watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cigar Room - Come on in

Started by Steve_orino, January 31, 2010, 07:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_orino

Finn & I had a thread about cigars on the old MB...

Do you smoke them?  What labels do you swear by?

What preference...mild, medium, full?

As I'm a Yank, have you had a Cuban?  Are they really the best?

I've heard ports are good with cigars but haven't tried any...any experiences with ports?
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

McBridefan1

I loooove a stinky cigar... they are great with anything especially a hand warmed cognac (cliche) my favourite drink with a cigar is just a simple coffee, but I usually have a nice Juicy sour/sweet Apple like a McIntosh when I smoke a cigar ... my favourite "label" is a Romeo and Julietta Maduro, usually a churchill size as well but sometimes I go for the shorter quicker smokes. PS: I hate flavoured cigars they litterally make me ill.

RidgeRider

Funny enough, a good dark rum, neat, with a cigar was always my favorite way to enjoy them. Started with Cuban, and Dominican, Cohiba's, then it was #5's and finally Romeo & Julietta's because they didn't take 3 hours to smoke.

Don't smoke them any more as I have become a dietary monk in my old age but used to quite enjoy a good smoke.  :)

CincyFulham

I know nothing about cigars, but my dad and uncle smoked them.  Just a whiff of one can sometimes create this time warp effect that sends me back to younger days.  I do have a box of cubans that once belonged to Saddam.  A friend from school is a officer in the army and "liberated" them from one of his palaces.

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: CincyFulham on February 01, 2010, 11:45:54 PM
I know nothing about cigars, but my dad and uncle smoked them.  Just a whiff of one can sometimes create this time warp effect that sends me back to younger days.  I do have a box of cubans that once belonged to Saddam.  A friend from school is a officer in the army and "liberated" them from one of his palaces.
Bloody hell Cincy, if that can be verified they'd be worth big bucks. Keep 'em in a safe place and don't be doing a big smoke up with your mates after a session on the Tequila !

finnster01

I like cigars in a big way. My fav's are Cohibas Lanceros and Monte Cristo's number 3. All the Cuban version. And yes, I can swear you can tell the difference. And Steve if you are just starting out on the cigar adventure, I recommend anything from a decent brand with a Connecticut wrapper. It is a little milder and sweeter.

A good smoke is quite a difference from going back and forth between the UK and the US
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Steve_orino

Yeah, just starting out...

So far I've tried
the Baccarat - really liked, perfect for a beginner
the CAO Gold's are a mild smoke but it didn't leave too much of an impression
the Carlos Torano Casa Torano was fantastic!  A really good smoke, mild yet flavorful
the Cusano 18 was mild too, smoked kind of heavy but it was still nice.

For Christmas, I received a 4-pack of CAO Golds that I need to open up...if I ever get the time.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

The Equalizer

I'm usually tempted by a decent Cohiba siglo 2. My sister works for a big cigar distributor in Fulham, supplying to all of the big hotels and restaurants, and she usually sorts me out a few on the side.

I recently also found out that one of her clients is none other than Dirk Benedict! It would seem that he now lives in the UK as his son plays professional football over here.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

LBNo11

Quote from: The Equalizer on February 03, 2010, 09:28:00 AM

I recently also found out that one of her clients is none other than Dirk Benedict! It would seem that he now lives in the UK as his son plays professional football over here.

...does his son play for the A team..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Logicalman

Quote from: CincyFulham on February 01, 2010, 11:45:54 PM

I'm in the same boat as you Cincy. Dad smoked them (sometimes) and it takes me back to the olde worlde stuff of youth.

Couldn't stomach the things myself, tried, but since I gave up puffing for good some years back, the opportunity will never pass my way again.

finnster01

It's about 9:10 PM New York time. I am slightly tipsy, trying to watch Criminal Minds failing miserably, enjoying yet another nice glass of wine, Fulham won and snapped the losing stretch, and I am having a Cohiba Lanceros as I blow smoke everywhere.

Life can sometimes be outstanding lads, and right now I feel about as good as I felt in a very long time. I'll worry about tomorrow tomorrow. 
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead