https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged threads x loads - Brede Hangeland

Started by Fullofham, June 03, 2014, 06:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fullofham

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/june/03/hangeland-departs

Tuesday 3 June 2014 18:00
Fulham Football Club has today announced that it has released Brede Hangeland.

The 32-year-old joined the Whites in January 2008 as Roy Hodgson's first signing and made an instant impact, helping the Club achieve Premier League survival in the season which became known as 'The Great Escape'.

Hangeland went on to make 272 appearances for Fulham, including turning out 16 times on our memorable run to the 2010 UEFA Europa League Final.

The Club would like to thank Brede for his six-and-a-half years of committed service and wishes him the very best in all of his future endeavours.

---

Best of luck Brede.

Jamie88

jms

We've released Brede ! Are we shocked or not ?

JBH

Thanks Brede you done us proud until last season when you were appaulling!

Sgt Fulham

Oh that hurts, but I guess its for the best. Thanks for the memories Brede, you will always be a Fulham favorite and were solid during our Europa run as well as being a great down to earth bloke off the pitch. Good luck wherever you go!

alexbishop

Um shocked that he has been released....doesn't he have time on his contract remaining or do you think there was a relegation break clause or something?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Macedo

Not surprising after the season he just had.

aaronmcguigan

Expected better from the club than a 6 line thank you

Apprentice to the Maestro

I wonder if Brede asked for it because of his back problems?

PeterFFC

Real shame.
Love the man, even though he's past his best. Would have liked him to stay, but hopefully this means we have a replacement lined up.

jeremyfulham

Gutted ! Brede you will always be a legend all the best for the future.

Berserker

Wow that's a bit of a shock. Where has he gone?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Craven Mad

Ouch... Not had a good season, but a real shame nonetheless.

Is that the last of the Hodgson gang to go?

Max Headroom

He was great for us, apart from last season, when to be honest he really wasn't that good.

But remember the good times. He will always be a Fulham Great!!!!

So the first choice centre back pairing at the moment is Burn and Amorebietta

aaronmcguigan

Hes disappeared off the player profiles, yet the likes of Duff, Sidwell, Etheridge et al are still there?

SimpleTactics

Who does everyone think the new captain will be? Im guessing Parker but perhaps not.

Macedo

Quote from: PeterFFC on June 03, 2014, 06:16:55 PM
Real shame.
Love the man, even though he's past his best. Would have liked him to stay, but hopefully this means we have a replacement lined up.

Rio Ferdinand. ..lol

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on June 03, 2014, 06:14:31 PM
Expected better from the club than a 6 line thank you

Maybe the news has leaked and they thought that they should put something up quickly. I imagine, as with Duff, that there will be a photo album up in the next couple of days.

filham

This is hard to believe, he was so good for so long and he really was a class defender.

Also it is surprising that Hughes and Hangeland, who performed so well as partners should eave within a season of each other.

I wonder where Hangeland will go, it would  hurt if he joined Hughes at the Bush.

grandad

Really sad about this. A fit Hangeland would still have been  a force for us. I will never forget this true legend. One of our all time greats.
Where there's a will there's a wife