watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Captain for next season?

Started by Blanco, June 28, 2014, 05:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

im gonna be so peed off if parker starts games for us, let alone is given the band. id give it to burn or stockdale
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Craven Mad

Quote from: fulhamben on June 28, 2014, 08:41:38 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on June 28, 2014, 08:22:32 PM
Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on June 28, 2014, 08:02:13 PM
If we sign McCormack then maybe give it to him, he had it at Leeds for a reason or have a look at the other new players that sign before the window shuts

Most Leeds fans agree Ross got the Captaincy to keep him at the club; not much to do with his personality.

Plus, it didn't do them much good - they were awful last year! Save for Ross, of course.
so the captain lead by example

Or just didn't lead at all...

FPT

For me, you can't look further than Scott Parker, it works in every scenario, it's the logical solution. He's a very good communicator, but also leads by example in the way in which he plays. Also, our squad is very young and very inexperienced, so someone like Scott Parker who has been there and done it is vital, and who is someone that will get respect from his team mates and the youngsters.

You've also got to think that he always comes across as a genuinely nice guy, which is very good for public events where he'll be our representative. He's got a fighting spirit that you want to emanate across the team.

And then of course, Dan Burn as our vice captain. Not only because of his leadership qualities, but to be a leader at that age will rub off upon his fellow academy products. I think he'd have a positive impact on his team mates on and off the pitch.

Finnegans Wake

I dont agree with keepers being captains. Too early for Burn. It should go to Parker on paper, but on paper he should have played well last season and we should have had a nice mid table finish. Stupid paper.  

ross_bamping

Parker will be captain, Stockdale vice. People who moan about Stockdales ability and passion should just leave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

Nero

perhaps we can have one of those club captain (parker) and Team Capt ( the 6mill pounds player we haven't signed yet)

Blanco

Quote from: Forever Fulham on June 28, 2014, 07:10:41 PM
They have to respect you as a player to be able to lead them.  After this World Cup--Bryan Ruiz.
Lol

fulhamben

Quote from: FPT on June 28, 2014, 08:52:54 PM
For me, you can't look further than Scott Parker, it works in every scenario, it's the logical solution. He's a very good communicator, but also leads by example in the way in which he plays. Also, our squad is very young and very inexperienced, so someone like Scott Parker who has been there and done it is vital, and who is someone that will get respect from his team mates and the youngsters.

You've also got to think that he always comes across as a genuinely nice guy, which is very good for public events where he'll be our representative. He's got a fighting spirit that you want to emanate across the team.

And then of course, Dan Burn as our vice captain. Not only because of his leadership qualities, but to be a leader at that age will rub off upon his fellow academy products. I think he'd have a positive impact on his team mates on and off the pitch.
why do you think the yougsters will respect him? the youngsters might see him as this old bloke earing ten times more than them who was a huge part in the youngsters missing out on playing in the prem. they might even look at him as a player who s passed it and shouldnt even be in the same team as them. if i were a fulham kid i would want to be playing with players that gave us the best chance of getting promotion. that aint parker. if he plays it neigh on a guarenteed waste of a sub in every game to replace his old legs.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: fulhamben on June 28, 2014, 10:45:37 PM

why do you think the yougsters will respect him? the youngsters might see him as this old bloke earing ten times more than them who was a huge part in the youngsters missing out on playing in the prem. they might even look at him as a player who s passed it and shouldnt even be in the same team as them. if i were a fulham kid i would want to be playing with players that gave us the best chance of getting promotion. that aint parker. if he plays it neigh on a guarenteed waste of a sub in every game to replace his old legs.

Oh dear  :doh:

St Eve

Fernhurst

What you all chatting lads.......

Stockers, Burn???......... Leave it out.

Parker obviously
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

FPT

Because "He's been there and he's done it," he's had a very good career, and academy players should relish an opportunity to play with experienced players like Scott Parker. If players "see him as an old bloke on ten times more and a part of them not playing" then I would have to worry at how petty and immature these players are. If they think they are on a par or better than the established senior players, they should use that as a motivation to improve and to perform. I'm all for ambitious players, but you are picturing arrogant players.

Are you part of the few that seem to believe that our U21s will walk the Championship? We need players like Scott Parker to help add maturity to a young squad. Also, you seem to believe that Scott Parker cannot last 90 minutes? He played 90 minutes many times (23 out of 33 games) last season, during which under Martin Jol he was (arguably) our best performer.

St Eve

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 28, 2014, 11:08:04 PM
What you all chatting lads.......

Stockers, Burn???......... Leave it out.

Parker obviously
Hopefully we get rid of him. Too old and slow. Cannot play 90 minutes

Tonywa

Would be fairly amazed if we gained promotion with a team entirely comprising all the youngsters who, immensely promising as many of them are, need one or two older, wiser heads to guide them through.  Danny Murphy would have perfect in the role were he a few years younger.  As it is, the mantel seems likely to fall on Scott Parker.  get over it folks, because that's the likely outcome whether you like it or not.

King_Crud

I'm hoping that Parker proves me wrong but I don't think he should even be in the team, let alone captain

fulhamben

Quote from: FPT on June 28, 2014, 11:09:19 PM

Because "He's been there and he's done it," he's had a very good career, and academy players should relish an opportunity to play with experienced players like Scott Parker. If players "see him as an old bloke on ten times more and a part of them not playing" then I would have to worry at how petty and immature these players are. If they think they are on a par or better than the established senior players, they should use that as a motivation to improve and to perform. I'm all for ambitious players, but you are picturing arrogant players.

Are you part of the few that seem to believe that our U21s will walk the Championship? We need players like Scott Parker to help add maturity to a young squad. Also, you seem to believe that Scott Parker cannot last 90 minutes? He played 90 minutes many times (23 out of 33 games) last season, during which under Martin Jol he was (arguably) our best performer.
no im part of the few that can see how shockingly bad parker has become. and just because he wasnt dragged off in every game, doesnt mean he was able to perform for 90 mins. have you forgotten how much better we looked when rene dropped him? and more importantly do you remember how bad we was at defending with the great parker protecting the back 4. will be a very sad day indeed if he is not replaced in this window.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tonywa on June 28, 2014, 11:23:54 PM
Would be fairly amazed if we gained promotion with a team entirely comprising all the youngsters who, immensely promising as many of them are, need one or two older, wiser heads to guide them through.  Danny Murphy would have perfect in the role were he a few years younger.  As it is, the mantel seems likely to fall on Scott Parker.  get over it folks, because that's the likely outcome whether you like it or not.
it wont be a team of just youngsters, but adding over the hill players to balance it out wont cure anything

Pluto

I'd go with Parker if he wasn't so unbelievably past it. Really don't want him starting for us next season and it needs to be a player who's in the team every week.

Forever Fulham

I greatly respect Parker's character.  A consummate professional.  But he's slow, old, makes mistakes, doesn't play his position particularly well, and therefore isn't likely to start and certainly won't make it through the entirety of the season.  Your captain has to start, has to be on the field, has to have the respect and even admiration of most of the team.  Who is on Fulham's roster who is playing in the World Cup and shining?  Bryan Ruiz.   A new team, a fresh lineup, a different style of playing.  But if, as I suspect, it must be a Brit, then, um, er, uh, let's see...

Deanothefulhamfan

I do not want Parker to start, so giving him the armband worries me slightly.... I do agree with Fulhamben on that point, but then I couldn't disagree more with your response as to why he will not be respected. He is the most experienced player in the team, who has had many years in the top league in the world, he is an ex international, who is vocal and supportive, and has a wealth of experience of being the club captain. He demonstrates everything you would want in a captain. So whilst I don't want him in the team, if he was to be given the armband he would probably be the best captain in the league.