more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I think Fernando might be staying

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, June 24, 2014, 01:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Just posted this on his Twitter

Ya en Londres. Pasando el último día de vacaciones entrenando por mi cuenta en Motspur Park. Come on @FulhamFC - Already in London. Through the last day of vacation training on my own at Motspur Park. Come on @FulhamFC

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

RaySmith

TheManOnTheBus

Likewise. Good player.  Training on his own though. that can't be fun.

tslyon

Glad to hear it.   Did we get a sneak peek at the new home kit?  And some of the training gear?

Cheers,

Steve

Airfix

Quote from: tslyon on June 24, 2014, 01:46:22 PM
Glad to hear it.   Did we get a sneak peek at the new home kit?  And some of the training gear?

Cheers,

Steve

He's wearing his national training top - that's the Venezuelan badge on it.

rusty shackleford

Look at where the nameplates have been ripped off the other lockers lol

I wonder if a name will ever grace those again

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ToodlesMcToot

He was looking like a capable PL defender toward the end of the season. It's good for us that he looks to be staying. Happy to see it.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

callumc513

Got too far too much stick on here throughout last season, he had some trouble with the top players (but they won't be in the champ.)

SimpleTactics

Starting to like the guy at Fulham. He was constantly improving other than a couple of blips which hopefully he will rectify. but he seems to boost the team spirit and has been praising all the Fulham players in the World Cup on twitter which is nice to see.

Tonywa

If I had a choice, he, Heitinga, Sidwell, Richardson and Dejagah would have been the regular members of last year's team that I would like to have stayed.  Ruiz too, but I didn't think that was realistic.

Tonywa

Also Fernando, should he stay, won't have the failings of Hangeland and Senderos to cover up for.

MrProphet

Good to hear thought he played very well as a left back towards the end of the season just needs to work on his positioning at crosses and being aware of the man behind

Twig

Quote from: Tonywa on June 24, 2014, 03:15:47 PM
If I had a choice, he, Heitinga, Sidwell, Richardson and Dejagah would have been the regular members of last year's team that I would like to have stayed.  Ruiz too, but I didn't think that was realistic.

My view exactly.

HatterDon

a bit troubling to see Stekelenberg's name there
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

General

you know what, he strikes me as a player who could end up being a fan favourite - you always hear of players who stayed, proved their worth and value, stuck with the club and then went back into the premiership and proved themselves to be more than competent. We need someone to take up that mantle for us at the club and he seems like a likeable person even if he did have some dodgy performances.

I hope he does stay and I'd love him to become a fan favourite and do us and himself proud whilst at Fulham.

Good on him for being the first back - warming to him more already.

Big Martin Jol

Quote from: HatterDon on June 24, 2014, 03:27:19 PM
a bit troubling to see Stekelenberg's name there

He's still with the club - and if we're going to get rid of him (which I think is something both parties are leaning towards) then we want to get at least some money back on our investment.

Good to see Fernando putting in the work, well done to him.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Scrumpy

He does seem like a decent bloke, but I'm far from convinced that he is Premiership standard. But if he keeps his discipline in check, then he could do well at Championship level.

He got married over the summer so that may help/hinder his game  :016:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

tslyon

Quote from: Airfix on June 24, 2014, 02:03:48 PM
Quote from: tslyon on June 24, 2014, 01:46:22 PM
Glad to hear it.   Did we get a sneak peek at the new home kit?  And some of the training gear?

Cheers,

Steve

He's wearing his national training top - that's the Venezuelan badge on it.

Look on the bench...  And folded in the foreground...

Cheers,

Steve

JackyFulham90

He would be top class in the Championship. I know he struggled last season but it couldn't have been easy playing in our team last season.
We seem to be well stocked at Centre half now in

Shaun Hutchinson
Fernando Amorebieta
Dan Burn
Liam Donnelly
Stephen Arthurworrey
Jack Grimmer

Let's hope them poor defensive performances are a thing of the past...