watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Watford have the best goalkeeper

Started by Nick Bateman, June 05, 2014, 01:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Watford signing ex-Tottenham goalkeeper Heureleo Gomes will help them challenge Fulham for the league places as I believe he is by far the BEST goalie in the Championship.

I urged many on here that Fulham should have gone for him, as we have not replaced the loss of Mark Schwarzer.  Stekeleneburg has now been completely omitted (correctly) from the Dutch national team, again another I chastised on this forum who most seemed to have a "love affair" with before both managers dropped him instead of Stockdale.

Stockdale is improving and I cannot see why Hodgson did not include him with the England squad.  He's far better than Ruddy, who in my opinion, is no ruddy good!  And wasn't Hodgson a former Fulham boss??  No loyalty there it appears.

The search will continue, Stockdale will do an adequate job at this level, but Watford for me, have the advantage in this position.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

res

Can't see the point of signing Gomes. Stockdale deserves the No. 1 GK position, is just as good as Gomes, and can be supported by our younger GKs (Belliteni looks good and has a virtual season experience at Accrington, Jorenen has played U21 international football).

Admin

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 05, 2014, 01:47:28 PM
Watford signing ex-Tottenham goalkeeper Heureleo Gomes will help them challenge Fulham for the league places as I believe he is by far the BEST goalie in the Championship.

I urged many on here that Fulham should have gone for him, as we have not replaced the loss of Mark Schwarzer.  Stekeleneburg has now been completely omitted (correctly) from the Dutch national team, again another I chastised on this forum who most seemed to have a "love affair" with before both managers dropped him instead of Stockdale.

Stockdale is improving and I cannot see why Hodgson did not include him with the England squad.  He's far better than Ruddy, who in my opinion, is no ruddy good!  And wasn't Hodgson a former Fulham boss??  No loyalty there it appears.

The search will continue, Stockdale will do an adequate job at this level, but Watford for me, have the advantage in this position.

I'm sorry, but Gomez is likely to throw the ball in the back of the net in something like the play off final. No thanks, to much of a risk.

Craven Mad

You lambast Stek for being unreliable/poor but you praise Gomes who is far, far worse for making mistakes??

I actually think Norwich (with Ruddy) and Reading (with McCarthy) - along with us (with Stockers) - will have the best keepers in the League.

fulhamben

gomez the flop over stockdale who already has a championship promotion under his belt, no contest really
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

valdeingruo

He can be brilliant at times, but more reliable to make a key mistake. We have a keeper already experienced in promotion challenge in Stockdale.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: Admin on June 05, 2014, 02:27:31 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 05, 2014, 01:47:28 PM

I urged many on here that Fulham should have gone for him, as we have not replaced the loss of Mark Schwarzer.  Stekeleneburg has now been completely omitted (correctly) from the Dutch national team, again another I chastised on this forum who most seemed to have a "love affair" with before both managers dropped him instead of Stockdale.

Stockdale is improving and I cannot see why Hodgson did not include him with the England squad.  He's far better than Ruddy, who in my opinion, is no ruddy good!  And wasn't Hodgson a former Fulham boss??  No loyalty there it appears.

I'm sorry, but Gomez is likely to throw the ball in the back of the net in something like the play off final. No thanks, to much of a risk.

Haha! Literally was gonna write the same thing, he is good at times but absolutely awful at others. No ta.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

jmh

RidgeRider

Quote from: fulhamben on June 05, 2014, 02:49:48 PM
gomez the flop over stockdale who already has a championship promotion under his belt, no contest really

Have to agree. Stockdale has been through a promotion fairly recently. Very good point.

Fernhurst

Seriously Nick........ This bloke is better than Stockers?

http://youtu.be/bGaR1A-P6gY

Cue the clown music!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bucksfulham

Nick Bateman

We shall see won't we?!?  The proof shall be in the pudding and I can assure you Gomes is not a puddin'.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 05, 2014, 03:13:06 PM
Seriously Nick........ This bloke is better than Stockers?

http://youtu.be/bGaR1A-P6gY

Cue the clown music!

064.gif

This thread made me go and YouTube the same clip.

Great shotstopper..  Terrible at everything else.

Nick, Gomes will be lucky to get into the Watford first eleven if they still have Almunia.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I'm pretty sure Heskey scored against him.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Nick Bateman

Not making excuses for Gomes but he was annoyed Harry Rednapp played him with a "black eye" suffered from a previous game.  Rednapp joked, "He's ok. We'll go for a curry afterwards!"  So his 'howler' was a work-to-rule deliberate lapse of concentration, in my opinion.

Gomes' performance in Spurs' defeat of Arsenal at The Emirates was one of the finest seen in Premier League history!!

HillFace

I remember that howler against us! And he's one of those keepers thats due one every month!

Reminds me of Tony Warner. A try hard, but ultimately really dangerous and unreliable.
The above may be nonsense

SP

Quote from: HillFace on June 05, 2014, 07:13:25 PM
I remember that howler against us! And he's one of those keepers thats due one every month!

Reminds me of Tony Warner. A try hard, but ultimately really dangerous and unreliable.

Completely agree but he's bound to play a blinder against us.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

domprague

Thanks for that comedy moment. I was feeling a bit fed up but you made me laugh. Someone said you were serious so I had another laugh.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

FulhamStudent

Stockdale, Marshall, Ruddy, McCarthy, Robinson, Smithies all better, more consistent and, apart from Robinson, younger.