watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Americans are coming

Started by H4usuallysitting, June 06, 2014, 10:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

I wonder how long it takes for Mr Khan to start putting his own team in to start managing things - I've had a look at the Jacksonville Jaguars since 2012 and Mr Khan appears to have hired a new General Manager, Team Coach and Director of Football in 2013.......I think Mr Magath may have Mr Khan's ear so cannot see any change there but I would not be surprised to see a Director of Football (possibly with American origin and Fulham background such as Brian McBride, although I would love to see Jurgen Klinsmann in that role) and maybe just maybe Mr Mackintosh should be looking over his shoulder.

HatterDon

How many changes in the Jacksonville system were copied from Pakistani management style? I'm asking because their hierarchy style looks pretty consistent with the rest of the NFL. I can't understand why anyone would think he'd try an NFL based management system in the Football League. But folks on here think some strange things.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

love4ffc

I doubt McBride will come back as he is making good money with Fox Sports.
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

FortCollinsFulham

The Jaguars have made so many changes recently in large part due to the fact they have been one of the worst teams in (American) football for the better part of the last half decade.
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

Forever Fulham

I think appointing an American as Director of Football or some such title would be a huge mistake.  There's already a lot of sensitivity to having an American owner (albeit first generation Pakistani).  Why stir it up?  Rather than even think about nationality, they should focus solely on the quality of background of any candidate for such position.  The Championship is a punishing physical league.  Good people with experience in that league aren't hard to find.

fulhamben

Quote from: HatterDon on June 06, 2014, 11:04:29 PM
How many changes in the Jacksonville system were copied from Pakistani management style? I'm asking because their hierarchy style looks pretty consistent with the rest of the NFL. I can't understand why anyone would think he'd try an NFL based management system in the Football League. But folks on here think some strange things.

didnt some dick try that with chester fc one year.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

valdeingruo

If there had been a message board in 97 it would have been full of "he wants apartments and he'll sell us off" Now, the man is a legend. Lets let the new Chairman's actions rather than in actions speak for him. Yes this past season wasnt the best, however he kept the current staff in place, just as he did in Jacksonville. They did badly, as expected and he changed things up massively, and now there is huge amounts of optimisim for the Jags as they feel he has set them up for success. Football is very much alike the American sport in the way that it takes years to properly build a team that will challenge for titles. We all saw our ageing squad and knew it needed an overhaul. Relegation just changed the way we go about this. I doubt Khan would appoint an American, just because he wants an American at the club. We have Emmerson Hyndman for that.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Logicalman

Quote from: andersons11 on June 08, 2014, 01:54:57 PM
If there had been a message board in 97 it would have been full of "he wants apartments and he'll sell us off" Now, the man is a legend. Lets let the new Chairman's actions rather than in actions speak for him. Yes this past season wasnt the best, however he kept the current staff in place, just as he did in Jacksonville. They did badly, as expected and he changed things up massively, and now there is huge amounts of optimisim for the Jags as they feel he has set them up for success. Football is very much alike the American sport in the way that it takes years to properly build a team that will challenge for titles. We all saw our ageing squad and knew it needed an overhaul. Relegation just changed the way we go about this. I doubt Khan would appoint an American, just because he wants an American at the club. We have Emmerson Hyndman for that.

How long did it take for him to turn the Jags around?  Seriously, I have no knowledge of their history.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

valdeingruo

Quote from: Logicalman on June 08, 2014, 02:19:27 PM
If there had been a message board in 97 it would have been full of "he wants apartments and he'll sell us off" Now, the man is a legend. Lets let the new Chairman's actions rather than in actions speak for him. Yes this past season wasn't the best, however he kept the current staff in place, just as he did in Jacksonville. They did badly, as expected and he changed things up massively, and now there is huge amounts of optimism for the Jags as they feel he has set them up for success. Football is very much alike the American sport in the way that it takes years to properly build a team that will challenge for titles. We all saw our ageing squad and knew it needed an overhaul. Relegation just changed the way we go about this. I doubt Khan would appoint an American, just because he wants an American at the club. We have Emmerson Hyndman for that.

How long did it take for him to turn the Jags around?  Seriously, I have no knowledge of their history.

Dino, an occasional poster on FoF would know the better history. However, from what i have seen, since their beginning they weren't the greatest. Khan pretty much gave the existing set up a season to prove themselves(kind of like us) After that, they didn't do too well so he basically changed the organization from the ground up, his staff, coaches, players etc and while they didn't do too hot last year, I get the impression that there is genuine excitement for the coming season. Anyone going to the friendly in July vs DC should be able to get an idea of what Khans impact to their whole set up has been.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: andersons11 on June 08, 2014, 02:51:41 PM
If there had been a message board in 97 it would have been full of "he wants apartments and he'll sell us off" Now, the man is a legend. Lets let the new Chairman's actions rather than in actions speak for him. Yes this past season wasn't the best, however he kept the current staff in place, just as he did in Jacksonville. They did badly, as expected and he changed things up massively, and now there is huge amounts of optimism for the Jags as they feel he has set them up for success. Football is very much alike the American sport in the way that it takes years to properly build a team that will challenge for titles. We all saw our ageing squad and knew it needed an overhaul. Relegation just changed the way we go about this. I doubt Khan would appoint an American, just because he wants an American at the club. We have Emmerson Hyndman for that.

Dino, an occasional poster on FoF would know the better history. However, from what i have seen, since their beginning they weren't the greatest. Khan pretty much gave the existing set up a season to prove themselves(kind of like us) After that, they didn't do too well so he basically changed the organization from the ground up, his staff, coaches, players etc and while they didn't do too hot last year, I get the impression that there is genuine excitement for the coming season. Anyone going to the friendly in July vs DC should be able to get an idea of what Khans impact to their whole set up has been.

I thought they won 4 games last year which is more than the total of the last few years.   I think, it's not fact  !
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Whiteroom

Quote from: FortCollinsFulham on June 07, 2014, 07:11:08 AM
The Jaguars have made so many changes recently in large part due to the fact they have been one of the worst teams in (American) football for the better part of the last half decade.

That is a very grandiose way of saying around 3 years. It took a good proportion of the second half of the last hundredth of this century for me to write this post.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Khan appointed Mark Lamping from the Jacksonville Jaguars as his man on our Board of Directors.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/shahid-khan/directors

It is a little strange that the usual suspects on here haven't latched on to him as the source of all of our troubles as his tenure coincides with our demise.

bobby01

As far as I recall, Mr Khan said when he took over, "I give the management what they ask for and expect them to deliver what they promise". If this is the case then I am fine with that philophsy, it appears that is what he has done at Jacksonville.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Aaron

How long did it take for him to turn the Jags around?  Seriously, I have no knowledge of their history.

From what I gather Khan has done a very good job of improving infrastructure for the team and has put together a decent coaching staff.  This is about as much as an owner in the NFL can actually do.  You can't throw money into a club in the NFL and go buy the best players, it doesn't work that way.

In terms of results however, they haven't really turned it around yet.  They finished the last NFL season with the worst points difference (goal difference) of any team by a mile and had the second worst record in the whole league.  They got lucky in so much as the Houston Texans were also in their particular division (AFC South) who lost something ridiculous like the last 14 games of their season (and there are only 16 games in a season!) so they didn't finish bottom.

The NFL is strange though..  There's almost more incentive to finish last than there is to try and win it as the weaker teams get the best pick of the NCAA (college) prospects for the following season.  Jacksonville picked pretty well in the draft, I expect to see them do better this year.

In any event, you can't really compare an NFL team with a football team the whole structure of the league and how signing players works and all that jazz is very very different.  The gap between Manchester City and Burnley in terms of resources, ability to attract players or whatever incalcuably bigger than the gap between the Seahawks (who won the NFL last season) and Jacksonville (who finished second last).

Khan's still only really had the once chance to prove himself by throwing money at the problem and if the Mitroglou we'd signed had been the guy who was smashing them in for fun at Olympiacos instead of a guy nursing what may well turn out to be a career-ending injury, I think we'd still be in the Premier League and hailing him as something of a hero.

The chopping and changing of the management structure is still hard to explain though but you could potentially draw parallels between the triumverate of RM, RW and AC and the coaching/management structure of the NFL, maybe this was Khan's idea too?  Who knows?

Lighthouse

I enjoy the TV Series if that helps.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FortCollinsFulham

Quote from: Whiteroom on June 08, 2014, 03:18:27 PM
Quote from: FortCollinsFulham on June 07, 2014, 07:11:08 AM

That is a very grandiose way of saying around 3 years. It took a good proportion of the second half of the last hundredth of this century for me to write this post.

The phrase "last half decade" is grandiose?

(It's also 5 years, fun fact).

I will admit that certainly wasn't the best worded sentence I've ever written though haha.
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites