watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham linked with former QPR left back, Taye Taiwo

Started by Admin, June 06, 2014, 05:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Turkish press are this afternoon linking Fulham with a move for Buraspor left back, Taye Taiwo.

The pacy left back made his name at Marseille, making 192 appearances and scoring 17 goals over a 7 year period. In 2011 he moved to Milan making only 4 appearances in total. In 2012 he was loaned to QPR, making 15 appearances in the Premier League. Although QPR had an option to buy Taiwo, they didn't exercise it and he moved to Buraspor in 2013, making a total of 27 appearances last season, scoring 2 goals.

The Turkish reports state that he has a couple of suitors in England and a decision on his future will be made in the next couple of days.

Taiwo is extremely quick with a strong shot and strong experience but at 29, is he the sort of signing we need and the younger blood we've been crying out for?
- See more at: http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/news/taye-taiwo-linked-with-move-to-fulham-13-414.html#sthash.9SgHMmOG.dpuf

@jolslover

Would love him, great left back, got a rocket of a shot on him aswell
STH H3

Putney

He's absolutely terrible.

Has the awareness of a pub player.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: @jolslover on June 06, 2014, 05:56:56 PM
Quote from: Putney on June 06, 2014, 07:21:56 PM

Sounds like John Arne Riise Mk2.

jmh

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on June 06, 2014, 07:23:57 PM

Taiwo is very fast, so at least in that regard he's not like Riise.

something_amusing

I disagree. Think he is a decent left back. Louis saha was terrible at newcastle before he came to fulham

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

rusty shackleford

Wasnt everyone raging when he went to QPR sayin it was a great signing?

love4ffc

I don't know if he is terrible or not but he sure did frustrate Arjen Robben at one time. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHsQ3eqKEBw
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Admin

Blimey, the way people are talking, you'd think we was still in the Premiership. As a Championship acquisition, he'd be a good buy, but I expect him to go to a better Club.

Putney

Quote from: something_amusing on June 06, 2014, 07:44:38 PM

I disagree. Think he is a decent left back. Louis saha was terrible at newcastle before he came to fulham

Horses for courses, he's never impressed me.

Abbotsbury White

I'd say defo better than we got!which if your honest is sweet fa and not probably far of the mark of what will be required,
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

HatterDon

Quote from: Admin on June 06, 2014, 08:45:28 PM
Blimey, the way people are talking, you'd think we was still in the Premiership. As a Championship acquisition, he'd be a good buy, but I expect him to go to a better Club.

So, what's the new dismissive phrase for us: "He doesn't impress me; League One at best?" Yeah, that'll work.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

CincyFulham1

If we were still in the the Prem I would say pass, but in the championship I don't think I would be against it.  It's hard to judge his spell at Woodworm Scrubs FC since he was a loanee in a squad that was in complete disarray and was probably wondering what he had got himself into.

rusty shackleford

Quote from: HatterDon on June 06, 2014, 10:58:03 PM
Quote from: Admin on June 06, 2014, 08:45:28 PM

So, what's the new dismissive phrase for us: "He doesn't impress me; League One at best?" Yeah, that'll work.

Unproven in the championship

ron

Didn't he start out at Sheffield Wednesday....?         ....The Owls .....Taye Taiwo......??

:Get Coat gif:

God The Mechanic

Saha was also a decade younger almost.

If we're signing older players then they need to be experienced and beneficial to the younger players we have and should also be targeting.  We're not gonna sign the best of the best of the young talent available, but we need to be aiming for players who can make the step up to the PL if/when we get back there.  No point in just signing players who can do a job for there here and now, else we'll find ourselves in the same position we've been in for the last four years.  Only starting a division lower.

K33NY

Quote from: love4ffc on June 06, 2014, 08:40:45 PM
I don't know if he is terrible or not but he sure did frustrate Arjen Robben at one time. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHsQ3eqKEBw

I enjoyed that! Robben is a skilled, and I credit him for that but damn that was enjoyable to watch! :)

Bedford White

He'd be a good signing for us, it'd be a step in the right direction and an indication of the clubs intent which we're all desperately waiting for!

Tonywa

Quote from: jmh on June 06, 2014, 07:37:28 PM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on June 06, 2014, 07:23:57 PM

Taiwo is very fast, so at least in that regard he's not like Riise.

Isn't he like Uhlenbeek Mk.2?  Incredibly quick and good going forward but not too clever at defending.

something_amusing

Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 07, 2014, 12:24:35 AM

Saha was also a decade younger almost.

If we're signing older players then they need to be experienced and beneficial to the younger players we have and should also be targeting.  We're not gonna sign the best of the best of the young talent available, but we need to be aiming for players who can make the step up to the PL if/when we get back there.  No point in just signing players who can do a job for there here and now, else we'll find ourselves in the same position we've been in for the last four years.  Only starting a division lower.

I get your point. I just think he is a decent left back at his peak. Not like he is in his thirties and on a downward curve. 29 is the perfect age for defenders. Also how many times have fulham signed players in there late 20's who were terrible/average then came to fulham and had a great stint (duff from newc, sidwell from villa, hughes from villa, murphy spurs)