more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dejagah Gone - Official

Started by Craven Mad, July 29, 2014, 03:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: tommy on July 29, 2014, 06:36:47 PM
The strange thing for me is why go to Qatar for football reasons. Surely the championship is still a bigger league then theirs? Must be the money. Probably didn't want to take his relegation wage cut.

Being Iranian, I'm sure that moving to The Middle East might have family ramifications
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

MrProphet

I vaguely remember him saying he wanted to play for fulham just not in the championship....implies the league is below him then moves to Qatar......

If you think that's a move on the right way career wise then good riddance

jags24

I guess you just get to the point in your career where you want to cash in, especially while you're still in your prime.  I can understand, hell, I'd do the same thing.

MrProphet

Quote from: jags24 on July 29, 2014, 08:53:16 PM
I guess you just get to the point in your career where you want to cash in, especially while you're still in your prime.  I can understand, hell, I'd do the same thing.

Oh I agree just wish that footballers had the balls to say it. If he can only manage 50 mins in tropical England god knows how long he ll last in Qatar. Let's hope it's no a pay as you play contract

Nero

Quote from: MrProphet on July 29, 2014, 08:49:15 PM
I vaguely remember him saying he wanted to play for fulham just not in the championship....implies the league is below him then moves to Qatar......

If you think that's a move on the right way career wise then good riddance

Or Im happy to play for Fulham but not with a wage cut for being relegated, if my wages where the same I would have stayed. Only impressed really in the last few games in cameo roles and to look good in our team last year does make you good,

Alan_C

Quote from: RidgeRider on July 29, 2014, 04:35:13 PM
Why do we slate players when they leave? I can't think of a single player that has left that hasn't been slated by some on here when they have left. Maybe I am thick but I just don't understand the point of it all.

Finnan,  Van Der Sar, Boa Morte, Gordan Davies to name a few

FFCAli

Quote from: Alan_C on July 29, 2014, 09:17:59 PM
Why do we slate players when they leave? I can't think of a single player that has left that hasn't been slated by some on here when they have left. Maybe I am thick but I just don't understand the point of it all.

Finnan,  Van Der Sar, Boa Morte, Gordan Davies to name a few
and McBride

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Stockdale ......( said  hopefully :022: )

What about the poor bastard from Leeds,   he hasn't kicked a ball and the hole is dug  already

Putney

Fulham Tup North

Love Felix's comments.  Get in the team mode or get out!
Lovely! :)
COYW   :yay:
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

jags24

People are dogging him now that he's gone... it's sour grapes, though.  Dejagah was our most creative midfielder, and athletic, too.  He had his weaknesses, but overall he twice overcame injury and managed to deliver for us.

MrProphet

Quote from: jags24 on July 29, 2014, 09:36:40 PM
People are dogging him now that he's gone... it's sour grapes, though.  Dejagah was our most creative midfielder, and athletic, too.  He had his weaknesses, but overall he twice overcame injury and managed to deliver for us.

It's not sour grapes it's a player saying he doesn't want to drop to a lower league and further his career then joins a micky mouse league. His impact last year was undeniable but he clearly can't last more then 60 mins

Pie and mash

cusackdribble

If someone offered to triple my wages to do the same job I'd be more than a bit tempted

BarryP

Goodbye  and good luck Ashkan. It was a pleasure watching you play.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

glenhodgso

Quote from: BarryP on July 29, 2014, 10:50:56 PM
Goodbye  and good luck Ashkan. It was a pleasure watching you play.

:plus one:

grandad

I knew he only went for the money.
Migrant workers building Qatar's 2022 World Cup stadiums have been earning as little as 45p an hour.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Dejegah was good  and about the only striker we had with pace that bothered defences, he would have been great for us in the Championship if fit and dedicated.

However the writing has been on the wall for some time and it is best that he has gone sooner rather than later.

We now want to see the back of Mitroglou and Ruiz so that we are left with a team players dedicated to the cause .

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: cusackdribble on July 29, 2014, 09:47:19 PM
If someone offered to triple my wages to do the same job I'd be more than a bit tempted

This plus the fact he will be much nearer to home with Family and friends, I have no problem him joining a Qatari side, they are one of the few teams who would stump up 5 Million, which helps our cause

Peppo

He had energy, pace, aggression, an eye for goal and a pretty good shot. But he never got a first team place because he couldn't sustain that over a whole game. Without that he was quite average. As an average player he became less than average as his team play and communication skills let him down.

But, as an impact player he was incredibly effective. A team going for promotion needs a player like that, when the pressure is on and you need to to shake things up then options on the bench will make the difference.

So for me it's a shame he has gone.