more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (09/06/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 08, 2014, 05:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

HULL LINE UP MOVE FOR FULHAM FREE AGENT

Hull City are interested in picking up free agent Steve Sidwell, reports the Hull Daily Mail.

Sidwell has left Fulham after 3 and half years at Craven Cottage, but hasn't signed a new deal with the newly relegated club. Fulham will play in the Championship for the first time since the 2000/2001 season, where they won the then-called Division 1 title.

The former Chelsea and Reading player took to his Twitter profile to say goodbye to the fans:

"It saddens me to say the my time at Fulham has come to an end. I have enjoyed every moment in the 3 and half years I've spent here.

"I've been so proud every time I pulled the jersey on and I wore it with pride, gave 100% every time and will always look back with great memories of my time at Fulham Fc. I'd like to thank all the players, staff and managers for helping me along the way.

"But most of all i'd like to say thank you....all the fans who have been truly magnificent. From my 1st game to my last I've shared your passion. I will always have Fulham Fc In my heart. Thank you for a special time and I wish you every success. COYW"

Crystal Palace, QPR and Leicester City are all also reportedly interested in signing up the midfielder.

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/hull-city/hull-line-up-move-for-fulham-free-agent?

WhiteJC

A Better Option for Brede?

Shamefully released by Fulham Football Club as we seek to re-establish ourselves from a Championship launch pad, it remains to be seen where Brede Hangeland will end up.

The Norwegian centre-back who gave us six years of loyal service had been linked with the short trip down the road to Queens Park Rangers, however, this morning the name of a new suitor has emerged.

Speculation is doing the rounds that Mark Hughes, a manager who knows Brede well, is considering an approach that would see the 32 year-old end up at the Britannia Stadium playing or Stoke City.

In my biased opinion that would be far more acceptable than playing for that lot down at Loftus Road!

What`s your opinion?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=360710#ixzz3444fqSzG

WhiteJC

England's assistant manager Ray Lewington on crutches after surgery
• Knee problem before World Cup warm-up with Honduras
• 'It was really painful and couldn't have been worse timing'

The England assistant manager, Ray Lewington, left, woke up with a knee joint locked 24 hours
before the friendly with Honduras.
Photograph: Mike Egerton/PA

The England assistant manager, Ray Lewington, will begin the national team's World Cup on crutches after undergoing emergency knee surgery only 24 hours before the team's final friendly, the goalless draw against Honduras.

Lewington awoke on Friday morning in considerable discomfort and with the joint locked. The 57-year-old has suffered knee problems in the past and missed a large part of Crystal Palace's Premier League campaign in 1997 with a serious infection in the joint. He was in hospital for six weeks and had nine operations on the complaint, with medics fearing at one stage that he may have to have his leg amputated.

"It was really painful," said Lewington, who had assisted Roy Hodgson at Fulham and helped guide the side to the 2010 Europa League final. "I had to have an op to clear out some stuff around the knee. It couldn't have been worse timing but I will only be on crutches for two or three days."

The former midfielder played more than 400 senior games for Chelsea, Wimbledon, Vancouver Whitecaps, Fulham and Sheffield United before a coaching career that has taken him to Craven Cottage, Palace, Brentford and Watford, prior to linking up with Hodgson in the national set-up.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/08/england-assistant-manager-ray-lewington-surgery-world-cup-honduras

WhiteJC

Race for midfielder hots up

Southampton are the latest club to show an interest in former Fulham midfielder Steve Sidwell, according to the Daily Mail. Leicester City, Newcastle United, Stoke City, Crystal Palace, West Ham United, West Bromwich Albion, Hull City and Queens Park Rangers have all previously been linked with a move for the former Chelsea man this summer.

Sidwell is now available on a free agent following his release from Fulham. It is expected that he will be back in the Premier League next season and is not short of options with Southampton, Leicester City, Newcastle United, Stoke City, Crystal Palace, West Ham United, West Bromwich Albion, Hull City and Queens Park Rangers.

Previous reports have stated that Sidwell would prefer remaining in London putting Crystal Palace, West Ham United and Queens Park Rangers in pole position to capture the  former England youth international.

The 31 year old would offer much needed Premier League experience to the Leicester City midfield, however it would be quite a coup for the Foxes should Sidwell select to sign for the newly promoted side due to the amount of competition for his signature.

http://www.first4lcfc.co.uk/blog/race-for-midfielder-hots-up/?

Northern Cottager

The 'Monday Fulham Stuff' having 4 posts sums up how hard pressed we are for any activity! Whole club seems to be on holiday! :(

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Northern Cottager on June 09, 2014, 11:54:00 AM
The 'Monday Fulham Stuff' having 4 posts sums up how hard pressed we are for any activity! Whole club seems to be on holiday! :(

Most players are on holiday, both Fulham players and the players of other clubs.

There is very little business going on. Look at the BBC Transfer Deals web page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/transfers/. The deals are practically all lower league and free transfers.

Yes, Cardiff and Norwich have done some business early in the window. We did last year and that made all the difference didn't it!

MJG

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 09, 2014, 12:24:42 PM

Most players are on holiday, both Fulham players and the players of other clubs.

We only have two left?   :016:

cmg

Quote from: MJG on June 09, 2014, 02:55:05 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 09, 2014, 12:24:42 PM

We only have two left?   :016:

:005: That's Stockdale and......er, remind me now.

HatterDon

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 09, 2014, 04:50:34 AM

Race for midfielder hots up

Southampton are the latest club to show an interest in former Fulham midfielder Steve Sidwell, according to the Daily Mail. Leicester City, Newcastle United, Stoke City, Crystal Palace, West Ham United, West Bromwich Albion, Hull City and Queens Park Rangers have all previously been linked with a move for the former Chelsea man this summer.

Sidwell is now available on a free agent following his release from Fulham. It is expected that he will be back in the Premier League next season and is not short of options with Southampton, Leicester City, Newcastle United, Stoke City, Crystal Palace, West Ham United, West Bromwich Albion, Hull City and Queens Park Rangers.

Previous reports have stated that Sidwell would prefer remaining in London putting Crystal Palace, West Ham United and Queens Park Rangers in pole position to capture the  former England youth international.

The 31 year old would offer much needed Premier League experience to the Leicester City midfield, however it would be quite a coup for the Foxes should Sidwell select to sign for the newly promoted side due to the amount of competition for his signature.

http://www.first4lcfc.co.uk/blog/race-for-midfielder-hots-up/?

Seems like the only folks who don't rate Sidwell are the 3 dozen or so folks who slate him on here constantly.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 08, 2014, 05:11:21 PM

A Better Option for Brede?

Shamefully released by Fulham Football Club as we seek to re-establish ourselves from a Championship launch pad, it remains to be seen where Brede Hangeland will end up.

The Norwegian centre-back who gave us six years of loyal service had been linked with the short trip down the road to Queens Park Rangers, however, this morning the name of a new suitor has emerged.

Speculation is doing the rounds that Mark Hughes, a manager who knows Brede well, is considering an approach that would see the 32 year-old end up at the Britannia Stadium playing or Stoke City.

In my biased opinion that would be far more acceptable than playing for that lot down at Loftus Road!

What`s your opinion?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=360710#ixzz3444fqSzG

Why "shamefully released" ????