more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Luis Suarez bites again!

Started by love4ffc, June 24, 2014, 07:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Quote from: Baszab on June 25, 2014, 12:18:25 PM
You would also be taken to court for sliding in to the postman in the front garden and breaking his leg/ligaments with your studs  etc etc - I am NOT defending the horrible little git but .....

True enough but tackles etc are part of the game. Injury does happen if a tackle is misplaced or mistimed. Biting isn't, so yes tackling a postman, is not part of HIS job description. For a footballer it is. Biting on any level is really not acceptable on any level in any job. Except in a restaurant and then you should only bite the food.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cmg

Even with the most reckless and violent of tackles it is extremely difficult to establish that such an act was done with the explicit intention to break bones or damage ligaments. Sinking one's teeth into somebody's arm doesn't really allow for any doubt as to intention.

Eggs for Breakfast

If he gets a long ban he will return even more hungry to play.

Forever Fulham

I'm not convinced.  Yet.  Villify me all you want.  I detest biting.  It can transmit disease, bacteria, viruses.  I don't go into hysterical overreach that it will cause youngsters to start biting on playground pick up games.  I get the role model argument.  But I think the connection is a bridge too far.  He's arguably the world's best striker.  I keep that in mind too.  He's a marked man.  Pog never bit anyone.  Who would you rather watch play?  Pog can't score.  Don't like me using him as an example.  Then insert any number of other players up top.  Do I suspect he attempted to head butted to clear space?  Yes.   Do I suspect his buck teeth -- his middle upper teeth only -- connected with Chiellini's shoulder in the act of head butting?  Yes.  Am I convince he bit the shoulder?  Not yet.   Is it easy to assume he bit him, based on his two priors?  Yes.   It looks bad for the man.

LordNelson

Quote from: Forever Fulham on June 25, 2014, 03:58:42 PM
I'm not convinced.  Yet.  Villify me all you want.  I detest biting.  It can transmit disease, bacteria, viruses.  I don't go into hysterical overreach that it will cause youngsters to start biting on playground pick up games.  I get the role model argument.  But I think the connection is a bridge too far.  He's arguably the world's best striker.  I keep that in mind too.  He's a marked man.  Pog never bit anyone.  Who would you rather watch play?  Pog can't score.  Don't like me using him as an example.  Then insert any number of other players up top.  Do I suspect he attempted to head butted to clear space?  Yes.   Do I suspect his buck teeth -- his middle upper teeth only -- connected with Chiellini's shoulder in the act of head butting?  Yes.  Am I convince he bit the shoulder?  Not yet.   Is it easy to assume he bit him, based on his two priors?  Yes.   It looks bad for the man.

I guess you can help OJ in his quest to find the real killer as well.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

RidgeRider

I've watched video this morning being played on sports news over here,,,,,,he intentionally bit the guy, and then he fell to the ground as though there was a headbutt (there wasn't), which was so delayed and such an obvious acting of diving after that fact...disgusting really.

The man has significant mental issues and should never be allowed to play the game professionally again.

YankeeJim

Question. If he gets an international ban would that apply to things such as Champions or Europa League or just his national team?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ron

Quote from: K33NY on June 25, 2014, 09:52:04 AM
Quote from: bucksfulham on June 25, 2014, 09:36:09 AM
:022:
I can't believe that some pundits are saying that an international ban will put his transfer value up as he will only be available for club football!Where's the justice in that?  He should get a TOTAL ban.

Read today FIFA is investigating and that Suarez in worst case will get a 2 year ban, according to FIFA rules, I personally hopes he gets 2 years, this is the third time and allso a psychologist in sports told BBC in a interview last year that its in hes nature to behave like this in stressed situations or provoked situations, with proffesional help it can  be "treated" but at some time theres a big risk it can happen again, I would bet 5 years he said last year, cant remembers hes name but I read the article about an hour ago. And he was right it happened again, just a little over a year since last time......

He needs help what if he had bit hard enough to puncture the skin, many people dont know that a human bite is actually the worst and most dangerous bite that can inflict on a human being!

I don't know about the last bit.....they say the bite of a Komodo dragon, however slight, will prove fatal thanks to the cocktail of bacteria and viruses that that rather unpleasant animal carries around.

....but then again, that description also fits Suarez well too....!

cottage expat

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 25, 2014, 10:07:46 PM
Question. If he gets an international ban would that apply to things such as Champions or Europa League or just his national team?

Even if he receives a ban, he will probably still get to play while the (certain) appeal is being heard which will see him through the World Cup.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 25, 2014, 10:07:46 PM

FIFA are above everyone so they could probably ban him from all football played under their remit for x games/months/years.

love4ffc

Some of the latest news lines from various news sources. 

•   Fifa's disciplinary code has the scope to suspend a player for a maximum of 24 matches – which, technically, can include club games but in practice tends to be only internationals. The longest ban in World Cup history was an eight-match one on Italy's Mauro Tassotti for breaking Spain's Luis Enríque's nose in 1994 with an elbow.

•   Suárez denied he had bitten Chiellini. "These situations happen on the field," he said. "I had contact with his shoulder, chest against shoulder and I got a knock to the eye – nothing more."

•   Uruguayan FA defends Luis Suarez, claiming bite marks are photoshopped.

•   Suarez's lawyer Alejandro Balbi believes the player is a victim of a European-based campaign against him.  "We don't have any doubts that this has happened because it's Suarez and secondly because Italy was eliminated," Balbi, who is also a Uruguay FA board member, said. 

•   Executives from Adidas, the sportswear company that said when he previously bit Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic and earned a 10-match ban that it would be "reminding Suárez of his responsibilities", met in Rio on Wednesday for crisis talks. The poker firm 888.com is also reviewing its contract with Suárez.

•   Malta-based online gambling site Betsson were offering up 175-1 odds that Suarez would bite for a third time in his checkered career.  The manager of the sports book, Andreas Bardun, told ESPN that 167 people bet Suarez would crave another human during the World Cup. The biggest winner took in $3,300 (roughly £1,940).

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?