watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Captain for next season?

Started by Blanco, June 28, 2014, 05:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

It has to be Parker doesn't it. Oldest more expierenced player. Be a better captain than Hangeland ever was.

Craven Mad

I'd rather Stockdale - he encapsulates the attitude and personality the team needs, going forward. Committed, hard working, level headed.

He also has experience of a promotion campaign, is a senior player at the club (longest servant, i think), and was chosen as a starter because of his commanding influence over those around him (as highlighted by Felix).

KP_FFC

stocko please

love his passion and enthusiasm

JackyFulham90

would like it to be Stockdale.
Think it will be Parker though he is the obvious choice

Blanco

I also think Stockdale would be a great captain. I can see Magath giving the armband to Parker though.

Forever Fulham

Bryan Ruiz and David Stockdale, co-captains.

YankeeJim

I don't like a keeper as captain. He's not in a position to lead/encourage/criticize except on the defensive end. Ideally, a mid is best. I see Parker as a leader of sorts but can he keep up with the youngsters? 
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Admin

Are we talking about the same quiet as mouse David Stockdale who can't even command/shout at his back 4? Madness, the guy is a million miles away from being captain material.

love4ffc

Agree I like a player on the field to be the captain instead of a goalie.
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Blanco

I thought Stockdale was quite verbal. What about Dan Burn? He shouted at the players quite a bit. Still young though.

Forever Fulham

They have to respect you as a player to be able to lead them.  After this World Cup--Bryan Ruiz.

Rhys Lightning 63

I'm gonna go outside the box here and say, even though he's only 22, I wouldn't mind seeing Dan Burn as captain
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Craven Mad

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on June 28, 2014, 07:30:07 PM
I'm gonna go outside the box here and say, even though he's only 22, I wouldn't mind seeing Dan Burn as captain

Burn would be my second choice.

Seems a natural leader and should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Whether Felix views him as such an important feature of the squad, I'm not sure.

love4ffc

Think Burn could do the job in future but want more experience first.
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Toby Ward-Smith

If we sign McCormack then maybe give it to him, he had it at Leeds for a reason or have a look at the other new players that sign before the window shuts

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: love4ffc on June 28, 2014, 06:50:54 PM
Agree I like a player on the field to be the captain instead of a goalie.

I always thought a goalkeeper was on the field ;-)

Only one man for me, can't give it to anyone but Parker

Cravenawin

Quote from: Forever Fulham on June 28, 2014, 06:25:41 PM
Bryan Ruiz and David Stockdale, co-captains.

Can't see Ruiz being here next season

Luka

Lets see who comes in first !!

Craven Mad

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on June 28, 2014, 08:02:13 PM
If we sign McCormack then maybe give it to him, he had it at Leeds for a reason or have a look at the other new players that sign before the window shuts

Most Leeds fans agree Ross got the Captaincy to keep him at the club; not much to do with his personality.

Plus, it didn't do them much good - they were awful last year! Save for Ross, of course.

fulhamben

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 28, 2014, 08:22:32 PM
Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on June 28, 2014, 08:02:13 PM

Most Leeds fans agree Ross got the Captaincy to keep him at the club; not much to do with his personality.

Plus, it didn't do them much good - they were awful last year! Save for Ross, of course.
so the captain lead by example
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.