watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Woodrow & Rodallega

Started by JackyFulham90, May 30, 2014, 09:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

If given a chance could form a really good partnership in the Championship.
Woodrow is a good hold up player where as Rodallega can get behind a defence.
Obviously I will be happy if we sign a striker but I will be pretty happy if this is our striker pairing for next season.

shnlwswlkr

Rodallegas footwork is awful at times, along with his first touch and can't be reliable even with sitters, I think we should put our trust into somebody else.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Lighthouse

If Rodders had played alongside Woodrow when our new manager took over we would not be going down. Despite his poor touch Rodders does stretch defenders and make them work. We nned strikers to come in but Rodders and Woodrow looked decent together in the one game. Something I had been crying out for from earlier on.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Craven Mad

I think Rod will improve with game time, but it'd be a risk going into next season relying on those two to perform when (admittedly, with little game time together) they didn't this year. Still, CF isn't the priority, has to be CB/LB/CM. Lots of options up top, less so in other roles.

Strikers: Cauley, Rodders, Moussa, Marcello [Ruiz, Roberts]
Central Mid: Parker, Tunni [David, Kasami]
Centre Backs: Brede, Burn, Amore
Left Backs: [Richardson, Amore]

*Bracketed players indicate those who could suffice, but it's not their natural role*

FortCollinsFulham

Yeah I certainly wouldn't mind that partnership, especially in the Championship.

Obviously signing another striker would be neat, but I wouldn't be gutted with that pairing if it came to it....and I'm not sure how I feel regarding the Crouch talk in other news.
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

cmg

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on May 30, 2014, 09:26:58 AM
Rodallegas footwork is awful at times, along with his first touch and can't be reliable even with sitters, I think we should put our trust into somebody else.

I agree. He's a nice bloke, Hugo. Everybody likes him. Tries hard, good attitude. runs around a bit. Only problem is - he's not much good. He's managed ten goals in the PL before now, so he might get a few in the Championship. I wouldn't bank on it, though.
He should be OK for the season - there are many who value sweat over skill

JackyFulham90

Quote from: cmg on May 30, 2014, 10:02:19 AM

I agree. He's a nice bloke, Hugo. Everybody likes him. Tries hard, good attitude. runs around a bit. Only problem is - he's not much good. He's managed ten goals in the PL before now, so he might get a few in the Championship. I wouldn't bank on it, though.
He should be OK for the season - there are many who value sweat over skill

He scored goals that nearly kept us up this season, I'm very confident that say he plays 35 games next season is the Championship he will get 15 goals

twang

I'm absolutely convinced that if you give Hugo game time and get his confidence up, then he's a decent ~10 goals a season striker in the Premier League. Considering how many strikers that have scored for fun in the Championship and then found it hard to even match that in the top league (Long, Chopra, Ebanks-Blake, Nugent etc), I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that Hugo will come good next season. Especially as his playing style should be a perfect fit with the league.

And Woodrow has impressed greatly so far, surely it would be a mistake not having him as at least the third choice striker.

Rodallega, Woodrow, Dembele/Trotta and a proven Championship striker (like McGoldrick for example) would definitely do it for me.

cmg

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on May 30, 2014, 10:05:23 AM

"He scored goals that nearly kept us up this season, I'm very confident that say he plays 35 games next season is the Championship he will get 15 goals"
[/quote]

I'm not trying to start an argument here. I don't much care whether Hugo stays or goes. I hope he does well. I'm just not that enthusiastic about him or his record as a goalscorer.

He got TWO goals for us last season (and 3 the season before) did those two goals 'nearly keep us up' any more or less than those scored by Sidwell, Dejagah, Berbatov, Richardson etc. all of whom scored more than Hugo - and none of which did, in the event actually keep us up?

If he plays 35 games in the Championship 15 goals would hardly be a sensational return for a forward.

twang

Quote from: cmg on May 30, 2014, 10:31:18 AM
I'm not trying to start an argument here. I don't much care whether Hugo stays or goes. I hope he does well. I'm just not that enthusiastic about him or his record as a goalscorer.

He got TWO goals for us last season (and 3 the season before) did those two goals 'nearly keep us up' any more or less than those scored by Sidwell, Dejagah, Berbatov, Richardson etc. all of whom scored more than Hugo - and none of which did, in the event actually keep us up?

If he plays 35 games in the Championship 15 goals would hardly be a sensational return for a forward.

Of course you don't mention that he had the best goals per game time stat in our squad last season. Or the fact that he was very succesful against the lower league opposition we faced in the cups.

And that's during a season in which he was far from a regular starter.

Admin

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on May 30, 2014, 09:24:32 AM
If given a chance could form a really good partnership in the Championship.
Woodrow is a good hold up player where as Rodallega can get behind a defence.
Obviously I will be happy if we sign a striker but I will be pretty happy if this is our striker pairing for next season.

Together, they will not get us the goals needed to get out of the Championship.

FPT

I think they would be a good partnership, but I'd love to see Cauley Woodrow link up with Jordan Rhodes to create a partnership of "WoodRhodes."

Rhodes is proven at scoring goals, mostly in the box. Cauley can do all of the hardwork as well as chipping in here and there.

DukeTyrion

I actually think that Rodellega and Dembelle would make a great partnership.

westcliff white

Rodders is terrible at prem level, champ he may well bag a few. I am not his biggest fan but as I say in the CHamp he will score 15 or so.

But I fear we need a goalscorer getting 20/25 and another getting 15
Every day is a Fulham day

bog

I think this would work. I rate Rodders. He never got the 'ump about disappearing of the face off the earth under Jol and Rene and he soon struck up a rapport with the crowd due to his work rate for the cause. Don't agree with the comment about his control. 

092.gif   

jmh

I remember when we signed a striker because he was reliable with sitters.  David Healy sure did turn out awesome for Fulham.

Robbie

We need battle hardened 15 goals minimum strikers. Hugo may be the man, not sure though. It is tough league, lots of pushing of light-weight strikers off the ball.

St Eve

I like Hugo and he may be good in the championship, but not premiership class

Bracken White

How refreshing to read some positives regarding Hugo. We should have ditched Bent months ago but i agree 100% a Rodallega/Woodrow partnership could be potent. Former never complained even those chosen failed to perform & Woodrow is like a brath of fresh air. Fine if we sign another striker & perhaps we should - but I think these guys will give us a proper spearhead back - something we've been lacking for the past 2 seasons.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

kdjr100

I think there are goals in the pairing for sure.

I don't think that either would have to be the provider and one the scorer. Rodellega is surprisingly good in the air and Woodrow's movement and positioning is going from strength to strength. I can see them both getting 15+ goals next year. They really seem to complement eachother.

Add some set piece goals and a couple from the midfield and that should be enough to take us up, no need to fork out on a big striker when there are other areas of our team that desperately need filling with quality first. Plus when we would run the risk of hampering the development of possible world class younger players.
"and there's a tidal wave on the Thames!"