https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

In the abscence of FFC

Started by blingo, May 29, 2014, 01:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

What is your favourite sausage?

Rhys Lightning 63

I have no idea what type of sausage it was (just a plain pork sausage, no apple or leek or any other stuff that gets put in a sausage these days), but my great uncle used to run a butchers shop down in Wales and they had the BEST sausages in the world.
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Lidl sausages are pretty special..

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

CorkCity

Cumberland, with mash, onion & gravy mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

PokerMatt

I've yet to find a better one than my local butcher does - pork and beef with garlic, sage and more garlic. Absolutely incredible in a casserole it is.

As an aside - we buried one (got 7 instead of 6) at the request of a lady that my wife spoke to, who said that if you bury a sausage in the garden (euphemism alert) you will get good weather on your wedding day. I'm assuming the quality of the sausage counts because in the midst of some horrific days our wedding weather (May 9th) was lovely. Bit windy, but the forecasts had it down for a stinker.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Fernhurst

Is that you Fred using Blingo's computer???

Cumberland Pork and Leek BTW
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Admin

Had these in Poland last week, not sure what type they are, but better than anything I've had in this country.

Lighthouse

Surely the question should be is there a sausage you don't like.

I must apologise but I am even very fond of vegatarian sausages although I am not a veggie.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mikeyffc28

haha, great thread, you silly sausage!!

mikeyffc28

FPT

The Chorizo sausage is a thing of beauty.

Sammyffc

Quote from: FPT on May 29, 2014, 02:56:41 PM
The Chorizo sausage is a thing of beauty.

absolute marvellous piece of sausage that is . my vote also goes to chorizo . However I've also had some absolutely standard sausage from waitrose , they are simple , but a masterpiece

TheDaddy

Quote from: CorkCity on May 29, 2014, 01:59:02 PM
Cumberland, with mash, onion & gravy mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Thats a bloomin big sausage ?
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Bedford White

The Barford Banger as sold by Southall's butchers in Great Barford are the business. I also have a special fondness for Brätwurst sausages and sauerkraut. I used to live on them during my days in Germany. There's quite a few different types of Brätwurst too, regional variations, they're all good.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Admin on May 29, 2014, 02:29:35 PM
Had these in Poland last week, not sure what type they are, but better than anything I've had in this country.

They would probably be Polish sausages !

This is touching a raw nerve for me, since I've been here, over 12 years, I have found nothing compared to plain old Wall's or Richmond pork sausage.
Or, best of all there used to be a butcher next to St Margerets Station (Twickenham) who sold superb
snags.
My daughter can't even bring them over as there is still a meat embargo, although she does bring Farrows peas.
I've come across a few 'proper' butchers and there are loads of English grocers in the US selling mail order bangers, cornish pasties (mmmm)  snake and pigmy pies, etc ....but none as good.
Irish/British pubs, not so good either around here.
I make my own tiddy oggies and sausage rolls, skinless cos the skins they use here are too thick.
The closest I've come so far and both in the build up to St Patricks Day.  Traders Joes (supermarket) or probably the best - Costco (Food club)
Lots of supermarkets have an 'International section" but at $8 for a small bottle of Salad Cream they're really expensive.
I think the best salesman in the world must be in America because everywhere I go Crawfords Shortbread are on sale, even non-food shops !
The search for sausages continues but sometimes I could murder a Fray Bentos Steak and Kidney Suet
Pie, distgusting I know
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I like giving my missus some of my sausage. She's usually very grateful too

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

blingo

this thread is about real sausages Billy, not cocktail sausages or chippolatas lol.

blingo

Don't ya just miss Fat Freddy?

HatterDon

a sausage thread ... on Friends of Fulham

:012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012: :012:

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

blingo

You must remember the first one, started by Fat Freddy's Cat Mr HD?