watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Official - Eisfield Signs

Started by Sammyffc, July 23, 2014, 10:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungsBitter

Elsfeld made the list, along with Roberts as to the young stars of the future looking to break through this year according to the Daily Mail - the bible of footie? today, but still listed as at Arsenal http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2701055/Jordon-Ibe-James-Wilson-Devante-Cole-20-academy-players.html
By any measure I am thinking this could be a very good signing :)
Quark, strangeness and charm

DevonFFC

I think he is actually an arsenal reject and if he was that good I'm sure he would have gone elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrProphet

Quote from: ollienixs on July 23, 2014, 09:22:25 PM
I think he is actually an arsenal reject and if he was that good I'm sure he would have gone elsewhere

At 21 I'm sure he wants to start playing. In his position you have ozil cazorla the ox Wiltshire arteta ramsay and possibly khedira/schneiderlin to contend with.Not sure you can be called a reject for that??????

Just see the gooner fan reactions to see how much they rated him

JBH

Sturridge was a Man City and Chelsea reject nuff said?

DevonFFC

Nuff said Bruv!! Apart from sturridge you had heard of and actually played first team football. You have never heard of this guy but I bet after looking at his goals on youtube, maybe abit of wiki research you are in a great place to comment on how good he is. I hope to be proved wrong but I see this guy getting almost as much playing time as you do in the sheets

Admin

It's always a gamble, Voltz was an Arsenal reject, but didn't mean he wasn't any good, he did a pretty well for us, so did Boa Morte', and so on. This guy has come because of Magath, that you can better your bottom dollar on that, if it wasn't for him being at the club, then you're right, he would still be at Arsenal, or he would have gone else where.

Most but all Arsenal fans that I've seen, spoken to today, say the club were mad to let him go. Not one has said he's pants, or far from a reject. Maybe, just maybe, we've pulled a rabbit out of the hat here.

Nero

Do you think we can get Wiltshire next he won't be playing a lot for arsenal this year

Deanothefulhamfan

My Arsenal mate is really surprised to see him go, bags of talent and potential... the only thing he said was he is a bit "small", not really a major problem....

I am excited by this signing, I don't see him as a starter, but only because I don't know enough about him. Very good squad addition though hopefully

MasterHaynes

Eisfield also Knows how good some of our youngsters are having played against them in the U21 cup last season when they squeeked thrugh in extra time or maybe he has been watching the opportunities they were given last season and chnace for a starting place this season and thought its a good move for his career, he only signed a 2 year contract with an option(similar to Roberts)so if he does well can move on cheaply and negotiate a big contract elsewhere

Zu-Meister

arsenal fans are still moaning on twitter. on another note, we still need a box to box midfielder.

Riverside

More I hear about him the happier I am . I think he may well start as I think we will be playing a midfield diamond without wingers ( width coming from the full backs ) .

Ordar

Nice interview on the offal. I reckon he might start

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/24/new-chapter?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=AllSocial&utm_campaign=TB

New Chapter
Thursday 24 July 2014 13:00
Thomas Eisfeld joined Fulham on Wednesday and immediately outlined his ambitions of making an impact at Craven Cottage.

The highly-rated midfielder spent two-and-a-half years at Arsenal, and with an impressive goalscoring record at Under-21 level, the player is relishing the chance of stepping up and delivering for the Whites' First Team. 

"This is a new chapter for me," explained Thomas to fulhamfc.com. "I didn't play a lot of senior football at Arsenal, but now is my time. This is the right move for me, and I'm looking forward to developing my game at Fulham.

"Felix Magath is a fantastic manager and there are some really good players in the squad. I just can't wait to pull on the shirt for the first time. What I can promise the fans is that I will always give my best for the Club.

"I want to establish myself, and we have already seen a number of young players do that here. If you're looking at the Club from the outside as a player looking to push on, then that's great to see. I need to make sure I take my opportunity."

Eisfeld joined the Gunners in January 2012, following several years at Borussia Dortmund. On top of his eye for goal, the 21-year-old also has clever movement, technique and good vision – facets of the game he aligns to his time in West Germany and North London.

"I'm very lucky to have spent time at Borussia Dortmund – seven years in fact – and then Arsenal," he added. "Two fantastic clubs in regards to developing young players and playing the game how it should be played.

"It was a good education for me, one of the best in fact. But now I'm at an important stage of my career and now I need to show what I can do. I'm used to life in the UK, and of course, London – I feel very settled. I love English football, I like the style. It's quick and full of energy; I think it suits me well."

Talking at our Motspur Park Training Ground prior to flying to the States with his new teammates, Eisfeld was quick to point to the influence of Magath ahead of signing his contract for the Whites.

"The Manager was a factor, I wanted to work with him," said Thomas. "We've spoken a lot and I'm excited by the challenge that's in place at Fulham. He expects me to deliver, and I want to repay the faith that has been shown in me.

"He has a fantastic record in Germany, and I believe he'll be successful in England, too – I want to be part of that. Our aim is to get back to the top division - for me, Fulham is a Premier League club.

"I actually scored here [Motspur Park] last season, when Arsenal's Under-21s played Fulham's Under-21s. It was a good game, and although Fulham dominated the match, my goal was enough to win it.

"But I was really impressed by the Club's young players then, many of which are now working with the First Team this summer. It's a young team here at Fulham, but these players can make the step up. As a group we need to work as hard as we can, and push the team forward together."

beijing ben

Lansbury has done ok. If Eisfeld is a similar kind of 'reject' i'll be happy. In our current position i think we  can only expect to pick up players that can't break into the first team of top premiership clubs

OldBrownShoe

Some of you may be old enough to remember us picking up the brilliant Ray Houghton as a freebie from Wet Spam. There are plenty of bargains out there if managers and scouts are sharp enough.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: Admin on July 23, 2014, 10:40:42 PM

It's always a gamble, Voltz was an Arsenal reject, but didn't mean he wasn't any good, he did a pretty well for us, so did Boa Morte', and so on. This guy has come because of Magath, that you can better your bottom dollar on that, if it wasn't for him being at the club, then you're right, he would still be at Arsenal, or he would have gone else where.

Most but all Arsenal fans that I've seen, spoken to today, say the club were mad to let him go. Not one has said he's pants, or far from a reject. Maybe, just maybe, we've pulled a rabbit out of the hat here.

Saha was a Newcastle reject to boot
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

blingo

Maggie is building a great team. This boy and Chris David will rip the championship teams apart and I can see us going up this coming season. I get the impression that Maggie is building a premiership team already. We WILL WIN the Championship this year.

valdeingruo

Im honestly really excited about this signing. It shows our scouts are doing their job. Now, while some more avid people had heard of him, most havent. Hopefully "Magath's young guns" will show up the league.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

MasterHaynes

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 24, 2014, 09:12:21 AM
Eisfield also Knows how good some of our youngsters are having played against them in the U21 cup last season when they squeeked thrugh in extra time or maybe he has been watching the opportunities they were given last season and chnace for a starting place this season and thought its a good move for his career, he only signed a 2 year contract with an option(similar to Roberts)so if he does well can move on cheaply and negotiate a big contract elsewhere
I must have been looking in the proverbial crystal ball

"But I was really impressed by the Club's young players then, many of which are now working with the First Team this summer. It's a young team here at Fulham, but these players can make the step up. As a group we need to work as hard as we can, and push the team forward together."

Arthur

Surely Eisfeld has been given assurances that he has as good a chance of first team football as anybody else. What would be the incentive to leave Arsenal if most of his playing time were going to be for our U21s?

I think he'll do well this season. Certainly, had he gone to another club in the Championship, I would have felt that we'd missed out on a good player.

jmh

Quote from: Arthur on July 24, 2014, 08:14:36 PM
Surely Eisfeld has been given assurances that he has as good a chance of first team football as anybody else. What would be the incentive to leave Arsenal if most of his playing time was going to be for our U21s?

I think he'll do well this season. Certainly, had he gone to another club in the Championship, I would have felt that we'd missed out on a good player.
He doesn't have a squad number assigned (nor do any of the other new players besides McCormack), but he's listed under First Team Players on the website.