watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham have bid 5m for Ross McCormack - Rejected

Started by Sammyffc, June 13, 2014, 06:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

A 28 year old that has played 289 games and scored 106 goals? Not bad.

What about a 26 year old that has played 173 games and scored 80 goals, including 15 Champions league goals, which included a Champions league hat trick + 30 International appearances and 8 goals and a guy that plays in the world cup today?

I know who I'd choose

itombomb

He doesn't need to be Prem standard. If he's 5 mill, scores you 20ish goals and we go up he is more than worth his investment.

Then with his ability to play wide we can be a squad player on promotion, or you can sell him for a similar fee to another team that wants to use him to get up.

itombomb

Quote from: BedsFFC on June 14, 2014, 10:50:36 AM
A 28 year old that has played 289 games and scored 106 goals? Not bad.

What about a 26 year old that has played 173 games and scored 80 goals, including 15 Champions league goals, which included a Champions league hat trick + 30 International appearances and 8 goals and a guy that plays in the world cup today?

I know who I'd choose
No chance Mitroglou is playing for us next year. He either goes on loan or we sell.

Riversider

Here's one other thing for you all to consider, as well as being a prolific goal scorer, Ross McCormack last season was Captain of Leeds United, the one thing we didn't have all season was leaders !
We are going to need at least 3 or 4 strong minded leaders on the field next season, with a different mentality to the weak minded rabble that got us relegated .

Lighthouse

Loads of clubs are in for him and the latest is that 7 million is the price tag to get him out of Leeds.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

the nutflush

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on June 14, 2014, 09:07:24 AM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on June 13, 2014, 10:38:03 PM
Fluke season, and we'll be the suckers that pay Leeds off for him. Paying 5m for a 28yo Scottish striker who's not Prem caliber is terrible.

29 fluke goals last season.  Whos going to score 29 goals for us in our current list?

the nutflush

29 fluke goals last season.  Whos going to score 29 goals for us in our current list?

Baszab

Obviously...............................Mitro the dynamic Greek - let's see how good he is tonight !!

ron

With the competence of our management team, we've probably bid for Ross McWhirter..........

Bryanthebroom

No way we're keeping Mitro, but if he has an amazing world cup we may get quite a bit of coin for him.

Fulham76

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on June 14, 2014, 12:50:51 PM
No way we're keeping Mitro, but if he has an amazing world cup we may get quite a bit of coin for him.

Him having a great World Cup is probably the best thing that could happen. It's been a terrible transfer for us but if he plays well in this tournament then maybe we can come out of it without losing too much.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: the nutflush on June 14, 2014, 12:29:33 PM
29 fluke goals last season.  Whos going to score 29 goals for us in our current list?

No one, but what does that have to do with having to spend probably 6-7m on a 28yo coming off a fluke season? Typical buy from a club that can't find proper players.

Nero

love this board people moan we arent mentioned with anone whislt other team are signing player then when we are linked with one of the top goal scorers in the league last season he isnt good enough for some.

Lighthouse

At least some of us the good sense to only moan about a signing once we have actually signed him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

EJL

Haha, the people complaining about McCormack not being "Premier League standard". Guess what, guys? We're not in the PL anymore. Better still, we don't have anyone in our current squad capable of scoring 20+ goals.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: EJL on June 14, 2014, 01:23:51 PM
Haha, the people complaining about McCormack not being "Premier League standard". Guess what, guys? We're not in the PL anymore. Better still, we don't have anyone in our current squad capable of scoring 20+ goals.

Give me 6m pounds and I'll find you dozens of strikers better than McCormack who would play for us.

Admin

Quote from: Denver Fulham on June 14, 2014, 02:14:06 PM

Give me 6m pounds and I'll find you dozens of strikers better than McCormack who would play for us.

Please list those strikers, for 6m pounds, who you think would have the work rate, goal scoring attributes, that would play for Fulham and deliver 20+ goals in a season to help us get promoted. I'm very intrigued.

MJG

Quote from: Admin on June 14, 2014, 02:19:26 PM

Please list those strikers, for 6m pounds, who you think would have the work rate, goal scoring attributes, that would play for Fulham and deliver 20+ goals in a season to help us get promoted. I'm very intrigued.
this could be interesting

Admin

Quote from: MJG on June 14, 2014, 02:26:15 PM

this could be interesting

For a start lets chalk off Rhodes, I know for a fact he's holding out for a Prem team and will cost 10 million +, Troy Deeney, the same, is looking for a Prem move, Ings won't drop down a division, Grabbon, or what ever his name is, has gone to Norwich.

Twig

It will be a short list.