watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Vuvuzelas

Started by The Equalizer, June 11, 2010, 03:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

15 minutes in and I'm fed up with the bloody things already.

Sepp Blatter has a lot to answer for.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

White Noise

There's always one killjoy!! I'll bet you have a problem with those construction hats as well. People like you need to be shut in a room with clappers and rattles utilised by people in jesters hats until you start to appreciate what modern football is about. Some people!

The Equalizer

I spent all of last season standing next to some bloke with a drum.

My ears have had enough.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

GoldCoastWhite

Up yer arse, right up yer arse, we'll stick yer vuvus up yer arse
That awful noise should never pass
So stick yer vuvus up yer arse...

Lighthouse

I am having trouble not with the sound but the name. Everytime I hear it said it reminds me of Kenneth Williams in Round The Horne.

'OH HELLO MR 'ORNE, I'M JULIAN AND THIS IS MY FRIEND SANDY, AND WELCOME TO VUVUZELAS THE ONE STOP CROSS DRESSING SAILORS EMPORIUM.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

sipwell

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 11, 2010, 03:54:46 PM
I spent all of last season standing next to some bloke with a drum.

My ears have had enough.

Not all season, surely :P

The vuvuzela's are annoying indeed. Glad I am not in South Africa!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Mr Fulham

In Germany we call them Uwe Seeler. :beer:

blingo

Intensely annoying background noise for 90 minutes.  :dft007:

The Doctor

Quote from: blingo on June 12, 2010, 09:32:20 AM
Intensely annoying background noise for 90 minutes.  :dft007:

I think you're confusing vuvuzelas with commentary

tingtawng

agreed they are a nuisance ,they never stop and they must be annoying to the players and possibly affect their concentration. ear muffs are now required ,
IN SVEN VE TVUST

FatFreddysCat

Sounds like a load of mosquitos buzzing round you, oh it probably is out there.

White Noise

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/2010-world-cup-blog/reporters-diary/World-Cup-Diary-Dutch-coach-Bern-van-Marwijk-bans-vuvuzela-s-from-training-sessions-article460085.html

It's all Vu-much for the Dutch

By David McDonnell in Reporters' World Cup diary

Published 05:00 12/06/10

The vuvuzela trumpet, the instrument used to great effect by South Africans to create a deafening drone at games, has proved too much for Holland coach Bern van Marwijk, who has banned them from his country's training sessions.

Van Marwik said he could not hear himself speak when around 3,000 fans, armed with vuvuzelas, were allowed in to a Dutch open training session this week.

"It was annoying and I could not make myself audible," said Van Marwijk.

"Training has no use if I can't address my players. We don't know if there will be any more open training sessions but if we train with a crowd then it will be without the horns."

The Dutch begin their campaign against Denmark at Soccer City in Johannseburg on Monday. Van Marwijk would be wise to invest in some ear plugs.

FatFreddysCat

I've decided to import 1000 of them to sell at Craven Cottage  :59: .