watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New kit first look

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, June 19, 2014, 10:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

i sit not just how they have made the red look in the photos? i.e. faded it a little to make it suit an older photo?

are they saying we are playing in an historic kit of sorts something similar to what we had 70 years or so ago?
Every day is a Fulham day

Admin

Jambo

Quote from: Admin on June 19, 2014, 12:15:27 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on June 19, 2014, 12:10:51 PM
It would appear these are the shorts and socks

The socks look red

Red and Orange....... Just show the KIT!!!!!!!!!!!
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Airfix

Quote from: KP_FFC on June 19, 2014, 11:36:55 AM
looks like its our 1985-87 kit

source: http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Fulham/Fulham.htm

I'd say more like 84-85 (yeah, I know, same kit, different sponsor), which would make sense... 30 years on...

SouthfieldWhite

I believe we had a light blue shirt to start with, ( anyone remember the 125 year anniversary) and then went to red and white.

When one of the blokes who was running Fulham decided to go and start some team called Arsenal, he wanted the red colour so Fulham ditched the red and played in the white.

None of this really has a baring on the new kit and I doubt very much we will have red and orange in it, just the club playing games with you I might guess

FPT

Firstly, who cares what we're wearing...?

Secondly, we've barely seen it.

Also, it's made by Adidas, stripes are sort of their thing. We had red stripes on this years home shorts.

It wouldn't surprise me if it looked pretty much like this Spain kit but obviously Fulham colours: http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Spain2014HomeKit.jpg

MJG

Well fans care. Just ask Cardiff

twang

FPT

Quote from: MJG on June 19, 2014, 12:34:55 PM

It's not going to be orange.

I will be as pissed off as anybody if our home kit isn't white, but there's nothing that says to be that it won't be.

The socks usually match the shirt in football so it won't surprise me if it's white with red/orange trimming.

Orange shirt, black shorts with orange trimming and white socks with red trimming, that sounds like nothing ever.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: twang on June 19, 2014, 12:40:05 PM

+1.

Slightly different though, we are not changing our club colours completely, and when I went to Cardiff, I still saw plenty of red home shirts on fans, so some of them don't care

AllyWhite

It'll probably look like this. Might not have the same colours on the same places, but very likely this template.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: cmg on June 19, 2014, 12:07:46 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 19, 2014, 11:31:08 AM
Apparently Fulham St Andrews played in a red and white striped kit,  great so we`re wearing a Brentford kit next season

I can't find any immediate evidence that we ever played in red and white stripes, although things were not firmly established in those bygone days.

Red and white quarters, red and white halves, dark blue/light blue halves, black and white stripes (before Newcastle and Notts Co.) and red and white 'Arsenal' style (well before they went into bright red with white sleeves, so really their shirts should be 'Fulham' style) but no Brentfordesque stuff in our past - and they only got into red and white stripes in the 1920s.

According to wiki and a photo of Fulham St Andrews from 1879 we played in red and white stripes and red and white halves, didnt switch to white until 1903.  The new kit has what looks like shadow stripes, very fashionable on the mid 80s shirts around the country

Mitch

It's like a really rubbish #TBT.

'Ah, remember the good old days when we played in orange?'.... the last season?

The stripes are OK if it's white on white, I'll quite like that. I thought the orange was just the red going through some Insta filter, but it does look a little odd. Can't wait for the spiel on this one! Just show me the kit!

cmg

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 19, 2014, 01:07:58 PM

According to wiki and a photo of Fulham St Andrews from 1879 we played in red and white stripes and red and white halves, didnt switch to white until 1903.  The new kit has what looks like shadow stripes, very fashionable on the mid 80s shirts around the country

It's not that important, but like to get these things straight. I can't see any reference to red and white stripes. The photo (and text) is evidence of red and white halves. The red and white mentioned for 1900 was the 'Arsenal' style.

Sorry if I'm being either thick or unobservant (or both).

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: cmg on June 19, 2014, 01:46:11 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 19, 2014, 01:07:58 PM

The photo i`m looking at , from the club website shows us wearing what looks like red stripes?, look too light for purple

It's not that important, but like to get these things straight. I can't see any reference to red and white stripes. The photo (and text) is evidence of red and white halves. The red and white mentioned for 1900 was the 'Arsenal' style.

Sorry if I'm being either thick or unobservant (or both).

FPT

Also, our third kit is red... What sense is it to then have a heavily Orange kit?

ByTheRiver

Quote from: AllyWhite on June 19, 2014, 12:49:45 PM
It'll probably look like this. Might not have the same colours on the same places, but very likely this template.

I quite like that!

MJG

Quote from: FPT on June 19, 2014, 12:40:52 PM

It's not going to be orange.

I will be as pissed off as anybody if our home kit isn't white, but there's nothing that says to be that it won't be.

The socks usually match the shirt in football so it won't surprise me if it's white with red/orange trimming.

Orange shirt, black shorts with orange trimming and white socks with red trimming, that sounds like nothing ever.
so you do care what we would be wearing?

KP_FFC

Quote from: ByTheRiver on June 19, 2014, 02:14:28 PM
Quote from: AllyWhite on June 19, 2014, 12:49:45 PM

I quite like that!

me too

cmg

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 19, 2014, 01:59:36 PM

The photo i`m looking at , from the club website shows us wearing what looks like red stripes?, look too light for purple

The only picture I can find on the Club site is on the page headed 'Early Days'. Which, for reasons known only to the editors, shows the teams for a practice match pre-1947-8 season. One team is wearing stripes (or hoops I would say!) of an unknown colour (possibly red!). Is there another one?