A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BREDE HANGELAND

Started by JBH, June 04, 2014, 11:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who actually thinks that after last seasons woefull performances and injury problems Brede should have been release?

YES
63 (55.8%)
NO
50 (44.2%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: June 06, 2014, 11:22:08 AM

JBH

Lets be honest and not let past emotions blinker the vote

MJG

Yes if he would not take his pay cut as agreed in contract.
No, because I felt if fully fit he would have been good for another season.

So how do I vote?

Nero

Quote from: MJG on June 04, 2014, 11:25:00 AM

So how do I vote?

I think it makes you a swinger, and I think I might be the same. Shall we get a bowl for the car keys!!!!

JBH

So how do I vote?

As the vote says "Based on last season"

WhiteJC

if we're talking about last season then none of them would get a 'keep' vote

JBH

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 04, 2014, 11:38:42 AM
if we're talking about last season then none of them would get a 'keep' vote

And most of them are being shipped out so I take it you believe that the club is dong the right thing?

MJG

Quote from: JBH on June 04, 2014, 11:36:15 AM

So how do I vote?

As the vote says "Based on last season"
Then we would release everyone...which we seem to be doing anyway

Lighthouse

What a pointless poll. Do we think a player a few seasons passed his best should be released? Well I would imagine a majority would agree he should.

Yet another thread on Brede. Should we now have a poll saying how well we think the club dealt with the releasing of a player. Haven't we done this one to death?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Aaron

Nobody seems to know exactly what transpired as yet..  

So rather than speculate about what happened between the club and Brede I'll focus on the football matters.

Brede, as much as I love him, has been crap for over a year now and doesn't really show any signs of improvement.  He's 32, he's not a kid anymore, I don't see it getting any better.

Considering the interest we've fended off in the past I'd imagine Brede was earning a healthy crust.  We could do without a massive wage bill like that for a player who is not only past his best but scarcely even a shadow of his former self.

Contrary to what people seem to think about the ownership at the club, financial fair play is a reality and one we cannot afford to ignore.  We can do better than Brede for the money I think, but the manner of his demise is unfortunate.

Berserker

Quote from: Nero on June 04, 2014, 11:29:01 AM

So how do I vote?

I think it makes you a swinger, and I think I might be the same. Shall we get a bowl for the car keys!!!!

Isn't that a swapper?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

General

This is pointless... Hangeland had an injury, none of the team apart from sidwell and heitinga actually played well and we're playing in the championship next season which is a weaker league. That's the practical side of it. To have an injury and still be playing shows how bad we were and how much we were in a mess. The fact that he willingly played for us whilst injured just showed how much he cared.

On the emotional side, this guy has stayed at this club through thick and thin, contributed to great wins, our best ever league finish, our crowning moment as a club getting to the Europa league final, cares a lot about the club, stayed for varying reasons when he could have gone and is great with fans and humble. To treat that kind of loyalty in such a reported manner is shocking.

Just imagine if you had given six years to a company and been a top manager and popular with your peers for them to send you an email whilst you were on holiday saying you're fired and no longer have a job.

It is disgraceful and very cloak and dagger... He was hurriedly removed from the player profiles, whilst holtby, diarra and other players who are no longer on our books are still there... They gave him six lines and ten pictures to sum up their thanks and they didnt even publish it on the main news and home page of the Fulham site... This was cloak and dagger and personal and unecessary. As fans this is a club that is meant to at least have some soul, care about the individual and represent us properly as fans.

I would be suprised to see a single fan think the way he was let go was the right way to do it, knowing the history and what he has contributed to the club...

General

Quote from: JBH on June 04, 2014, 11:22:08 AM
Lets be honest and not let past emotions blinker the vote

You're being emotional by influencing the vote by the way you have phrased the question... It is almost like you're in on the whole thing.

premFlem

Quote from: Aaron on June 04, 2014, 11:58:42 AM
Nobody seems to know exactly what transpired as yet..  

So rather than speculate about what happened between the club and Brede I'll focus on the football matters.
Quote from: General on June 04, 2014, 12:01:13 PM
This is pointless... Hangeland had an injury, none of the team apart from sidwell and heitinga actually played well and we're playing in the championship next season which is a weaker league. That's the practical side of it. To have an injury and still be playing shows how bad we were and how much we were in a mess. The fact that he willingly played for us whilst injured just showed how much he cared.

On the emotional side, this guy has stayed at this club through thick and thin, contributed to great wins, our best ever league finish, our crowning moment as a club getting to the Europa league final, cares a lot about the club, stayed for varying reasons when he could have gone and is great with fans and humble. To treat that kind of loyalty in such a reported manner is shocking.

Just imagine if you had given six years to a company and been a top manager and popular with your peers for them to send you an email whilst you were on holiday saying you're fired and no longer have a job.

It is disgraceful and very cloak and dagger... He was hurriedly removed from the player profiles, whilst holtby, diarra and other players who are no longer on our books are still there... They gave him six lines and ten pictures to sum up their thanks and they didnt even publish it on the main news and home page of the Fulham site... This was cloak and dagger and personal and unecessary. As fans this is a club that is meant to at least have some soul, care about the individual and represent us properly as fans.

I would be suprised to see a single fan think the way he was let go was the right way to do it, knowing the history and what he has contributed to the club...

Brede, as much as I love him, has been crap for over a year now and doesn't really show any signs of improvement.  He's 32, he's not a kid anymore, I don't see it getting any better.

Considering the interest we've fended off in the past I'd imagine Brede was earning a healthy crust.  We could do without a massive wage bill like that for a player who is not only past his best but scarcely even a shadow of his former self.

Contrary to what people seem to think about the ownership at the club, financial fair play is a reality and one we cannot afford to ignore.  We can do better than Brede for the money I think, but the manner of his demise is unfortunate.

+1    The days of mo's "secret"preparation for club sale are over, yet the club is still run like a secret society. Embarrassing and definitely not Fulham.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Nero

Quote from: General on June 04, 2014, 12:01:13 PM

It wasnt cloak and dagger was it, every time they speak to a player about his furture do you want it blazen all over the club website. They held talks with him and asked him to contact them again.

He has been removed from the website because he is no longer a Fulham player, the other players mentioned have contract until the 30th June so I would expect them to be removed then. Its a simple as that people are trying to read more into things then what they are.

They asked him to commit he said I let you know they tried to contact him he didnt reply. Club said sod this he not interest get rid. end of. Get him off the wage bill and look for a replacement this is an important season coming up we need to know whos up for the fight and Brede wasnt. So thanks but farewell.

If Brede has a problem with being let go he can go to court but hes probabaly happier as it makes him availbale on a free where he can ask for a bigger signing on fee. Players and agents arent stupid they knew what they where doing.

The digust he has soon about the e mail was more of a hey guys im available on a free now come talk to me.

Please stop making out the club is wrong in releasing a player who didnt want to stay. He if wanted to stay he wouldnt have had a clause in his contract that allow him to leave when relegated, so not that loyal is he.

ToodlesMcToot

I voted "No" just because of the criteria used. I don't believe that his performance, given what we know about his nerve issues (even with surgery that takes time to rectify), warranted dismissal.

On the other hand, it's quite obvious that Dan Burn is ready to succeed in The Championship and that he is a starter at this level. I assume that he is much, much cheaper than Brede as well. Both he and Brede play on the left side primarily and by playing them both (they appear to have been the best two CBs left) the club would weaken the defence by weakening performance at one of it's most important positions. Add this to other factors like his age, his willingness to renegotiate his salary, etc. and a better case for parting ways can begin to be made.

If Khan has really dismissed concerns with balancing the books in order to attain promotion, then all ideas of sentimentality with regard to players and staff must be put aside for the good of the cause.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

simplyfulham

Quote from: JBH on June 04, 2014, 01:42:20 PM

+1    The days of mo's "secret"preparation for club sale are over, yet the club is still run like a secret society. Embarrassing and definitely not Fulham.
[/quote]

Why should the club do all of its dealings etc in the public eye its not a PLC and is not beholden to it's share holders?

Sometimes I actually wonder what planet people are on :doh:
[/quote]

You are confusing companies born out of a necessity with the objective to make profit and a football club born out of a community and the idea that it is representative of its community.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: premFlem on June 04, 2014, 12:26:32 PM
The days of mo's "secret"preparation for club sale are over, yet the club is still run like a secret society. Embarrassing and definitely not Fulham.

What should they be doing? Publishing details of every contract negotiation? I'm sure the players would be delighted with that. Putting up lists of our transfer targets? That should put the fees up significantly.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: simplyfulham on June 04, 2014, 02:28:45 PM

+1    The days of mo's "secret"preparation for club sale are over, yet the club is still run like a secret society. Embarrassing and definitely not Fulham.

Why should the club do all of its dealings etc in the public eye its not a PLC and is not beholden to it's share holders?

[/quote]

You are confusing companies born out of a necessity with the objective to make profit and a football club born out of a community and the idea that it is representative of its community.

[/quote]

You are deluding yourself. Fulham, like most football clubs, are privately owned and the vanity project of their owners.

That Fulham is "a football club born out of a community and the idea that it is representative of its community" is just too romantic even for back in the days of Tommy Trinder.

General

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 04, 2014, 04:06:55 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on June 04, 2014, 02:28:45 PM

+1    The days of mo's "secret"preparation for club sale are over, yet the club is still run like a secret society. Embarrassing and definitely not Fulham.

[/quote]

You are deluding yourself. Fulham, like most football clubs, are privately owned and the vanity project of their owners.

That Fulham is "a football club born out of a community and the idea that it is representative of its community" is just too romantic even for back in the days of Tommy Trinder.
[/quote]

I preferred being the vanity project of Al Fayed who at least showed some class and ability and caring for the management of the club and it's success.. haven't seen anything of the sort since Khan came in and I can't say I am overly confident I expect (although I want) anything to change. That worries me. Not only does that worry me but it should worry you, because what we do and who we are as individiuals and as a club matters - it's our reputation season by season that counts for where this club goes and what it does... especially the lower down the leagues we go. After knowing about this club history of all, you should know that.

Arthur

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 04, 2014, 11:52:57 AM
Yet another thread on Brede. Should we now have a poll saying how well we think the club dealt with the releasing of a player. Haven't we done this one to death?

The news is less than 24 hours old. Nothing else Fulham-related has happened today.

Okay, you've had your fill. Some, however, will have had limited opportunity to read and respond to the views and opinions of other supporters and so the story is still very much of interest.

We're not all on here 24/7.