more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (12/07/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 11, 2014, 05:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

London Buses Stop Accepting Cash – Yahoo News

Please enter a valid phone number. Please enter your Phone Number. Send Thanks! A link has been sent. Done London buses stop accepting cash 9 hours ago View photo London buses stop accepting cash London buses will no longer accept cash payments for tickets with effect from Sunday, the British capital's transport authority said.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://news.yahoo.com/london-buses-stop-accepting-cash-230735474.html

http://fulhamsfinest.com/london-buses-stop-accepting-cash-yahoo-news/?

WhiteJC

Away Days: Wolverhampton Wanderers

Every morning for 23 days we'll be providing a bite-size profile of our upcoming opposition in the 2014/15 Sky Bet Championship season. Next up is Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Date: Tuesday 24th February (7.45pm)

Recent history: After finishing bottom of the Premier League in 2011/12, Wolves suffered a disastrous subsequent campaign, with back-to-back relegations confirmed on the final day when they were defeated by Brighton and Hove Albion. They recovered well, though, and returned to England's second tier at the first opportunity by comfortably securing the League One title, with the West Midlands outfit ending the season nine points ahead of second-placed Brentford.

The manager: Kenny Jackett, appointed May 2013

Player to watch: Nouha Dicko, forward

Marathonbet odds for the title: 16/1

Head-to-head record: Fulham 21, Wolves 31, Draw 20

Previous meeting: Fulham 5-0 Wolves (Pavel Pogrebnyak 3, Clint Dempsey 2) Premier League, March 2012

By train: London Euston – Wolverhampton (approx. 1 hour 55 minutes)

Five who played for both: Emmanuel Frimpong, Marcus Hahnemann, Seol Ki-Hyeon, Jamie Smith, Tony Lange

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/11/away-days-wolverhampton-wanderers?

WhiteJC

Fulham hand trial to international midfielder

Magath having a look at former Cologne man Chihi

Itching for a move: Adil Chihi is trying his luck at Fulham

Fulham have handed a trial to Moroccan international Adil Chihi.

The 26-year-old was released by Cologne at the end of the season and is hoping to earn a deal with the Cottagers.

Chihi featured for Fulham in a pre-season friendly defeat to Rangers on Thursday as he tries to prove his worth to Felix Magath.

Rebuilding job: Felix Magath is overseeing a summer overhaul at Fulham

The German-born midfielder has made nearly 150 appearances for Cologne since progressing through the club's ranks.

Magath, who has managed Bayern Munich, Wolfsburg and Schalke among his previous clubs, returned to his homeland to sign Kostas Stafylidis on a season-long loan from Bayer Levekusen this week.

And the Craven Cottage chief is casting an eye over another player with Bundesliga experience as Chihi attempts to win a deal in England.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-hand-trial-international-midfielder-7406859?

WhiteJC

Next Up: Motherwell

The Whites face Scottish opponents once again on Saturday (2pm) as Felix Magath's men take on an impressive Motherwell side.

The opposition

Since the demotion of Rangers, Motherwell have been the closest challengers to Celtic in the Scottish Premiership, with a flurry of second-place finishes in recent years.

The last three campaigns have each seen them top the best of the rest as the Hoops maintained their dominance on the top flight, although the Steelmen needed a late victory over second-placed Aberdeen on the final day to leapfrog their opponents in 2013/14.

They have sampled their fair share of European football in the last couple of years too, courtesy of their strong league standings, but on each occasion they failed to qualify for the group stages.

Motherwell had a shot at playing in the UEFA Champions League in 2012/13 but Greek giants Panathinaikos put them out 5-0 on aggregate, before Levante rubbed salt in the wounds by denying them a Europa League spot three weeks later.

A Europa League campaign also proved elusive last season, with Russian outfit Kuban Krasnodar this time doing the damage over two legs. But the subsequent domestic campaign proved adequate consolation as they reached a highest-ever points haul of 70.

The manager

Appointed manager of the Steelmen in December 2010, Stuart McCall immediately led them to a top-half finish in the SPL, before finishing third the following term. However, Rangers' demotion meant they were upgraded and took the second European qualification spot.

Two more runners-up positions have followed, with McCall earning particular plaudits for continuing the progress at Fir Park despite a spate of first-team players departing.

As a player, McCall racked up a huge amount of appearances in the Football League, appearing no less than 569 times for Bradford City, Everton and Sheffield United, while he also won six consecutive Scottish League titles with Rangers in between spells in England.

Born in Leeds, he represented Scotland at international level having qualified through his father, and ended up making 40 appearances for the Tartan Army.

Player to watch

John Sutton: After a fairly productive spell at Fir Park several years ago, the former Tottenham Hotspur trainee returned for 2013/14 and enjoyed a highly impressive campaign, scoring 22 league goals. The brother of former Blackburn Rovers and Celtic striker Chris, the younger Sutton is much travelled – he reportedly underwent a trial with Valencia a decade ago – but has been most prolific north of the border with the likes of St Mirren, Raith Rovers and Motherwell.

Inside the camp

Following the departure of strikers James McFadden and Henri Anier, youth-team product Bob McHugh is hoping to nail down a starting berth in the Motherwell side in the coming season.

Speaking at their summer training camp in the Algarve, the 22-year-old said: "I hope this is going to be my season, especially with Faddy and Henri leaving, there's a jersey up for grabs.

"My contract is up next summer and this is a huge season for me. I'd love to be at 'Well beyond that so I know I need to perform. I feel I have the ability to play for this club and be successful but it's up to the manager to give me a shot."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/11/next-up-motherwell?

WhiteJC

Besiktas step up bid to sign Fulham flop

Turkish outfit keen to push through deal for misfit Mitroglou

Besiktas are trying to push through a deal for Fulham misfit Kostas Mitroglou.

The £12million flop has made just a handful of appearances for the Cottagers since his January move from Olympiakos.

Get West London reported last month that the Greek striker was a loan target for the Turkish outfit.

And Besiktas boss Slaven Bilic is keen to get a deal done as soon as possible ahead of their Champions League third round qualifier later this month.

"We are going to play Champions League qualifiers very soon," said Bilic when asked about Mitroglou.

"We need to make transfers as soon as possible, we are in talks with three-four players. We are in negotiations and hope to sign them before the playoffs."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/besiktas-step-up-bid-sign-7407063?

WhiteJC

A Stiff Test - Motherwell (a)

Our pre-season tour of Scotland continues with another friendly fixture this Saturday.

With the kick-off set for 14:00 hours Fulham will be taking on Motherwell at Fir Park.

The fixture presents Felix Magath with a tough challenge. Motherwell, managed by Stuart McCall, has emerged as a major force in Scottish football, following the demise of Glasgow Rangers.

It`ll certainly be interesting to see how our re-shaped squad does against a side that finished second in the Scottish Premier League last season.

We`ll be on hand to, hopefully, post a post-match report (of sorts), over the weekend.

COYW`s

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=363247#ixzz37B7o7MlS

WhiteJC

Casuals Clash For U21s

Fulham's Under-21s play their first pre-season friendly of the summer when they head to Walton Casuals on Saturday (3pm).

Casuals, whose chairman is former Whites defender Tony Gale, play in the Ryman League Division One South.

Last weekend they were beaten 3-0 at home to Kingstonian after a 2-2 draw against Dorking Wanderers in their opening summer sharpener.

"Pre-season is all about fitness and conditioning," said Fulham Under-21s boss Kit Symons. "We'll probably have quite a small number of players so it's about managing them through that first game and hoping they come through unscathed.

"The boys have been brilliant in training since they've been back from their summer break. It's still early days so it's more about looking to do the right things rather than worrying about the result at Casuals. In saying that, in every game we play we want to win."

There will be a minute's silence prior to kick-off in honour of former Fulham photographer Martin Goldthorpe. Martin was a regular snapper at Fulham Under-21 fixtures before his untimely death last month. Fulham's players will also wear black armbands as a mark of respect.

"There will be a piece about him in the programme as well," added Symons. "I attended his funeral on Monday and it's such a sad loss. He was a familiar figure at Under-18 and Under-21 games."

Casuals play at the Waterside Stadium, Waterside Drive, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, KT12 2JG.

Admission is £9 adults, £5 concessions and £2 juniors (13-17). Under-12s are free.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/11/casuals-clash-for-u21s?

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

Former Fulham star to complete Roma switch

Former Fulham man Urby Emanuelson will complete his move to Roma today and form a formidable left-sided partnership with ex-Chelsea star Ashley Cole.

The Dutchman was released by AC Milan at the end of June and joins the Serie A side as a free agent.

Emanuelson spent the second half of the 2012-13 season on loan at Craven Cottage after Martin Jol lured him away from the San Siro temporarily.

The 28-year-old has been discussing a two-year deal with the Italian club, which is undergoing a drastic makeover after finishing second in the Italian top flight last season and qualifying for the Champions League.

The former Ajax defender-turned-winger will undergo a medical in the capital today before completing the deal, according to reports in Italy.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/former-fulham-star-complete-roma-switch-140711101183#23fIer1di8q1Zo5p.99

WhiteJC

Ross McCormack and the 11 million pound move: Why this isn't as ridiculous as it sounds

On a bizarre day for football, considering it was also the night THAT semi-final happened, eyebrows were raised early when Ross McCormack signed for recently relegated Fulham from Leeds. The fee is to be believed at £11 million (although the official amount is undisclosed). This lead to many memes stating how ridiculous this amount it is, and the reignition of the debate of British players being overpriced. However many Fulham fans, including myself, are ignoring the price, as it's an anomaly in a situation with more good things than bad. The fee is over the top, but it's not as ridiculous as it sounds; and here are the reasons why.

1. This fee is a statement of intent by Shahid Khan

Since his purchase of the club at the start of last season, his tenure has been a unmitigated disaster. Several managers and relegation at what seemed an unsinkable club wasn't the debut he was looking for being at the helm of a Premier League club. What's the first thing any good chairman does at the sign of a crisis? Open up the wallet. He did so at first with Kostas Mitroglou, and that didn't really go to plan, but this time, he wanted to get a man that can fire a team into the Premier League, and who better than last season's top goal scorer in that league? Magath wanted him, Leeds owner Massimo Cellino told Khan the fee, and he has shown 'I will do ANYTHING to get us back in the Premier League', and this is a bold statement to make for the sceptical fans and the media following his chequered first season. The age old adage comes to mind; ya gotta spend money to make money.

2. No Fulham fan expects him to fulfil that price tag.

Don't get me wrong; paying ALLEGEDLY £11m for a Championship striker is ridiculous, and most Fulham fans agree. Any fan that sees that huge price tag and is expecting a world class striker to rock up is delusional. He's good - matter of fact, he's great - and he will most certainly do a job. I imagine (and hope) Ross will ignore this price tag and continue his superb form from last season. If he can bag 15-20 goals next season like any good Championship goal getter, and secure us a play-off berth, I am happy. He's 28 years old so we're getting him near his peak too, so Fulham fans are hoping for him to end our woes in front of goal. But I hope no one is thinking we've bought a Sturridge or a Lukaku because of the price. Look at the player we've got to lead the line, not at the currency following his name.

3. No one actually knows the actual fee, it's all speculation

I cannot find one article that states that we have actually paid £11m for Ross McCormack. Every article you read leads with 'McCormack signs for £11m', but once you actually read on, it says 'undisclosed fee believed to be £11m'. A far realistic amount is probably around about £9.5m with some fees banded about, which is still probably fair if you compare it to the £8m Blackburn paid Huddersfield Town for Jordan Rhodes. Everyone comparing it to Sturridge are making a joke based off a fee that someone has guessed. So let's not point fingers just yet, if we don't have all the facts.

4. I'd pay £100m for Emile Heskey rather than have Darren Bent again.

Seriously, he is god awful. Just god awful.

Fulham are in a process of rebuilding, and to have a player of his Championship calibre to join our ranks is a fantastic coup. For me, this bumps our chances of promotion next season from not likely, to likely, and with Magath surrounding himself with young Bundesliga talent, and the signings of Messrs Shaun Richardson and Adam Taggart – he and Khan are prepared to get out of this league at the first time of asking, whatever the cost.

http://ballsybanter.com/new/recent-posts/599-ross-mccormack-and-the-11-million-pound-move-why-this-isn-t-as-ridiculous-as-it-sounds?

WhiteJC

Inside Fir Park

Ahead of our pre-season friendly game with Motherwell on Saturday (2pm), we caught up with board member and supporter Derek Watson to get his thoughts on the fixture.

What was your assessment of Motherwell's season last term?

It was absolutely fantastic! At the start of the season you couldn't blame 'Well fans for being a bit pessimistic. We lost around seven key players who'd helped guide us to a second-place finish, including our top scorer Michael Higdon, and the manager had a massive rebuilding job on his hands. Much to our delight, Stuart McCall did a fantastic job and we exceeded all expectations in the league. We accumulated a record 70 points, finished second again and qualified for Europe. We won't talk about the Scottish Cup though....

It's been a good few years hasn't it with all those runner-up finishes?

It's been unbelievable. We have a much smaller budget than a lot of teams in the league but we have been consistently performing in the top half of the league. The last game of the 2013/14 season was without doubt one my highlights of following the Steelmen. Aberdeen v Motherwell at Pittodrie, we had to win to finish second. All season the media had been hyping up Aberdeen, the odds were against us. It was a scrappy game, looking destined for 0-0, then, with what was nearly the last kick of the ball, Craig Reid puts it in the net, Aberdeen 0-1 Motherwell. The crowd were celebrating like we'd won the league! Excellent.

What do you make of Stuart McCall?

He has done a fantastic job on a very tight budget. To be honest, I'm very surprised there's not been a lot more interest from clubs down South, but I'm not complaining. Hopefully we can hang on to him as long as possible.

What should Motherwell be targeting this coming season?

We've had some fantastic finishes over the past few years but it's important not to get ahead of ourselves. A top-six finish would be respectable, as other Scottish clubs look to be strengthening their sides. That said, we've managed to hold most of our team together this year! A good cup run is very important; we've been disappointing in the cup competitions the past couple of years and haven't won a trophy since 1991.

Which Motherwell players should we be looking out for?

Shaun Hutchinson... oh wait!

Have you seen much of Fulham over the years?

I got to a game at Craven Cottage in 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It's a lovely location by the river and a bit of an old-school stadium in comparison to other English grounds. I was surprised to see Fulham go down last year but I'm sure you'll make a strong push to get back to the top tier.

You mentioned Shaun Hutchinson who signed for Fulham earlier in the summer – were you sad to see him go?

There's no doubt all 'Well fans were gutted to see him leave as he came in at such a young age and put in consistently solid performances. But I think it's probably the right time for him; Shaun has the potential to have a great career in football and this is the next step.

What can our fans expect from him this season?

He's a very solid centre-back with a desire to succeed. He's certainly not frightened to get stuck in and is very good in the air. I think he'll be a great addition to the Fulham side as they aim to get back to the Premier League.

What's Motherwell's ground like to visit?

Fir Park is very easy to get to via train from Glasgow. Some trains from London even go direct to Motherwell. You can get off at Airbles Station or Motherwell Station – both are in walking distance or only £2-£3 in a taxi. Fulham fans will either be in the Phil O'Donnell Stand, which is the main stand at Fir Park, an old wooden construction. Or they'll be in the South Stand which is the usual stand for travelling fans. Make sure you get a Scotch Pie and a Bovril!

Where can Fulham fans go for a pint prior to the game?

There's a few decent pubs around the ground that away fans would be welcome in. The Electric Bar just outside Airbles train station is always good for a pint and a bite to eat. A bit closer to the ground you have Jack Daniels which is more of a sports bar, with lots of pool tables and darts. Away fans are also usually welcome in the Cooper Bar at the stadium.

Where can fans go in the surrounding area for places of interest?

It may be worth checking out Strathclyde Park which is hosting the triathlon at the Commonwealth Games in a few weeks. It's also home to M&D's Theme Park which is decent for families. Glasgow is only 20 minutes up the road and you can get to Edinburgh on train in 40 minutes.

Tickets can be bought from turnstiles on the day of the game, priced at £10 for adults and £5 for concessions.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/11/inside-fir-park?

WhiteJC

Fulham snap up Estonian

Fulham have snapped up Estonian prospect Mattias Kait, Sky Sports can confirm.

The Cottagers have been tracking Kait since last summer, but they have only now been able to finalise a deal.

Kait is 16, and comes in from Estonian outfit Levadia, who have been paid an undisclosed fee for the striker.

Kait has agreed a three-year deal at Craven Cottage.

http://www.teamtalk.com/fulham/9379155/-?

WhiteJC

An Emotional Return

Shaun Hutchinson hopes to be part of the Fulham side that face Motherwell on Saturday – a game he anticipates will be "emotional".

Though born in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, the 23-year-old made his break-through in Scottish football – joining our upcoming opponents when he was just 16. North of the border, the young centre-back made a name for himself and went on to make more than 130 appearances for Well prior to signing for the Whites this summer.

"It's funny how things work out, to face my former team so quickly," explained Shaun to fulhamfc.com. "It will be good to go back there and, if I'm involved, I imagine it will be quite an emotional return in many ways.

"I spent seven years there, so the club is close to my heart. It's a good club, one that has a real family atmosphere. It's a place where everyone is close. The people at Motherwell gave me my first chance in football, which is something I won't forget.

"I made my debut as a 18-year-old and, although I had a few injuries early on, I went on to play a lot of games up there. Obviously I was part of the side that finished second in the Scottish Premier League last season, so that was pretty special.

"That's where I learned a lot about the game, and my time in Scotland stood me in good stead – it was a decent foundation. It's always been an ambition to play in England though and now I want to continue my development at Fulham."

Hutchinson could be joined in the Fulham match-day squad by another former Motherwell player: new striker Ross McCormack. The 27-year-old Scotland international joined the Club this week following his move from Leeds United.

"Ross makes a return too, so no doubt it's an occasion for him also," said Shaun. "We didn't actually ever play alongside one another at Motherwell as I was just coming through as he was leaving. We did train together though.

"He's a good lad, and as we know, he's a very good striker. He scored 29 goals last season and was the Championship's leading scorer. So that's what he's capable of and, as a result, I'm sure he'll make a real impact at Fulham."

Hutchinson has already impressed in his short time with the Whites, catching the eye in both of the team's previous pre-season friendlies against East Fife and Glasgow Rangers.

"I'm a player that will always give my best in a game, I'll always put my body on the line," he added. "I'm quite vocal, I'm someone that encourages and likes to help keep the team together.

"Even at the age of 23, I'm quite experienced. I've played a lot of football. It's a young squad at Fulham, and I know what it's like to be a young player trying to make your way in the game. If I can help them in any way, then I will.

"But these boys have a lot of talent and they deserve their place in the First Team squad. I've been really impressed with the group, and I think we have the makings of a very good team."

One of several summer signings, Hutchinson is already looking towards the start of the 2014/15 season and pulling on the White shirt in a competitive fixture, with Ipswich Town first up on Saturday 9th August.

"That's the focus, and that's what we're all working towards right now," said Shaun. "Pre-season is always tough, but that's what it's all about. It's supposed to be. The work that we do now is all geared towards that first game and beyond. We want to put ourselves in a good position and start the campaign strongly.

"It's been a bit of a transitional period for the team and I know a few of the players from last season have now left, and a number of new faces have come in. But it's up to us to show what we can do and deliver.

"The Manager Felix Magath and the Club have put a lot of faith in me, and I want to repay that by doing well out on the pitch. We all share the same ambition now, to get Fulham back to the Premier League."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/11/an-emotional-return?

WhiteJC

Academy Role For Keen

Fulham have announced the appointment of Kevin Keen as the Club's new Head of Coaching and Under-18s Manager.

The 47-year-old replaces Steve Wigley as Under-18s boss. Wigley left the Whites in May to join Nottingham Forest as assistant manager.

Keen made 502 league appearances in a 20-year playing career. Born in Amersham, he began his career with Wycombe Wanderers before joining West Ham United in 1993.

After 10 years with the Hammers, in which they tasted promotion twice, he moved to Wolverhampton Wanderers before spells at Stoke City and Macclesfield Town. During his time with the Silkmen he tasted managerial life for the first time during a spell as caretaker boss.

After hanging up his boots, Keen rejoined West Ham's academy as their Under-17s coach. He later had spells as reserve team coach and first team coach. He had brief stints as West Ham's caretaker manager on three separate occasions following the departures of Alan Pardew in 2006, Alan Curbishley in 2008 and Avram Grant in 2011.

In July 2011, he left Upton Park to join Liverpool as first team coach under Kenny Dalglish. He departed Anfield a year later to join West Bromwich Albion as joint-assistant head coach. He left the Baggies last December.

Fulham Academy Director Huw Jennings said: "We're delighted that Kevin is joining us in this key role as Head of Coaching and Under-18s Manager.

"Kevin brings with him a wealth of experience at academy and senior level and I'm certain he'll help us to move forward from the solid foundations that we've built in the last five years."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/11/academy-role-for-keen?

WhiteJC

Richardson Moves To Villa

Fulham Football Club can confirm that Kieran Richardson has signed for Aston Villa on a permanent transfer.

The 29-year-old left-sided player turned out 48 times for the Whites in all competitions, scoring six goals, following a move from Sunderland in August 2012.

Fulham would like to thank Kieran for his contribution during his time at the Club and wishes him well in his future.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/11/richardsons-villa-move?

WhiteJC

Kieran Richardson joins Aston Villa from Fulham on two-year deal

Aston Villa have announced the capture of Kieran Richardson from Fulham on a two-year deal.

Reports emerged earlier this morning that the 29-year-old was preparing to undergo a medical with the Midlands outfit today.

Richardson, who spent part of his youth career at Villa, also has an option to extend his contract by a further year.

"Villa Park itself has always been my favourite stadium out of all of the stadiums in which I've played in the Premier League," Richardson told the club's official website. "It's got great atmosphere, the fans are magnificent and I'm really looking forward to playing here. I know I'm going to love it."

Manager Paul Lambert added: "Kieran will complement many of the players here well with what he brings.

"He will add pace, a great deal of experience and he knows the Barclays Premier League. He's played a lot of games for a lad who has yet to turn 30."

Richardson will also play under the guidance of assistant boss Roy Keane.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/aston-villa/transfer-talk/news/richardson-joins-villa-on-two-year-deal_164569.html

WhiteJC

Faithful Membership

Sign up to the Faithful today and adults can receive a discount on their match ticket.

Faithful Membership for 2014/15 is now on sale. Our adult membership is just £30, and you'll get priority ticket access to all of our Sky Bet Championship fixtures, alongside our Season Ticket Holders.

What's more, we've added a new benefit for the coming season, rewarding members with a £5 discount on your home league ticket*. With tickets against Millwall, Wolves, Cardiff City and Blackburn Rovers now on sale to Season Ticket Holders and Members - there's no better time to take advantage of this offer!

Also included for 2014/15 are retail incentives, additional ticket offers, invitation to FFC events, monthly eNewsletters and subscription to the Club's official digital magazine Fultime.

There's plenty on offer for our young fans too, with our Formation (11 to 15-year-olds) and Fulhamites Membership (4 to 10-year-olds) packages available for just £5, and our new Mini Fulhamites membership (0 to 3-year-olds) gets the youngest of Whites fans started in all things Fulham. All junior members receive a great welcome pack and fantastic benefits across the campaign.

To sign up, you can buy or renew online today, phone 0843 208 1234 (option 2) or visit the Ticket Office in person.

*To receive the £5 discount, tickets must be purchased before 5pm the day prior to the chosen fixture.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/11/faithful-membership?

WhiteJC

Hollyoaks Actor Forced To Deny That He's Signing For Aston Villa

case of mistaken identity on Twitter forces actor to speak out.

Hollyoaks actor Kieron Richardson was forced to deny that he was signing for Aston Villa after the Premier League giants were reportedly signing his namesake Kieran Richardson.

Richardson, who plays Set Hay in the soap opera, was being confused by Richardson, who plays on the left in the Premier League, and had to post a tweet of his own to clear up the infusion.

You'd think people could just use their eyes, they look nothing alike!

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/07/11/image-hollyoaks-actor-forced-to-deny-that-hes-signing-for-aston-villa/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=image-hollyoaks-actor-forced-to-deny-that-hes-signing-for-aston-villa

WhiteJC

Charlton Athletic sign Icelandic international Johann Berg Gudmundsson

Charlton Athletic have secured the services of Icelandic international Johann Berg Gudmundsson on a free transfer, following the winger's departure from AZ Alkmaar.

Charlton Athletic have pulled off a major transfer coup in signing Icelandic international Johann Berg Gudmundsson on a free transfer.

Arriving on a two-year deal, the highly-rated winger parted ways with AZ Alkmaar this summer following the expiration of his contract, after making 168 appearances over four seasons for the Eredivisie outfit, scoring 25 goals in the process.

The 23-year-old previously spent time with both Chelsea and Fulham as a teenager when his parents relocated to England, before returning to Iceland aged 18 to start his senior career with his original club, Breiðablik.

With 32 caps for the national side, Gudmundsson was a core part of the team which came just a playoff win away from qualifying for the 2014 World Cup, netting a hat-trick in a match against Switzerland during their widely applauded campaign, which ultimately ended with a 2-0 defeat to Croatia.

Boasting Europa League experience, the tricky wide man has been highly-regarded within Dutch football for the past few seasons, with a host of Premier League clubs, including Aston Villa, Newcastle United and Swansea City, reportedly interested in his services in the January transfer window.

Becoming the club's seventh summer signing under new manager Bob Peeters, following the earlier arrival of ex-Chelsea centre-back Tal Ben-Haim, the move is thus a significant coup for the club, as they look to improve upon last campaign's largely disappointing 18th place finish.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/07/11/fs-charlton-atheltic-sign-icelandic-international-johann-berg-gu/?