more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Is Redknapp just making it up

Started by Nero, June 23, 2014, 08:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27962633

Is Redknapp just making it up, every international 2-3 England players came to him not wanting to play, Have Spurs had that many English Squad players in the time he was there. Who have they had Defoe, Crouch, Lennon, Bent, Bentley, Huddlestone, Parker

I think it maybe  him trying to stab Roy in the back by saying hey FA I'm a truly proud Englishman I told them to play for England, get rid of Roy and let me have a go and get me out of the dross hole of QPR.

What are your thoughts.

RaySmith

He doesn't give any context - who were they? was it a friendly? did they have genuine reasons for not wanting to play? when was it?

Agree - this is Redknapp bitter because he didn't get the job.

Fulham76

I wouldn't trust anything that comes out of his mouth. As dodgy as they come.

Nero

The bit that me laugh was
"And it's only going to get worse. They see the stick that the England players get. They're earning fantastic money at their clubs, they're all playing in the Champions League and they think: 'Do we need that aggro?'"

How many times did he get Spurs into the Champions League makes it sound like he did it every year was it just the once

bog

He has either still got the right arse at not becoming England manager or his claims are true. If they are then name names or shut up. If he is correct one of the names I think could be....David Bentley.

092.gif

Fernhurst

Yep...... Be a big boy Arry, tell us who they were or shut up
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Oakeshott

At least Roy manages England with dignity and no suspicion of anything dodgy. Redknapp comes with baggage and who knows what may yet come out, plus he has no managerial track record that suggests he is in any way a better manager than Roy. Roy v Redknapp is surely a no-brainer.

OldBrownShoe

Not entirely off message we shouldn't forget those many England games when players have been withdrawn by their (usually big) clubs on the basis of supposed injury only for us to notice they are playing for their club the following weekend!
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Craven Mad

He's just stirring.. Trying to let everyone know how well he knows English players, how passionate he is about the national game, and that no one else is doing a good enough job.

Sour grapes about losing out to Roy in the last selection-round.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

HIS NEPHEW .......................is in the England camp

General

It can't be too hard to find out who he's talking about - he was only at Tottenham for four years and they haven't got bucket loads of English players..

Jermaine Defoe, maybe Jermaine Jenas, Aaron Lennon, Michael Dawson etc

Jermaine Defoe was irritated to be left out of this world cup's squad despite playing in the MLS.. Jermaine Jenas and Michael Dawson have hardly been capped in their entire careers... Aaron Lennon? Well - he had the potential and did well for us but still, he's been replaced and has never really been missed.

Anyone know of any others?

There needs to be more emphasis on playing for England and it meaning something worthwhile... I suppose the issues are the press scrutiny and the fact that we never seem to have a consistenly good enough squad to think we'd challenge - we never do.

Baszab

General

and Peter Crouch apparently, oh and Scott Parker... Let's be honest, very few of these players that have been mentioned so far have ever offered that much to England. Crouch was good but drifted off after he left Liverpool... Bent, well we all know what happened to him once he went to Villa.. Parker...

I mean I'd be surprised if any of these players got over 10/15 proper caps in their entire careers... and it's probably because of their shoddy professional attitudes or general ability to not be able to play international football or whatever.

It's like crying over spilt milk.

The Bronsons

Every time Redknapp opens his big fat self-centred gob, he just demonstrates why Roy got the job and he didn't. IMHO.

Lighthouse

This reminds me of a manager called Barry Bluesleep.

The players came to me at the club at said, Boss, they called me 'Boss' cause I was the boss. They said ' Boss,' We don't make much money playing for our Country, wherever that is, and they want us to play when its time for us to go holiday and have affairs. Can you take this wedge of money and get us out of it.

I says to them, I have been given no back hander by the County and the  set up and I could have plenty in brown bad payments had I been given the job. But be proud lads. You are rubbish but if you play well your fees will be even more inflated and you can re negotiate your contract. Play badly and you blame the manager. Worth every penny lads. Go play for the Country of your choice. So they did and were.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Luka

Neil Warnock on talk sport this morning implied it was quite a common occurrence.
In fact he also said that for friendlies that incurred a very long journey he had offered to tell the countries involved that a player had a minor injury if they wanted ( apparently made that offer to Helgusen so he would not have to have suffer a long flight for a friendly!!).

God The Mechanic

If you pull out of an international game with fake or exaggerated injuries then it should be seen as in effect forfeiting your claim to a place in future squads.  If there is legitimate cause for withdrawal then both club and national team doctors should have to sign it off.

Willard

Apparently Gerrard has challenged 'Arry Boy to name the players concerned. Interesting to see if Redknapp responds.

Redknapp has previous on imaginary conversations though.

When Redknapp thought he was a shoe-in for the England job he claimed that he, 'Arry, was the manager the players wanted. He said that Gerrard had phoned him to that effect. Gerrard, when asked, however, said he didn't know Rednapp, didn't have his phone number and had never spoken to him about it.

This is Redknapp stirring things.

fulhamben

Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 23, 2014, 12:21:23 PM
If you pull out of an international game with fake or exaggerated injuries then it should be seen as in effect forfeiting your claim to a place in future squads.  If there is legitimate cause for withdrawal then both club and national team doctors should have to sign it off.
but isn't this part of the problem. some injuries can not be proved. how about, you travel with the squad whether you are injured or not. should imagine most players little niggles will disappear if they have the long flight regardless
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

you can just pull out injured, under UEFA and FIFA rules any player named in a squad and then ruled injured has to have that injury confirmed by the national associations own medical team. Not sure how many associations enforce this but that is the rule
Every day is a Fulham day