A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BREDE HANGELAND

Started by JBH, June 04, 2014, 11:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who actually thinks that after last seasons woefull performances and injury problems Brede should have been release?

YES
63 (55.8%)
NO
50 (44.2%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: June 06, 2014, 11:22:08 AM

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: General on June 04, 2014, 04:19:00 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 04, 2014, 04:06:55 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on June 04, 2014, 02:28:45 PM
Quote from: JBH on June 04, 2014, 01:42:20 PM

+1    The days of mo's "secret"preparation for club sale are over, yet the club is still run like a secret society. Embarrassing and definitely not Fulham.

Why should the club do all of its dealings etc in the public eye its not a PLC and is not beholden to it's share holders?

Sometimes I actually wonder what planet people are on :doh:

You are confusing companies born out of a necessity with the objective to make profit and a football club born out of a community and the idea that it is representative of its community.

You are deluding yourself. Fulham, like most football clubs, are privately owned and the vanity project of their owners.

That Fulham is "a football club born out of a community and the idea that it is representative of its community" is just too romantic even for back in the days of Tommy Trinder.
[/quote]

I preferred being the vanity project of Al Fayed who at least showed some class and ability and caring for the management of the club and it's success.. haven't seen anything of the sort since Khan came in and I can't say I am overly confident I expect (although I want) anything to change. That worries me. Not only does that worry me but it should worry you, because what we do and who we are as individiuals and as a club matters - it's our reputation season by season that counts for where this club goes and what it does... especially the lower down the leagues we go. After knowing about this club history of all, you should know that.
[/quote]

The post I was responding to talked about `community'. That really is not the reality.

Yes, of course Al-Fayed was a great Chairman and the club was well run and well respected under him. And yes, one of the things that attracts and keeps fans and players is the way we have gone about our business and that should be very important to us.

I am concerned about the club at the moment. Khan seems quite detached. He doesn't seem to know much about English football and doesn't seem to have advisers who do guiding him. Similarly I am concerned about Magath and his approach and strange decisions. They have both made serious mistakes. I hope they both get their acts together but I fear a rough ride next season.

simplyfulham

+1    The days of mo's "secret"preparation for club sale are over, yet the club is still run like a secret society. Embarrassing and definitely not Fulham.

Why should the club do all of its dealings etc in the public eye its not a PLC and is not beholden to it's share holders?

You are confusing companies born out of a necessity with the objective to make profit and a football club born out of a community and the idea that it is representative of its community.

[/quote]

You are deluding yourself. Fulham, like most football clubs, are privately owned and the vanity project of their owners.

That Fulham is "a football club born out of a community and the idea that it is representative of its community" is just too romantic even for back in the days of Tommy Trinder.
[/quote]

–––––

I think you misunderstand me.

I get what you mean, and believe me I understand that football clubs are investments for the rich these days, especially with international tv rights deals and the like.

But about 95% of them are bad investments, these owners will be lucky to break even, let alone ever see a return on their investment.

I'm not saying they owe us anything, but to think you can run a football club as an ordinary business and see the same returns is surely more delusional.

The football community bit was only me pointing out how football clubs are ultimately born. Before 20th century business tried to turn them into something profitable.

Burt

I think they should have used a similar tactic for the Scotland referendum.

After hundreds of years being under the thumb of those horrid English jessies south of the border, do you want Scotland to be rid of them?

WayneKerrins

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 04, 2014, 04:53:24 PM
Quote from: General on June 04, 2014, 04:19:00 PM

+1    The days of mo's "secret"preparation for club sale are over, yet the club is still run like a secret society. Embarrassing and definitely not Fulham.

I preferred being the vanity project of Al Fayed who at least showed some class and ability and caring for the management of the club and it's success.. haven't seen anything of the sort since Khan came in and I can't say I am overly confident I expect (although I want) anything to change. That worries me. Not only does that worry me but it should worry you, because what we do and who we are as individiuals and as a club matters - it's our reputation season by season that counts for where this club goes and what it does... especially the lower down the leagues we go. After knowing about this club history of all, you should know that.
[/quote]

The post I was responding to talked about `community'. That really is not the reality.

Yes, of course Al-Fayed was a great Chairman and the club was well run and well respected under him. And yes, one of the things that attracts and keeps fans and players is the way we have gone about our business and that should be very important to us.

Great is an over-used word. His actions of his last 2 years of ownership and the corollaries of them on the club render its usage utterly in appropriate in your post.
His behaviour since leaving is at best risible and at worst self centred, delusional revisionism of the worst kind.

Great? Nah. Overall very good for us? Yep.

Logicalman

This was/is a pol thread, can we use the main merged Brede thread for futher discussion - so we can keep it all in one place - thanks.

Main thread::::  Merged Brede Thread
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.