Previous topic - Next topic

Do we have confidence in Mackintosh?

Yes
22 (21%)
No
83 (79%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Pluto

No confidence whatsoever. I'm also frankly worried about how much control we're giving Felix.

YankeeJim

Mac can go and the sooner the better. Here in the states, if a coach or some political appointee gets a vote of confidence, you can wager his days are numbered.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

StuFFC

Mac is the man who gave Dembele a buy out clause, He use to run Man City into near relegation every season before they offloaded him onto us. The man should go to qphahaha and stay there!!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

What I can't understand is, if I was him and was obviously aware of all of the comments against him, the treatment of Brede, the treatment of the fans, most importantly the tremendous bad feeling directed at the club of which he is the big cheese (ish)
I'd stand up and make some statements, explain a few things, because I've got balls !!
It's us lot who pay his wages.
However perhaps he's not allowed to or is scared of jeopardizing his fat pay check.

One day someone is going to write a tell-all biography, only then might we learn what has been going on.

A whip round for a bicycle and then he can get on it and peddle to wherever ex-MD peddlers peddle to.

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

premFlem

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on June 03, 2014, 10:15:31 PM
I understand that Mackintosh is the man that has brought in the correct people to oversee our youth and academy......from what I understand we are more advanced in this area than most, we have invested heavily in this area with coaches, players, networking, support and playing facilities at Motspur Park......I think Mackintosh's biggest mistake was keeping Jol - this is probably were we could of done with a Director of football or similar overseeing Jol's shady dealings
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on June 03, 2014, 10:15:31 PM
I understand that Mackintosh is the man that has brought in the correct people to oversee our youth and academy......from what I understand we are more advanced in this area than most, we have invested heavily in this area with coaches, players, networking, support and playing facilities at Motspur Park......I think Mackintosh's biggest mistake was keeping Jol - this is probably were we could of done with a Director of football or similar overseeing Jol's shady dealings
Makes me wonder was curbishley brought in as a quasi /poor mans director of football then scapegoated when it went t's up I suppose we'll never know, and does Shahid even know what a director of football is?...
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Burt

As I am on the outside looking in, I don't feel qualified to comment on this. How can we possibly know what is going on? On the face of it AM has presided over a disastrous couple of seasons, resulting in our relegation, but given we have no intimate knowledge of who does what, where the power lies, who controls the purse-strings etc. then all we can do is speculate on the basis of ignorance rather than facts and data.

blingo

Clearly, not one of you remember Bulstrode or Clay then?

vagrant

Quote from: blingo on June 04, 2014, 09:00:09 AM

:Haynes The Maestro:

premFlem

Quote from: blingo on June 04, 2014, 09:00:09 AM
I do and sleepwalking back to the same situation is what we all hope to avoid.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Hammer Smith

If you're going to run this poll fairly you should have inserted a "don't know" option. How can any of us be absolutely sure about who is wielding power behind the scenes and how many of the key decisions are taken at the Club. We can all see the problems - and we are all right to express our grave concerns - but I'm very weary of apportioning blame to individuals without any certainty about how many of the key decisions have been reached - even at Chief Executive level.

7787fulham

I have no faith at all first he backs jol with cash to buy oap's without questioning it then whilst rene was trying to turn things round he sneaks behind rene's back to bring felix in and now we have released all these players and havent brought anybody.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Berserker on June 03, 2014, 09:06:12 PM
How do we know this?

Well, we do know that Khan stated that he was following Jol's and AM's plan that was already in place when he took over form MAF. Who else is left that would have had any input into transfers and team matters and who hasn't already been terminated?

I won't say that AM should be fired, but his performance should definitely come under great scrutiny IMHO.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 03, 2014, 09:20:49 PM
I keep being told that nobody knows what our MD is actually responsible for. He doesn't seem to be at fault for anything except taking orders and being praised by our new owner. So for this reason alone I have no confidence at all in him. The decisions being made now still seem to be as poor as they were a few years ago. None of it may be his fault. But then what the hell does he do?

After the 8 years i spent at Fulham i came to understand that all decision were made by 1 man, yes there was a board and someone like Mackintosh at the helm, but that person would act on what he was told to do, he would spend the money he was told he could spend or in the last season not spend, so i would guess that Khan has given Mackintosh a program of what he wants, yes we can blame Mackintosh but should we? your comment None of it may be his fault. But then what the hell does he do? well i would guess like everyone that has/does work there they do what they are told to do.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

But then what the hell does he do?[/b][/i] well i would guess like everyone that has/does work there they do what they are told to do.
[/quote]

Gissa job, I could do that.
How much is the pay and do I get my suits cleaned ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Lighthouse

So he does what he is told to do. Even if it makes no sense? He is just a zombie? Sorry but I never just did what I was supposed to do if I didn't think it made any sense. That is clearly the problem. People are like cattle and people not only support that idea but applaud it. Jeez, no wonder we are stuck with the a system that is so floored.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: alfie on June 04, 2014, 05:28:35 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on June 03, 2014, 09:20:49 PM
I keep being told that nobody knows what our MD is actually responsible for. He doesn't seem to be at fault for anything except taking orders and being praised by our new owner. So for this reason alone I have no confidence at all in him. The decisions being made now still seem to be as poor as they were a few years ago. None of it may be his fault. But then what the hell does he do?

After the 8 years i spent at Fulham i came to understand that all decision were made by 1 man, yes there was a board and someone like Mackintosh at the helm, but that person would act on what he was told to do, he would spend the money he was told he could spend or in the last season not spend, so i would guess that Khan has given Mackintosh a program of what he wants, yes we can blame Mackintosh but should we? your comment None of it may be his fault. But then what the hell does he do? well i would guess like everyone that has/does work there they do what they are told to do.

Except that Khan, on multiple occasions, stated that his management style was to put people into their jobs, give them the support and resources to do their jobs, get out of the way, and then hold them responsible for their performance.

He also stated the bit about trusting the business plan for the 2013/14 season that was in place before he arrived and that he did so on the advice of those who remained after the handover between owners. He hadn't had time to place his own people.

Outside of that, I can't recall one bit of information coming out about the inner workings of the Khan regime.

Maybe the plan in place was MAF's and Jol and AM just suggested it as the best path until the season ended. But certainly the plan changed by January. We were told (or it was leaked) that Rene was only allowed to choose his two United youths in January. Who would've chosen and paid for the rest?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

grandad

I will keep the poll going for a little longer as there have been some good discussion. Pretty much a no confidence vote. Can this be sent to the Club?
Where there's a will there's a wife

blingo

Do you think the club will give a monkies about a poll with less than 100 votes?

Lighthouse

Quote from: blingo on June 04, 2014, 08:14:53 PM
Do you think the club will give a monkies about a poll with less than 100 votes?

No but neither they know how to run a football club as the last few seasons prove.  So it is just of interest to the rest of us.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Quote from: grandad on June 04, 2014, 08:07:28 PM
I will keep the poll going for a little longer as there have been some good discussion. Pretty much a no confidence vote. Can this be sent to the Club?

Only if you do the same on their FB page.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.