watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WCF: Group D: Costa Rica-England-Italy-Uruguay

Started by Moderati, June 14, 2014, 04:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

costarican white

Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: KCat on June 20, 2014, 05:56:49 PM
His name is :

Bryan Jafet Ruiz González ( perhaps there are a lot of Ruiz' in Costa so it's  RuizB )

How much dose a world cup goal add to the value of a player ???

I'd say that goal will add about £1m to his value. Which I'd imagine now stands at around £7m
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Walsh

Quote from: VamosFFC on June 20, 2014, 05:50:15 PM
I have a feeling Ruiz will be a wanted man after the World Cup.

I hope not, I want him back at the Cottage.

Fulham76

Quote from: gezkc on June 20, 2014, 05:49:46 PM
...may have just knocked England out of the World Cup.  :031:

Also, does anyone know why he has his name as Ruiz B on his Costa Rica shirt, but insisted on Bryan for his Fulham shirt? I remember a story about his poor relationship with his estranged father and not wanting to wear his surname on his shirt, but why's he wearing it on the biggest stage in the world then?
Do FIFA have stricter rules than the Premier League for shirt names?

I think England put themselves out due to being rather crap!

alexbishop

the problem wasn't bryan, the problem was fulham...
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Rhys Lightning 63

Remember the 2002 World Cup, when that South Korean player got his contract terminated by his Italian club. Wonder if we can do that with Ruiz?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Riverside

Quote from: alexbishop on June 20, 2014, 06:36:04 PM

agreed
play him at 10
without Berba
and look what you get

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

gezkc

Quote from: Fulham76 on June 20, 2014, 06:19:01 PM
Quote from: gezkc on June 20, 2014, 05:49:46 PM
...may have just knocked England out of the World Cup.  :031:

Also, does anyone know why he has his name as Ruiz B on his Costa Rica shirt, but insisted on Bryan for his Fulham shirt? I remember a story about his poor relationship with his estranged father and not wanting to wear his surname on his shirt, but why's he wearing it on the biggest stage in the world then?
Do FIFA have stricter rules than the Premier League for shirt names?

I think England put themselves out due to being rather crap!

Very true, but he's put the final nail in the coffin.

YankeeJim

Quote from: MrProphet on June 20, 2014, 06:41:36 PM

Really so Fulham made a 6ft man get sneezed off the ball and want 10 minutes to make a decision????

Didn't matter where he played he is only good enough for a second rate league where there is no pressure on the ball and he isn't expected to move

Hold on, I'll call Italy and tell them that they are a second rate team since Bryan has had some success against them.
"
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Humbled

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 20, 2014, 05:52:25 PM
Quote from: Humbled on June 20, 2014, 05:47:13 PM
Ruiz is a diff player for Costa Rica.

Which is what we yanks have always said. He is a quality player but like everyone needs to be used correctly.

Defo had ability - for me he didn't suit the premier league. He requires time and space on the ball to play well constantly. He would only get that at a few clubs in England.

It is funny tho. Everyone constantly says our league has such a high tempo yet our national side couldn't play slower if they tried.

blingo

And that game just showed that if you WANT it and have PRIDE in playing for your country, that you can achieve more than you thought possible.

costarican white

I LOVE YOU COSTA RICA!!!!
I LOVE YOU BRYAN!
I LOVE YOU FULHAM!
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

KP_FFC

bryan was fantasic

lots of people said he failed with us which is wrong, he just lacked consistency and strength

hope we keep him and play him in that number 10 role as we're lacking players in that position.

Lighthouse

Endure Ruiz? Really a man who dictates the game against an Italian side that outplayed England. Suddenly we see what a brilliant player played in the right position could have done with Fulham. But instead we had a manager we had to endure who was a complete idiot when it came to tactics. Ruiz was and is a good player. But ask him to track back and play in a side with no pace and is it really Ruiz being at fault?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Khan You Dig It

Sorry if this rubs people the wrong way, but that's what you get for constantly dissing CONCACAF all those years.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: MrProphet on June 20, 2014, 06:41:36 PM

Really so Fulham made a 6ft man get sneezed off the ball and want 10 minutes to make a decision????

Didn't matter where he played he is only good enough for a second rate league where there is no pressure on the ball and he isn't expected to move

For F*Sake  Bryan is STILL  a Fulham player and he has scored for his little country in the World Cup
and there is no doubt that he is a stylish player.......be happy for him. 

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: costarican white on June 20, 2014, 07:00:45 PM
I LOVE YOU COSTA RICA!!!!
I LOVE YOU BRYAN!
I LOVE YOU FULHAM!

I am so pleased for you Sir getting to the last 16   :54:
Noe here to the last 8   :wine:

FortCollinsFulham

Quote from: Khan You Dig It on June 20, 2014, 07:04:21 PM
Sorry if this rubs people the wrong way, but that's what you get for constantly dissing CONCACAF all those years.

But...but...the US only qualifies because they have a weak qualifying group!!!
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

Lighthouse

Quote from: MrProphet on June 20, 2014, 07:04:11 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on June 20, 2014, 07:03:19 PM
Endure Ruiz? Really a man who dictates the game against an Italian side that outplayed England. Suddenly we see what a brilliant player played in the right position could have done with Fulham. But instead we had a manager we had to endure who was a complete idiot when it came to tactics. Ruiz was and is a good player. But ask him to track back and play in a side with no pace and is it really Ruiz being at fault?

He hardly dictated the game against Italy

Asking a professional footballer to make quick decisions shield the ball, and challenge a man 5 yards away is obviously to much isn't it?

Get a grip he was awful for us

Get a grip? You see a World Cup game that shows a Fulham player do so well against a side that  outplayed England. Yet you still maintain that Ruiz is awful and not the way we used him. I think we will just agree to disagree. The fact that Ruiz will play for a better team in a better league than Fulham will be in. But Ruiz is a bad player not Fulham poorly using him? Yeah right.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope