a plonker. Sulking over the lack of a handshake - how old are you?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27484318
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Blanco

I was about to write up a topic about this. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is outrageous. He's a grown man and he's upset about such a silly thing. Of course it could just be his agent blowing things out of proportion and he's just casually agreed with him but even so it's just sad.  fp.gif

I'd be astounded if he left because of this and I might change my opinion of who my favourite midfielder is.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Well, I'll gladly offer him a birthday handshake, or even a blow job, if he wanted to play for us for a season.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Burt

Weird one.

Looks like he got a cake rather than a shake from the Sheikh.

:Get Coat gif:

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Macedo

Think it might go a bit deeper than just the lack of birthday
greetings..Obv something else been going on.

Macedo

He can come and help our cause if he likes..lol

Northern Cottager

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on May 20, 2014, 04:38:13 PM
Well, I'll gladly offer him a birthday handshake, or even a blow job, if he wanted to play for us for a season.

Are they the 2 options? First a handshake then you nosh someone off? Slut.

YankeeJim

Now, that defines "taking one for the team".    067.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Pluto

I'd be over the moon if my work gave me a cake and a tweet for my birthday, let alone £280k a week!

domprague

:plus one:

Quote from: Pluto on May 20, 2014, 05:48:32 PM
I'd be over the moon if my work gave me a cake and a tweet for my birthday, let alone £280k a week!
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Isn't this  the point made by Hodgson ??????

It is about not being valued and feeling alienated and that does not change with the salary,  ............................
some team is going to get a very good player

Berserker

Yes that's one of the reason's I have put in for Voluntary Exit at work
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ToodlesMcToot

I think you should ask for a handshake after as well. No sense in YOU leaving the transaction feeling underappreciated.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Pluto

This actually made me a bit sad: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27484049

Regardless of what the owners did or didn't do, Toure's reaction is plain rude. Someone earning an annual salary which is probably less than a tenth of what he earns a week has spent time and effort making a cake for him and he's completely unappreciative of the gesture. All he can think about is his ego. It's just pathetic.

Just really rubs me up the wrong way. We cheer these footballers on every week and kids look up to them as heroes but they just don't live in the real world.

Logicalman

This is all supposing the agent isn't having a daft half-hour and there's a semblance of truth to it all.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

It might be his last ever birthday. You never know!

Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Blanco

Quote from: Pluto on May 20, 2014, 07:58:07 PM
This actually made me a bit sad: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27484049

Regardless of what the owners did or didn't do, Toure's reaction is plain rude. Someone earning an annual salary which is probably less than a tenth of what he earns a week has spent time and effort making a cake for him and he's completely unappreciative of the gesture. All he can think about is his ego. It's just pathetic.

Just really rubs me up the wrong way. We cheer these footballers on every week and kids look up to them as heroes but they just don't live in the real world.

He seems to be just ignoring them. p****.

SKSW6

Apparently it's an attempt to get Barca interested in him again after a management change, as he's said before that he wants to end his career there. Some City fans reckon it wouldn't be the end of the world to cash in on him now considering his market value is as high as it's ever going to be for a 31 year old who will miss playing time through being at the AFCON next season. They said Silva would be a bigger loss, which does surprise me as someone from the outside looking in.