watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I think Fernando might be staying

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, June 24, 2014, 01:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

Problem I have is that I'd prefer Burn at LCB, and don't think Amore can play RCB. I also think he's too slow to be an LB. So nowhere for him.

Unless Felix wants to keep a 3 CB formation I can't find a starting position for him.

Agree though, he could be good in the Championship (just not as good as Dan).

PaulJ123

I thought he was a lot better at LB than at CB

Gary

hope he doesnt stack up any more red cards...it really bothers me!

JackyFulham90

Hutchinson & Amorebieta would be a good pair at Centre back with Burn pushing Amo & Donnelly pushing Hutchinson

Mokes

I'm sorry, I'm all for positivity and all that but Amorebietta was the worst defender in the league last year besides maybe Philipe Senderos. Before Burn came in and Hangeland came back from injury the Phil and Fernando comedy act was nothing short of embarrassing. He was a total liability and the stick he got on here all season was fully deserved. He couldn't even cope against league 1 Sheffield, let alone PL teams. What is there to say he would be good in the championship? He has little to no timing so every time a player ran at him we had to close our eyes and pray we would not concede a penalty or a red card. He was less of a liability when we went to left back and I even remember him having a good game, once, but surely given the fact we are having a clear out anyway he should have been one of the first out the door. A fan favourite? Surely not.  I can see someone like Burn becoming a fan favourite. Even possibly just Maybe Hugo if he has a good season in the championship as he tries his heart out every minute he plays, but not Fernando. If we're building a new team we might as well do it properly.

ron

Quote from: General on June 24, 2014, 04:02:43 PM
warming to him more already.

Give it time..he'll be found wanting again soon.