Dejagah Gone - Official

Started by Craven Mad, July 29, 2014, 03:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham1959

Another one bites the dust . . .

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on July 30, 2014, 11:10:47 AM
Quote from: cusackdribble on July 29, 2014, 09:47:19 PM
If someone offered to triple my wages to do the same job I'd be more than a bit tempted

This plus the fact he will be much nearer to home with Family and friends, I have no problem him joining a Qatari side, they are one of the few teams who would stump up 5 Million, which helps our cause

Dejagah was born in Tehran, Iran, and moved to Berlin, Germany, at the age of one. He became a German citizen at the age of 16. [Wikipedia]

So I would guess that most of his close family and friends are in Germany.

And it is over 500 miles from Qatar to Iran, not the sort of distance over which most people nip round for a cup of tea and a chat.

K33NY

aaaaah I hate to see him leave :( really really liked him!

Deanothefulhamfan

I didn't realise he was brought up in Germany, but a lot of his family must still live in Iran, albeit not perhaps not his immediate family, yet they may want to return to the middle east.

500 miles is not that far for a footballer earning 100k a week, infact it is probably only a 2 hour flight, which is not even far for an average Joe like me and you.... How far is it from the UK to Iran???

Skatzoffc

Quote from: fulhamben on July 29, 2014, 03:35:03 PM
shame, he was one of our better players

Hmmmm.
One of our better players for short stints. He never seemed to get fit imo.
Don't get me wrong, I liked watching him and he was exciting. 

Good as an impact sub, but we need 90+ minute men in this division.
So in that respect, he is probably a luxury player now.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Pluto

One of our best players but probably for the best if he wasn't committed to the cause, and we've received a good fee. Certainly won't knock him for going to Qatar for 100k a week tax free!

Onwards and upwards!

alfie

Quote from: Pluto on July 30, 2014, 12:31:36 PM
One of our best players but probably for the best if he wasn't committed to the cause, and we've received a good fee. Certainly won't knock him for going to Qatar for 100k a week tax free!

Onwards and upwards!

He certainly hasn't gone there to further his career or indeed for any football reasons, just money
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Parkway Drive

Quote from: Pluto on July 30, 2014, 12:31:36 PM

Onwards and upwards!

:plus one: