more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

OFFICIAL - Taggart Joins - Merged

Started by Lighthouse, June 24, 2014, 10:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: General on June 24, 2014, 11:04:34 AM
Am I the only one underwhelmed by this signing - yes it's great he's young, but he's not proven - we seem to be fooling ourselves that the Championship will be fine for these players when it's actually a very physically demanding league with a lot of able players and teams.

Let's not kid ourselves he looked an average player, although granted he is young at the world cup and as a striker not making too much of an impression isn't ideal. Obviously give him a chance, but a new league and new country - we NEED and must have more proven strikers. I think Woodrow should be fine, Dembele clearly has the potential but didn't set the world alight when he played for us.

To go into the championship season without a striker who can guarantee goals worries me. and I think legitimately so.
:plus one:
I am not inspired after what I saw last night, but when he pull son the shirt he will get 100% support form me
Every day is a Fulham day

General

Oh god, just watched the video - there's no explosive power in his shot, one of his goals he was given the chance to touch the ball 5 times before shooting in a one on one against a defender.. he won't be given that amount of time or space in the Championship. He will have to improve a lot.

Legate21

Some really nice finishes in there, and plenty of desire to get his body in the way in the box and get on the end of things. Yes we need a proven championship striker but this lad definitely looks a good option.

The Old Count

Craven Mad

Towards the criticism levied at Taggart (or maybe scepticism is a better word).

Remember that Youtube videos won't show any of his ability to holdup the ball or link play - just goals scored in a specific system (which seemed to be lone-man, no wingers). Also, he may not have looked too bright against Spain or Netherlands, but they were the finalists at the last WC, so don't write him off for that. God, even Rooney/Sturridge were pretty quiet against lesser quality teams in Italy and Uruguay - does that mean they wouldn't be good in the Championship too?

I understand he's not a big name, nor proven in a "proper" league yet, but he's young, had a great goals-to-minutes ratio last year (around a goal every 135 mins), and isn't costing a lot. Thus far, not much to complain about IMO.

Plus, I doubt he's being brought in to start next year. I think he'll be a rotation option/competing for a spot.

If the rumours of a bid for McCormack are true, I'd expect us to bring in a recognised name before the season begins.

MrProphet

Good luck to the lad I refuse to take to much from a half at the world cup in which he had absolutely no service. If we took that alone then the Spanish team are full of pub players and some would have us believe that Ruiz is the next Messi.

For the minimal money (below a million being reported) then this is exactly the reason we have a scouting network in the first place. He won't be our only striker in I'm sure of that. the club and Felix will know that at this level you need a proven goalscorer

Lighthouse

I doubt Taggart will be a first choice if Fulham are serious about trying for promotion. But he will be a useful squad player we hope.

Welcome and good luck
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

Seems to get in the right places for some neat finishing. As long as he gets proper service he should score lots. He is not a hold up player , more a goal poacher. Something we have lacked for a long time.
Where there's a will there's a wife

St Eve

We still don't have a proven goal scorer

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 24, 2014, 10:14:21 AM
Here's his goals from last year, if anyone's interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ6K3KdqnWI

Thanks Craven.
Some varied goals here. He looks hungry too.
Cant be worse than we've had.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Northern Cottager

Quote from: General on June 24, 2014, 11:09:37 AM
Oh god, just watched the video - there's no explosive power in his shot, one of his goals he was given the chance to touch the ball 5 times before shooting in a one on one against a defender.. he won't be given that amount of time or space in the Championship. He will have to improve a lot.

You're kidding aren't you???!?!? Given chance to take touches?!?!

I saw Neymar last night, he took ample touches before slotting past a poor Cameroon goalkeeper...would we turn him down? Who says he wont take the same chances in the Championship?

rusty shackleford

Lets all make our minds up on a player none of us had heard of a week ago by watching a 3 minute youtube video

RaySmith

Welcome to him- I look forward to seeing him in a Fulham shirt.

Mhbruce

I might not be the first to think of this but a new chant, the same as dejagahs song but with taggart is Australian

valdeingruo

We could sign a player for 1 pound and the fee would still be undisclosed.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

FortCollinsFulham

Quote from: rusty shackleford on June 24, 2014, 01:26:08 PM
Lets all make our minds up on a player none of us had heard of a week ago by watching a 3 minute youtube video

+1
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

HatterDon

Quote from: FortCollinsFulham on June 24, 2014, 08:43:56 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on June 24, 2014, 01:26:08 PM

+1

That's better than getting excited about a 30+ player who -- two or three seasons ago did well in a European league and/or kicked Messi in the chest.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Denver Fulham

He has the same goal celebration hand gesture as Mitroglou. We're screwed.

Nero

Quote from: Denver Fulham on June 25, 2014, 05:08:03 AM
He has the same goal celebration hand gesture as Mitroglou. We're screwed.

Let hope he doesn't have the same knees

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Welcome Mr Taggart
Felix must like the sweatties ( even plastic ones )