more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (22/07/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 22, 2014, 08:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Millwall still to decide on released Fulham defender

Matthew Briggs' Millwall future is still up in the air, according to Ian Holloway.

The 23-year-old has been on trial with the Lions and bidding to impress after being let go by Fulham at the end of last season.

He has played in both pre-season games so far at Dartford and Saturday's 2-2 draw at Stevenage, after which Den supremo Holloway revealed he needs to learn more about the left-back before deciding on whether to offer him a permanent deal.

Ollie said: "Briggs is growing on me.

"I need to find out one or two other bits about him. I go on relationship - and if people change those I don't like it because I wouldn't change a relationship.

"I know I'm in the right place to do that and I have to make sure he wants the same thing as I do and what has ever stopped him getting there I can help him with.

"If I bring someone to my football club who might not start well and can't handle it, then I'm wasting my chairman's money."

The boss added: "I need to try out certain things.

"I can't understand for the life of me why with his athleticism and wonderful left-foot that I've already seen Fulham dreamed of letting him go.

"At one time he was in the England set up and doing all these bits and pieces.

"He might be frustrated and doesn't feel loved.

"I can't deal with that if they don't come fighting back."

Holloway now intends to step up his assessment of the defender before deciding whether to pursue the deal any further.

The boss admitted: "I haven't watched him as much as I should have done.

"I like Scott Malone, so I have to make sure I bring in someone who can push him and challenge him.

"I need to sit down with him (Briggs) and watch some of his games.

"I think he just stands there in a game and thinks 'how good am I doing?'

"You can't let those thoughts in, I need to see if I can cure that.

"If I can't then I won't do anything. If I can then we could have one hell of a player on our hands."

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/millwall/11353416._/?

WhiteJC

Striker Barry Hayles rejoins Southern Premier side Truro City

Former Fulham, Plymouth Argyle and Leicester City striker Barry Hayles has rejoined Truro City.

The 42-year-old left Treyew Road almost two years ago after helping them win promotion to the Conference South.

He scored 34 goals in 89 games during his previous spell, and will be joined by ex-Argyle winger Isaac Vassell,
The 20-year-old was on loan at Truro in 2012 and brings the total of their new squad up to 15 players for the upcoming Southern Premier League campaign.

Barry Hayles
Joined Bristol Rovers from Stevenage for £250,000 in 1997
Moved to Fulham for £2million in 1998, scoring 57 goals in over five-and-a-half years
Also played for Sheffield United, Leicester City, Plymouth Argyle, Millwall and Cheltenham Town
First signed for Truro in September 2010

"I wanted to bring in someone of that presence and someone who'd been there and done it," Truro boss Steve Tully told BBC Radio Cornwall.

"He was more than willing to come back and the thing is he'll help bring players on. In the big games he'll be a massive asset to us because he's been there and done it.

"In games where we got bullied last season we definitely won't this season with players like that on our team."

Hayles was on a pay-as-you-play deal at Southern Premier League rivals Arlesey last season, but has penned a full contract at Treyew Road.

"He's signed a proper contract and that's pleasing, he wants to be involved in every game, which for me is a massive thing," Tully said.

"He's come back fit, he played in a game on Friday and he looks sharp.

"For a 42 year-old man he looks fit and rearing to go and he still definitely has goals in him which is a massive thing for us."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28400296

WhiteJC

Bolton shelve Bogdan talks
Bolton Wanderers will not burden Adam Bogdan with contract extension talks as he continues to generate transfer speculation.

The highly-rated Hungary international still has 12 months left to run on his current deal at the Reebok Stadium, so there is no need to rush into discussions.

There is, however, every chance that he could be lured away before he reaches the end of that agreement.

Clubs in England and across Europe, with Fulham and Mainz among them, are said to be keeping a close eye on Bogdan's situation.

Bolton boss Dougie Freedman is aware of the interest and is prepared to give the 26-year-old goalkeeper time to make a decision on his future before pushing the issue of fresh terms.

He told The Bolton News: "Adam has got a year left. At the end of the year we'll either shake his hand and he'll move on, or he'll sign a new deal.

"That's not to say I want to leave it that long before talking to him about a contract, I wouldn't do that, but you do have to gauge where a player is mentally.

"We had a situation with Chris Eagles last summer - I don't think it would have helped him mentally to offer a new contract.

"I could probably have guessed the answer, so it might have been in our best interests to leave it.

"But in Adam's case, with all the speculation flying around, I think it's best to leave talks right now and see where he's at when we start the season."

South Korea international Chung-yong Lee is another of those entering the final year of their contract and Freedman concedes that he has some big decisions to make – with it important to avoid another situation similar to that which saw Bolton take a financial hit when Marcos Alonso left for Fiorentina at the end of his deal in 2013.

Freedman added: "You want to sign all your best players.

"You go back to Marcos Alonso – we'd made him the best left-back in the division and lost money on him.

"It is frustrating but you have to respect the situation we're in – Financial Fair Play, what they want, can you afford in certain positions that amount of money, there is a lot to weigh up.

"Bolton fans realise I'm trying to give the place a chance to stabilise but I also want to be successful."

http://www.football365.com/championship/9389546/Transfer-news-Bolton-shelve-talks-with-Adam-Bogdan-over-contract-extension?

WhiteJC

Besiktas join Olympiakos in the race for Fulham striker

Besiktas have entered talks with Fulham over Bryan Ruiz.

The Black Eagles have been keeping close tabs on the Fulham striker and are hoping the prospect of a lucrative contract and Champions League football will be enough to convince Ruiz to join the Turkish giants.

The Eagles face competition from Greek champions Olympiakos.

Olympiakos are reported to be in talks with Fulham over Ruiz and can also offer the Costa Rican international Champions League football.

Ruiz was one of the standout performers during Costa Rica's impressive World Cup run to the quarter-finals.

The Fulham striker scored the historic goal that knocked Italy out of the tournament in the group stages.

The 28-year-old's performances in Brazil have not been matched at Fulham and the Costa Rican star was loaned out to PSV Eindhoven for the second-half of 2013-14, after falling out of favour with the Cottagers former boss Rene Meulenstee.

Ruiz has a year left on his contract with Fulham but the club are looking to part ways with the striker in order to reduce their wage bill following relegation to the Championship.

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=6184

WhiteJC

Extra Millwall tickets for Fulham away

Lions given additional 1,052 tickets for Craven Cottage derby
Millwall have been allocated an additional 1,052 tickets for our Championship game at Fulham on Saturday 16th August (3pm), bringing our full allocation up to 3,929.

Season ticket holders have so far snapped up over 2,300 tickets for this game. Tickets remain on sale to season ticket holders only until 9.30am on Thursday 24th July, when they also become available to members.

Tickets are priced at £30 adults, £25 over 65s, £25 U21s (proof of age is required at turnstile), and £20 U16s. 

Restricted view tickets are priced at £28 adults, £23 over 65s, £23 U21s (proof of age is required at turnstile), and £18 U16s.

There are three easy ways to buy tickets:
* Online at www.millwalltickets.com (booking fees apply)
* By phone on 0844 826 2004- option 2 (calls to this number will cost 5p per minute from your BT landline. Calls from other networks may vary and from mobiles will be considerably more. Booking fees apply)
* In person/by post at the Millwall Ticket Office

Read more at http://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/article/extra-tickets-fulham-1772446.aspx#pETkVLEVj5sYPFVc.99

WhiteJC

Transfer news: Kostas Stafylidis hoping Kostas Mitroglou will stay at Fulham

Kostas Stafylidis is hoping that Greece international team-mate Kostas Mitroglou can be retained by Fulham.

Mitroglou was taken to Craven Cottage in January for £12million, but saw injury restrict him to just three appearances.

He was drafted in to aid a survival bid, but a lack of outings contributed to Fulham tumbling out of the Premier League.

It was expected that a man who graced the World Cup finals this summer would be among those offloaded as part of a cost-cutting exercise, with Turkish side Besiktas said to be keen.

Fulham, though, have yet to sanction a sale and Stafylidis, who has moved to west London on a season-long loan from Bayer Leverkusen, would like to see a familiar face stick around and lead a promotion push.

He said: "Of course (I hope he stays). He's a great guy and speaks my language.

"I think last year he had a problem with injury and hopefully he can come back better and help our team.

"For me he is a good player and I think if he works hard then he is one of the best strikers in Greece.

"I think it's been difficult for him coming to England and I think this year he will try more and I hope he will help our team."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9389667/transfer-news-kostas-stafylidis-hoping-kostas-mitroglou-will-stay-at-fulham?

WhiteJC

Magath hopes World Cup trio will stay at Fulham

Fulham manager Felix Magath remains hopeful of keeping the clubs World Cup trio at the club, according to Get West London.

Kostas Mitroglou, Bryan Ruiz and Ashkan Dejagah all impressed for their respective countries at this summer's finals, with Ruiz in particular starring for Costa Rica, as the Central American nation reached the World Cup quarter finals in Brazil.

Ruiz has been linked with a move away from the West London club, and spent the second half of Fulham's relegation season at Dutch side PSV, scoring five goals in 14 games.

The Dutch side have asked Fulham if they can take him on a permanent basis, however Fulham recently rejected a bid. Meanwhile, Mitroglou has been a recent loan target for Turkish club Beskitas, and Dejagah has also been linked with a move away.

But despite the recent £11 million signing of striker Ross McCormack from Leeds United, Magath will do all he can to keep his World Cup stars.

Magath told Get West London: "The players need a rest.

"They have three weeks holiday (after the World Cup). Dejagah and Mitroglou are due back on Sunday and Ruiz is coming back next week.

"I am sure they will still be with us in September."

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/magath-hopes-world-cup-trio-will-stay-at-fulham/?

WhiteJC

Lee Clark wants to play two up front with Birmingham

Birmingham manager Lee Clark wants to adapt the team's formation to allow him to play with two strikers this season reports The Birmingham Mail.

Last season a 4-2-3-1 formation was mostly used, however after strengthening both the defence and the strike force the Blues boss is keen to play a 4-4-2 formation this season.

4-4-2 was rarely used during the last campaign and when Clark did decide to use it as a tactic, Birmingham never won a game in which they used that formation from the start. However it was a favoured formation when the team was chasing a game.

In a behind closed doors friendly on Saturday, 4-4-2 was used for parts of it with Clayton Donaldson and Wes Thomas paired together up front and this could be the partnership seen on a more regular basis during the season.

Speaking about the new formation Clark said: "We looked at that Saturday"

"We had both systems on view, which I was going to do at Mansfield. I said last week I was looking to play two strikers because that's something I want to do, to get strikers on the pitch, play with two, certainly in home games, where you want to be on the front foot."

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/lee-clark-wants-to-play-two-up-front-with-birmingham275/

WhiteJC

Besiktas target Ruiz to stay at Fulham says Felix Magath

Bryan Ruiz will remain at Fulham next season according Cottagers manager Felix Magath.

"The players need a rest," Magath said.

"They have three weeks holiday. Dejagah and Mitroglou are due back on Sunday and Ruiz is coming back next week.

"I am sure they will still be with us in September."

Despite Magath wanting Ruiz to stay at Fulham, Besiktas and Olympiakos are both reported to be in talks with the Costa Rican international.

Ruiz has struggled at Fulham since joining on a £11 million move from Twente in 2011.

The 28-year-old scored twice and provided six assists for the Cottagers last season however, was loaned out to PSV Eindhoven for the second-half of 2013-14, after falling out of favour with former Fulham manager Rene Meulenstee.

Ruiz still has a year left on his contract with the Cottagers but the London based club could be tempted to let go of the 28-year-old in order to reduce the wage bill following relegation from the Premier League.

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=6186

General

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 22, 2014, 08:51:09 AM

Millwall still to decide on released Fulham defender

Matthew Briggs' Millwall future is still up in the air, according to Ian Holloway.

The 23-year-old has been on trial with the Lions and bidding to impress after being let go by Fulham at the end of last season.

He has played in both pre-season games so far at Dartford and Saturday's 2-2 draw at Stevenage, after which Den supremo Holloway revealed he needs to learn more about the left-back before deciding on whether to offer him a permanent deal.

Ollie said: "Briggs is growing on me.

"I need to find out one or two other bits about him. I go on relationship - and if people change those I don't like it because I wouldn't change a relationship.

"I know I'm in the right place to do that and I have to make sure he wants the same thing as I do and what has ever stopped him getting there I can help him with.

"If I bring someone to my football club who might not start well and can't handle it, then I'm wasting my chairman's money."

The boss added: "I need to try out certain things.

"I can't understand for the life of me why with his athleticism and wonderful left-foot that I've already seen Fulham dreamed of letting him go.

"At one time he was in the England set up and doing all these bits and pieces.

"He might be frustrated and doesn't feel loved.

"I can't deal with that if they don't come fighting back."

Holloway now intends to step up his assessment of the defender before deciding whether to pursue the deal any further.

The boss admitted: "I haven't watched him as much as I should have done.

"I like Scott Malone, so I have to make sure I bring in someone who can push him and challenge him.

"I need to sit down with him (Briggs) and watch some of his games.

"I think he just stands there in a game and thinks 'how good am I doing?'

"You can't let those thoughts in, I need to see if I can cure that.

"If I can't then I won't do anything. If I can then we could have one hell of a player on our hands."

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/millwall/11353416._/?

Now that is a proper journalistic article, informative, insightful and interesting. None of this jibber is we see which has little point and no depth. Well done writer, go and celebrate.