watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

13 Hours 30 minutes...

Started by McBridefan1, June 11, 2010, 01:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBridefan1

'til the world cup kick off... so where are you all watching the game?

finnster01

I'll be busy at work.

South Africa and Mexico interests me about as much as Harry Redknapp's multiple bungs.

And that includes even if SA is starting KigsOithere Dicksagay
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Steve_orino

At work as well...and there will be plenty of people there hoping Mexico on to victory.  I am in Texas!

The WC starts on Saturday for me!!!  Greece v. Korea doesn't do much for me but Nigeria v. Argentina will be fun to watch and then the big one USA v. England! 

Can't start quick enough!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

CorkedHat

It will be midnight here and I don't care if Luxemburg is playing the Faroes Islands I will be up watching, glass of red in my hand. and the log fire crackling merrily in the hearth.
I shall be doing this in the unalienable knowledge that I am the only person within a 100km radius who will be doing this and I can only weep at their misfortune.
Prior to this my beloved Aussie Rules team, Carlton, will be playing North Melbourne, and if my old mate Ed had still been with us we would have watched it together - after a few ales in the pub of course. (I have just returned from the said pub so I am well primed for a night in)
But he's not - so I shall be watching alone and I shall not be seeing my bed until dawn. Great ain't it?  :019:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

epsomraver

Log fire Corkie? must be down to 20c again, I am going to the cottage to watch the England game, not fussed about the rest though.

Burt

Will be around a mate of mine...

A few of us will be hosting each England game on a rotating basis. Only rules are to bring beers from the country of origin of the team we are playing against, and a curry.

BRING IT ON!!

McBridefan1

ya I'm watching at home every game except weekend games I'll be watching those at my brother in laws house. American Beer, Algerian Beer and Slovenian beer... damn let's hope your guys play Germany in the next round. :54:

finnster01

Quote from: Burt on June 11, 2010, 01:09:25 PM
Will be around a mate of mine...

A few of us will be hosting each England game on a rotating basis. Only rules are to bring beers from the country of origin of the team we are playing against, and a curry.

BRING IT ON!!
Mr Burt,
Sounds like a good format. However, what are you going to do if against all odds Old England have to play North Korea...? A bit of an issue on the beer-front then mate? Maybe, you should just use Scotland as a default option. North Korea vs Sweaty Socks, not really all that much in it   :dft012: :beer:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

CorkedHat

Quote from: epsomraver on June 11, 2010, 12:40:48 PM
Log fire Corkie? must be down to 20c again, I am going to the cottage to watch the England game, not fussed about the rest though.

One of Australia's best kept secrets is our winters Mr ER.
Here is the official forecast from the Met Office:

Forecast for Saturday
A mostly sunny day. Morning fog and frost patches. Winds southwesterly averaging 10 to 20 km/h. Overnight temperatures falling to around 3 with daytime temperatures reaching around 14.
Horsham
Light frost clearing.
Min
Max
No UV Alert, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low]
Forecast for Sunday
A mostly sunny day. Morning fog and frost patches. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to around 2 with daytime temperatures reaching around 15.
Horsham
Fog and frost clearing.
Min
Max

As you can see it is definitely a red wine and log fire kind of night.

ron

I'm busy trying to imagine what kind of night isn't a red wine night.....?

CorkedHat

Quote from: ron on June 11, 2010, 02:07:56 PM
I'm busy trying to imagine what kind of night isn't a red wine night.....?

On a summers evening here when it gets into the high thirties/low forties and then it is a white wine night

ron

Ah, that clears that one up !....( Colour may be variable but good to know that the important word remained)

McBridefan1

why is it when a poor guy drink alot of wine he is called a wine-o or a drunk... when a man of means drinks alot of wine he is called a wine enthusiast??? :005:

McBridefan1

anyone see that commercial where Homer Simpson answers the door and it is christiano ranoldo... and homer says huh it's ranal... :doh: doh.