watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

new owners, new badge?

Started by Adi-ffc, June 28, 2014, 12:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adi-ffc

I know this has been discussed before, but I have emphatically failed to make friends with our cheap and unattractive logo.

A lot of other fans have commented on how good our old badge was - can't we have just have it back? Even if it costs some?

Do it Shad.

:dead horse:

ron

Quote from: Adi-ffc on June 28, 2014, 12:06:43 PM
I know this has been discussed before, but I have emphatically failed to make friends with our cheap and unattractive logo.

A lot of other fans have commented on how good our old badge was - can't we have just have it back? Even if it costs some?

Do it Shad.

Signed  :54:

Twig

Quote from: Adi-ffc on June 28, 2014, 12:06:43 PM

Do it Shad.

I loved the old badge and the brand it represented.  I seriously doubt the new owner would want to go back to the future but, if there is the slightest chance, then bring it on.

bill taylors apprentice

I would love to see the old badge back but apparently there were issues over protecting the merchandising rights as the design was not owned by the club.
How hard the club tried to protect it, who knows? Over the years people I know with little interest in the game have spotted the new badge and immediately associated it with Fulham which may not have happen to the old badge.
Or maybe it was just time in the PL that did that?  
It was obviously designed to stand out as a marketing tool and it does, but its ugly.

Adi-ffc

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 28, 2014, 12:32:27 PM
I would love to see the old badge back but apparently there were issues over protecting the merchandising rights as the design was not owned by the club.
How hard the club tried to protect it, who knows? Over the years people I know with little interest in the game have spotted the new badge and immediately associated it with Fulham which may not have happen to the old badge.
It was obviously designed to stand out as a marketing tool and it does, but its ugly.

Interesting.

Its just that its ugliness is so unrepresentative of our club. There are quite a few PL teams with old badges whose brand hasn't suffered.

Our logo reminds me a bit of a swastika..Maybe I am overreacting a bit there, but I just really object to it.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Adi-ffc on June 28, 2014, 12:36:59 PM

Interesting.

Its just that its ugliness is so unrepresentative of our club. There are quite a few PL teams with old badges whose brand hasn't suffered.

Our logo reminds me a bit of a swastika..Maybe I am overreacting a bit there, but I just really object to it.

I'm no expert but I imagine it was designed to be a bold stand out image, easily recognized and easy to protect in law against fake merchandising etc. Well it probably hit the spot in all those areas but I agree it lacks class and doesn't reflect the clubs spirit.   

Craven Mad

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 28, 2014, 12:47:08 PM
Quote from: Adi-ffc on June 28, 2014, 12:36:59 PM

Interesting.

I'm no expert but I imagine it was designed to be a bold stand out image, easily recognized and easy to protect in law against fake merchandising etc. Well it probably hit the spot in all those areas but I agree it lacks class and doesn't reflect the clubs spirit.   

It does all those things, plus it's easy (and cheap) to produce/reproduce - so embroidery costs on shirts etc are reduced.

Still prefer the old (black and white) one.

EdenRob

I hope we do not return to a version of the Hammersmith and Fulham Council Badge as it is just as relevant as the British National anthem is to England; in other words it's not.
We have had the 'new badge' for about thirteen years  if my memory is correct and I LIKE IT. it is simple, uncluttered and recognisable by most fans of other clubs as Fulham.
What's the problem?

mungos beans

Adi-ffc

No problem, just curious what everyone felt. Our badge isn't popular amongst anyone sitting around me, but it's not like the club are going to change it.

But I still think it's very ugly, for what it's worth. Cheap and unremarkable, unlike Ffc.

mullers

Although the 'full' version of the badge couldn't be copyrighted there were variations on the theme some seasons so I never really understood what the problem was.

My one issue with the new badge when it was introduced was there was no chance for the fans to have their say. 'FFC' has been used in the past, perhaps if people felt they had been consulted over the design it might be more acceptable. After all, it's not as if the club keep making decisions and expect the supporters to blindly follow, is it? [Joke!]

Pluto

I like our current badge and wouldn't want to see it changed now after 13 years. The old badge seems like it's from a bygone era and looks outdated, where as the current one is simple, unclunky and represents the good times we enjoyed in the PL era.

MJG

There have been so many variations of the badge over the years there is no one badge you can says that's ours.
The current one will change and we will move on to another one.

HillingdonFFC

I cant actually believe i`m saying this but I`ve grown used to the new badge, I think it is now instantly recognizable as Fulham. Having said all that I would have the old crest back in a flash, apparently the copyright merchandising stuff cited for changing the badge was a load of old tosh. Someone posted at the time that they had contacted Hammersmith & Fulham  council regarding this and they had had no qualms  whatsover with FFC using the borough crest.

The Enclosurite

Maybe we could incorporate the current badge into a new badge with a mix of the historical, so 'brand Fulham' (yuk!) is still in tact but the design is improved.
¡COYW!

WhiteJC

the first badge 1898

1930's

1945-46

1946-51

1951-73

1973-77

1977-81

1981-84

1984-95

1995-2001

2001-

for more info....
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/the_badge.php

WhiteJC

here are some 'fantasy' badges...

I know they look like beer labels, thats because thats what I based them on, but who doesn't like football and beer?

WhiteJC

here's a desktop wallpaper showing our home shirts and badges...

see more here...
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/wall_shirts.php

FPT

Why was our 95-01 badge so blue? I like the more interesting, old school design, but it's so blue, I'd have to change the colours about a bit.

However, I do also like our current badge, it's easy on the eye. It's got the black and white (obviously Fulham colours) and the "FFC" is red, capturing the "legacy" of our first kit. I think our current badge is good for marketing as well, it's clean and distinctive.

I like the 51-73 one but would like more depth to it, it doesn't signify "Fulham" or "FFC," it's just a coats of arm.

Craven Mad

1962-72: perfect shirt, perfect badge.