watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ross Mccormack Update

Started by Sammyffc, June 30, 2014, 09:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutney

If it is £10mil then its a ridiculous transfer. Coutinho only cost Liverpool £8.5, terrible bit of business. Around the £4mil mark is more realistic for a player of McCormack's ability. fp.gif
C O Y W

Lighthouse

Some of us are complaining about a fee for a player wanted by two Prem clubs. Given the choice he wouldn't come to Fulham if everybody met the fee. But do any of us know what the fee is? 10 million seems a pretty nice round number to spread around. There are probably conditions attached to any fee and so we will see where he ends up.

At least it adds to the excitement at last.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

Be good if we get him, but we probably won't.

TWFL

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 01, 2014, 12:04:13 AM
Some of us are complaining about a fee for a player wanted by two Prem clubs. Given the choice he wouldn't come to Fulham if everybody met the fee. But do any of us know what the fee is? 10 million seems a pretty nice round number to spread around. There are probably conditions attached to any fee and so we will see where he ends up.

At least it adds to the excitement at last.

Exactly. I can almost guarantee that there will be umpteen conditions attached to it. Just like the Ruiz deal and just like the Mitroglou deal. I reckon perhaps £5m maybe £6m at a push will be paid up front, the rest on RM's performances.

Blanco

Quote from: Putney on June 30, 2014, 11:51:09 PM
People speculating about player and managerial moves because of odds shortening is so irritating.
I think there's more to it than just odds.

EJL

I reckon it'll be nearer the original £7 mil with Celino floating £10 mil to please the fans. Conspiracy...

Arthur

Quote from: Chutney on June 30, 2014, 11:56:41 PM
If it is £10mil then its a ridiculous transfer. Coutinho only cost Liverpool £8.5, terrible bit of business. Around the £4mil mark is more realistic for a player of McCormack's ability. fp.gif

A player as highly-rated as Coutinho was never going to come to England to join a club in the Championship; to imply, therefore, that we could sign a player with a similar reputation for less than we may spend on McCormack is a red herring.

Moreover, we can't force Leeds to sell him for £4M, no matter how realistic that valuation may be. If we are to be promoted, however, is it vital that we have someone in the team who scores a lot of goals? And is McCormack likely to score a lot of goals next season? If the Club concludes that the answer to both questions is 'Yes', I would argue that this makes it worth spending more than £4M on him - irrespective of his ability.

Frank

If McCormack comes he will scores a lot of goals. If he doesn' t come we have three or four other players who will score these goals. For me it is not so important whether he comes or not. The defence wins the championship.

westcliff white

Quote from: Pluto on June 30, 2014, 11:20:55 PM
Christ why is everyone getting in so much bother about the fee?! We have an owner who has 4 Billion! Who cares if it's 8m or 10?!
Championship fair play rules I am worried about. If we breach them and go up its a fine if we breach and don't go up its points deduction at start of following season.

And Rhodes for 10 or 12 if possible would be a far better option. McCormacks had one good season where he scored what he had in the previous 4 combined, so it worries me slightly
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Christ why is everyone getting in so much bother about the fee?! We have an owner who has 4 Billion! Who cares if it's 8m or 10?!
Because its a case of caring about the club and looking at the bigger picture. If we were spending £10M up front for him that would be madness. 6M plus extras relating to promotion only would make sense.

Its also a case of not wanting us to mess up on not getting the wrong player.

Your right its not our money but we can care and comment if we think its too much for a particluer player.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Chutney on June 30, 2014, 11:56:41 PM

Completely agree.

Fernhurst

Fulham are leading the race to sign Leeds United captain Ross McCormack and could finalise a deal to sign the 27-year-old Scottish international this week. Yorkshire Post

Ok ..... One goal scorer in?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Craven Mad

If, as touted, the price is £10m, I sincerely hope we walk away.

Kramaric (£5m) + Lansbury (£4m) would be far more sensible purchases and would cost less, combined, than McCormack.

Fulham76

Even at £10m it's unlikely he'll be as big a waste of money as our other +£10m purchases.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: westcliff white on July 01, 2014, 06:10:34 AM
Championship fair play rules I am worried about. If we breach them and go up its a fine if we breach and don't go up its points deduction at start of following season.

And Rhodes for 10 or 12 if possible would be a far better option. McCormacks had one good season where he scored what he had in the previous 4 combined, so it worries me slightly
I agree its a big risk, BZ had one great season with us, admittedly a bad injury brought his good form to an end but prior to his golden spell he certainly found it difficult to score even in a team that finished 8th to qualify for europe.through the back door. Leeds fans seem happy for him to go if they get the money which worries me. I would like to see Lnasbury, he was a key player for Forest and is the sort of player we are missing in midfield.

HillingdonFFC

You could argue that £10 million for a near 28 year old who has generally played in the lower leagues in England and apart from one season has a moderate scoring record,is complete lunacy.
On the flip side,if he scored the goals to get us up his fee is recouped many times over. Loved winding the Rangers mates about how we mugged them off getting £4million for a finished Zamora , I got plenty back when he scored the play off winner.
We need to strengthen all over the park, just hope that if McCormack comes we don't spend the bulk of the budget on one player.

f321ffc

The club can't win,  last week we had posters on here moaning that the players we were signing were not good enough now we get moans about spending on a proven championship striker because the papers are quoting £10million.

I doubt the fee is anywhere near that but even if it is and we get promotion then it's money well spent if not then it's not cost anyone on here a penny.

Supporting Fulham is never going to be easy , I should know as my first game was in 1963  so come on get behind the club and whatever happens WE ARE AND ALWAYS WILL BE FULHAM. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

bucksfulham

No longer on Skybet transfer odds. They must know something!

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 01, 2014, 08:20:41 AM
If, as touted, the price is £10m, I sincerely hope we walk away.

Kramaric (£5m) + Lansbury (£4m) would be far more sensible purchases and would cost less, combined, than McCormack.

Maybe we go for all 3?

Northern Cottager

Quote from: bucksfulham on July 01, 2014, 09:04:46 AM
No longer on Skybet transfer odds. They must know something!

Heavy lumps going on!