watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marcello Trotta hand in transfer request

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, June 03, 2014, 12:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-striker-marcello-trotta-submits-7207364

Fulham striker Marcello Trotta has submitted a transfer request in a bid to force a move away from Craven Cottage.

The Italian U21 international scored 13 goals in 40 games during a successful season-long loan spell with Brentford as they won promotion to the Championship.
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Rhys Lightning 63

Not 100% sure about how to feel about this. I've always rated him, but 13 goals in 40 in League 1, doesn't equate well to The Championship
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Admin

Something must be on the boil for him to do this, knowing that he won't get regular first team football next season.

K33NY

Quote from: Admin on June 03, 2014, 12:49:42 PM
Something must be on the boil for him to do this, knowing that he won't get regular first team football next season.

Was thinking the excact same thing. I was allso thinking that I dont think we would going to see him anyways perform, I would like to but Woodrow is better imo and seems like he is going get more playtime next season. And I have a feeling we will see more to Dembele next season to.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Admin on June 03, 2014, 12:49:42 PM

My thoughts too.

I expect he's been told he's - at best - third choice to Hugo+Cauley, which has made him want to go.

Add Mitrog to the list and Marcello's now fourth choice. Also Dembele maybe above him, and if Tanks signs, behind him too. This is also assuming we don't sign a new striker - which I think we may. There's just no way he'll get minutes.

It's a shame, but I think we'd be right to sell to Brentford.

JBH

Bye then Marcello have a nice life, I for one will not lose any sleep over your departure from FFC

MJG

Pity as I think he at least deserved a chance to show what he can do. But as already seen this thread will turn into a 'he was crap anyway' thread.

Scrumpy

At least he's had the balls to submit a written request, which apparently means he misses out on a 'loyalty' bonus. Too many players refuse to do this, but force the issue using other, more dubious, methods.

I wish him good luck, as long as he doesn't score against us.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

MJG

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 03, 2014, 01:14:57 PM
At least he's had the balls to submit a written request, which apparently means he misses out on a 'loyalty' bonus. Too many players refuse to do this, but force the issue using other, more dubious, methods.

said pretty much same on twitter. Its a rare event these days.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 03, 2014, 01:14:57 PM

It shows how much he wants to play. Credit to him, a move wouldn't be about the money or prestige; lad just wants to play football.

No hard feelings from me. Best of luck to him.

David Allen Crankshaw

Hope he gets his move to Brentford. He needs to play regularly and that wouldn't have been the case at Fulham.

JBH

Quote from: MJG on June 03, 2014, 01:07:02 PM
Pity as I think he at least deserved a chance to show what he can do. But as already seen this thread will turn into a 'he was crap anyway' thread.

What has he done to say his better than crap (as you so politely put it) he has scored a few goals in League 1

Neil D

Of course.  The last thing we need is an Italian U21 international makeweight  clogging up our squad... fp.gif

MJG

Quote from: JBH on June 03, 2014, 01:28:34 PM

What has he done to say his better than crap (as you so politely put it) he has scored a few goals in League 1
scored goals at every level he has played..except a very short loan at watford which was one appearance.
Gone on loan and showed balls to go back to Brentford after his first year on loan.
Been picked more than once for Italy u21's which has to be a sign he has something.

He's different to anything we have and would have been another option.
25 first team goals in 60 games is not bad for a player his age.
Thats what he has done, and as I say think he deserved his chance.

JBH

Quote from: MJG on June 03, 2014, 01:49:56 PM

scored goals at every level he has played..except a very short loan at watford which was one appearance.
Gone on loan and showed balls to go back to Brentford after his first year on loan.
Been picked more than once for Italy u21's which has to be a sign he has something.

And the time he didn't score was the time he spent in the Championship so you have actually answered the question!

Also Zat Knight played for the full England side and he had nothing o the U21 argument is not really a valid point either is ir?

SouthfieldWhite

The thing is, most who will probably say he's crap, have probably never seen him play live

MJG

Quote from: JBH on June 03, 2014, 01:52:21 PM

And the time he didn't score was the time he spent in the Championship so you have actually answered the question!

Also Zat Knight played for the full England side and he had nothing o the U21 argument is not really a valid point either is ir?
ONE GAME

bobbo

Let him go if he doesn't want to play for us they I for one don't want him
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Craven Mad

Quote from: JBH on June 03, 2014, 01:52:21 PM

What you're missing is others are only saying he deserves a chance based on his age and his proven finishing ability. You're the one writing off a 21 year old who's one of the top scorers of a team promoted to the league we're now in.

If Marcello wants to go, I'm inclined to say that'd be ok - having watched him play many times I'm not 100% convinced he'll make it (but wouldn't say he won't either) and I think we have better options. But I'd certainly not say he's crap or good riddance etc..

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on June 03, 2014, 01:54:52 PM
The thing is, most who will probably say he's crap, have probably never seen him play live

Brentford fan I know says he's alright but couldn't guarantee a starting place with them last year in Div 3.

But you're right, I've never seen him play.

Never ever bloody anything ever.