watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

According to this fulham want to keep mitroglou and ruiz

Started by Zu-Meister, June 25, 2014, 02:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zu-Meister

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-plan-surprise-world-cup-7324001

Fulham will tell Bryan Ruiz he will stay and help the club bounce back from Premier League relegation.

The surprise star of the 2014 World Cup earlier made it plain he wanted out of Craven Cottage after being loaned to PSV Eindhoven in January.

But after a sparkling display for Costa Rica against England and a winner against Italy in Group D, it's Ruiz and co advancing to the round of 16 while others from west London are on the plane home.

Get West London has learned from well-places sources that not only will Ruiz see out the last year of his Fulham contract, but £12m record signing Kostas Mitroglou will have to forego a £2million loan deal to Turkish giants Besiktas.

Mitroglou was on the bench in Greece's late 2-1 win over Ivory Coast last night, while his agents seek a way out of a disastrous start following his transfer from Olympiakos - also in January.

By a quirk of fate, Costa Rica and Ruiz face Greece and Mitroglou on Sunday in Recife to decide the fourth quarter-finalist after a round of weekend games.

The Whites believe both players would be huge assets in recovering a minimum £70million a year in Prem League revenue, even if Ruiz was to walk away for nothing in summer, 2015.

"I am really happy here at PSV," Ruiz told Fox Sports Eredivisie in April. "They have a new project for next season to become champions with a strong squad. I would like to be part of that.

"What will happen depends on several things. I still have one year on my contract at Fulham."

The club intends to see that honoured, and rebuild a team around them that includes a third World Cup player, Adam Taggart from Australia.

The 21-year-old signed a three-year deal with the Whites after they agreed an undisclosed fee with Newcastle Jets.

Taggart topped the A-League scoring charts with 16 goals last term, and appeared twice in Brazil as the Socceroos failed to make it out of their group.

He said: "I'm looking forward to starting a new chapter in my career with Fulham and working hard to take my game to another level."

Craven Mad

Interesting.

I just can't see Mitrog being the right player ahead of Ruiz. Bryan needs pace around him, something the Greek is severely lacking. Also, Ruiz may struggle in an even quicker and more physical league; who knows..

Nonetheless, no denying both have the skill to be immensely valuable in the Championship.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Or of course it's all part of the selling & negotiation game of "talking up their worth" especially Ruiz post World Cup performances & raised profile

Ready for the right offer (which we can't of course refuse - can we....?)

Recovering our past expenditure with (possibly) funds for new targets

We will see

Lighthouse

Neither will be here next season. Ruiz at least should command a big fee.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bradstow

Please make it so - Khan will be an absolute hero if he pulls this off
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

Holders

"Surprise star"?  I don't think he has been a surprise at all, he just needed to play in the right system.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jem

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on June 25, 2014, 02:32:27 PM
Or of course it's all part of the selling & negotiation game of "talking up their worth" especially Ruiz post World Cup performances & raised profile

Ready for the right offer (which we can't of course refuse - can we....?)

Recovering our past expenditure with (possibly) funds for new targets

We will see

I agree, that was my take on it.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Ruiz will increase his value all on his own.
The idea that Fulham are being tacky at this late stage in their dealing with him ...is a little disgusting  :023:
I would prefer not to think it is true.

EJL

Quote from: Holders on June 25, 2014, 03:20:59 PM
"Surprise star"?  I don't think he has been a surprise at all, he just needed to play in the right system.
I don't even think it's that. He simply has more time on the ball, as fewer teams mercilessly press at international level, as well as playing on the biggest possible pitches every game.

bill taylors apprentice

Don't worry they will be gone soon.
This all part of the plan to make it look like we have a ......... er plan!

Tonywa

People hereabouts seem to think that Ruiz would not cut the mustard in the championship due to lack of pace and/or physical prowess.  However when the Ha-Has were promoted the previous time their outstanding player was the not too dissimilar Tarabt who laid waste to Championship defences scoring over twenty goals and laying on a considerable number for his team-mates.

MJG

Quote from: Tonywa on June 25, 2014, 04:53:27 PM
People hereabouts seem to think that Ruiz would not cut the mustard in the championship due to lack of pace and/or physical prowess.  However when the Ha-Has were promoted the previous time their outstanding player was the not too dissimilar Tarabt who laid waste to Championship defences scoring over twenty goals and laying on a considerable number for his team-mates.
Adel I felt has more drive than Ruiz. In that he actually runs with some kind of pace and takes players on. Thats not really Ruiz's game at all.

The Bronsons

The talking-up-the-fee idea sounds plausible, but I have no idea what Fulham are going to do next. It's like the club is being run by Luke Rhinehart.

Walsh

I'm a huge Ruiz fan boy so would love to see him back.

Gary

I dont see anyone biding for Mitroglou with his recent performance! If I ere him i would pick myself up by playing teams like Burnley...He has to star at the bottom to regain his quality.

cookieg

Quote from: KCat on June 25, 2014, 03:28:22 PM
Ruiz will increase his value all on his own.
The idea that Fulham are being tacky at this late stage in their dealing with him ...is a little disgusting  :023:
I would prefer not to think it is true.

I am not sure that Fulham are being tacky. Ruiz has a year to go on his contract, he is a Fulham player and if Felix wants him in the squad this season so be it. It isn't up to Ruiz to decide if he is coming back unless he submits a transfer request and even then if Fulham don't get a sufficient offer then he stays.

ron

To me, they are both products of a time of failure at Fulham. Ruiz persevered with because of his cost, even though he was very lightweight and slow to what was required at Premier League level, Mitroglou appeared as a quick fix panic buy at a time when the game was virtually up anyway, but the transaction elevated to high farce in the fact he was mainly unfit to contribute. Neither will want to drop a league, and neither will have their heart or head in the struggle to regain PL status that is to come. Get rid, talk them both up by all means, but get rid and start again with players giving the right signs of wanting to join the fray.

Forever Fulham

It looks like Bryan Ruiz has signaled he wants to stay with his loaner club, very much, but is prepared to honour his contractual obligations to Fulham for the remaining year on his contract.  It seems apparent his heart is not in coming back to the Cottage.  If the club forces his return, and he acquiesces, then what?  Will he put in a listless performance?  Or something south of his best effort?   I suspect that will happen unless he gets adequate assurances of major player changes and playing style changes, all more suited to his game.  So now we wait and see.

YankeeJim

I think both would do well in the Championship. They both are professionals and neither has proven themselves at the level of the Prem. I don't think that the Dutch league & certainly not the Greek league are better than the Championship. Ruiz has to do something outside of Holland to improve his value, otherwise he might be taking a pay cut when he does leave FFC. No one will give us near enough of our outlay on Mitroglou  so unless Felix wants to, the Greek will be driven into shape by our German drill sergeant. Fulham has the upper hand and neither will go unless Felix wants it.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Riverside

I would like to keep Ruiz but think we cannot
I have serious questions about Mitro but think whether he stays of goes will be Felix's choice

Let me explain

I have always advocated Ruiz at 10 with a speedy hardworking CF .
Rodellega was my choice last season but he seems to be off
Woodrow could fit the bill

I don't think Mitro fits the bill
Is Mitro slow and "lazy" because he has been unfit ?
Has he ever been fast ?

Ruiz though has enhanced his reputation at the World Cup and I think we have suitors that will interest him - I think he will go

Mitro's reputation though must be less than his salary so whether he stays of goes ( on loan ) will be Felix's choice