News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Tomasz Kuszczak the keepr who is 'supposedly' on trial with us?

Started by Admin, July 30, 2014, 11:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

I did hear we had played a game behind closed doors, and it included a keeper, but who it was, I wasn't sure. Tonight, the name 'Thomasz Kuszczak' gets thrown at me.

If this does end up being Stockdales replacement, what is everyones thoughts?  fp.gif 

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

KP_FFC

not a bad keeper tbh, but stek is better

i want stek to be our no.1 and hope he's improved his communication

Humbled

Last season Stek just seemed a very lonely figure. He didn't seem interested. Almost like he didn't wanna play and didn't like the game. I always felt strange watching him walk on and of the pitch.

bill taylors apprentice

It would be strange if it was.
We sell B&HA our keeper and then (maybe) we sign the keeper they have just let go.
Its a funny old game!

b+w geezer

I have no idea why Brighton let him go -- maybe the reason would be offputting. However, the observable facts are that he played two seasons as a regular for them, during both of which they conceded the division's second fewest goals. He is the right build and the right age and has loads of experience. So on the face of it, given that Manuel Neuer won't be coming here any time soon, and that Joronen is a rookie and Stek an outcast (who I don't rate anyway)....bring it on.

The Rock

Sure decent enough if he's on 5k a week and Stockdale was on 20k a week and we get 1-2m for Stockdale, good biz. Yes, wage difference is a stretch, I'd think, but still.

Otherwise, pass. We can do better.

fulhamben

Quote from: b+w geezer on July 31, 2014, 12:15:32 AM
I have no idea why Brighton let him go -- maybe the reason would be offputting. However, the observable facts are that he played two seasons as a regular for them, during both of which they conceded the division's second fewest goals. He is the right build and the right age and has loads of experience. So on the face of it, given that Manuel Neuer won't be coming here any time soon, and that Joronen is a rookie and Stek an outcast (who I don't rate anyway)....bring it on.
wait, what, i was told that a better keeper would step down. so why are you ruling out Neuer?

Admin

Quote from: b+w geezer on July 31, 2014, 12:15:32 AM

He cost them that own goal in the play-offs against Derby, where it came off his back. Not sure if that was a deciding factor, but like you say, a regular for 2 years, and a keeper who could still possibly be playing in the Premiership. Not the gravy signing we'd all be after, but a sensible one, possibly.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Rock on July 31, 2014, 12:19:57 AM
Sure decent enough if he's on 5k a week and Stockdale was on 20k a week and we get 1-2m for Stockdale, good biz.

not good business at all. we are losing a fair bit of talent of late, with only freebies, loans and cheepies coming the other way. ive been super upbeat about this season, but surely we are going to spend some money on a few very weak positions

Admin

Quote from: fulhamben on July 31, 2014, 12:23:00 AM
Sure decent enough if he's on 5k a week and Stockdale was on 20k a week and we get 1-2m for Stockdale, good biz.

not good business at all. we are losing a fair bit of talent of late, with only freebies, loans and cheepies coming the other way. ive been super upbeat about this season, but surely we are going to spend some money on a few very weak positions

No good business at all? A keeper who was applying his trade at Manchester United, WBA, not so long ago, then took a step down to Brighton, turning down other Premeirship clubs along the way. Kuszczak absolutely ripped it up in his first season at B&HA, and has played solidly for them for 2 seasons, and like above, have one of the shrewdest defenses. We could do a lot, lot worse..

fulhamben

Quote from: Admin on July 31, 2014, 12:30:02 AM

No good business at all? A keeper who was applying his trade at Manchester United, WBA, not so long ago, then took a step down to Brighton, turning down other Premeirship clubs along the way. Kuszczak absolutely ripped it up in his first season at B&HA, and has played solidly for them for 2 seasons, and like above, have one of the shrewdest defenses. We could do a lot, lot worse..
or we could of kept the keeper that replaced him.

Admin

Quote from: fulhamben on July 31, 2014, 12:33:42 AM

For Gods sake, get over this love-fest with Stockdale, he's pony!!

HatterDon

Quote from: Admin on July 31, 2014, 12:34:55 AM

I refuse!!!!!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Deanothefulhamfan

Sorry Admin, but he is nowhere near an upgrade on Stockdale... I think your hate for Stockdale is clouding your judgment on decent keepers.

Hope this story is just a rumour....

Nero

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on July 31, 2014, 04:26:19 AM
Sorry Admin, but he is nowhere near an upgrade on Stockdale... I think your hate for Stockdale is clouding your judgment on decent keepers.

Hope this story is just a rumour....

Adim is right. If Stockdale was so good why weren't any pl teams in for him even as a no2.

leonffc

I was talking to a Brighton fan yesterday and he couldnt understand why they had signed Stockdale as Kuszckak was quality. And he does have some decent experience behind him so I wouldnt say it is a downgrade. I'd be happy to see him give it a go, why judge when we've hardly seen him in the past couple of seasons?

As for stockdale, he did reasonably well for us but I can see where Admin is coming from. His command of his box was poor IMO.
Although he seemed a good lad and he really looked like he cared, especially on the teams 'walk around' at the end of the season. And that might be where some of the 'Stockers love in' comes from?! Look how many people adored Pantsil despite his mistakes just because he ran around the pitch

Deanothefulhamfan

Nero to counter your point, if Kuszczak was that good why has he not been a number 2 for any premier league teams the past two seasons.

This is the level obviously for Stockdale, and obviously the level for Kuszczak as well, my point on him being a downgrade Leon is that both will still need replacing if we were to get promotion, Stockdale is imo a better keeper than kuszczak, already a Fulham player,  and has previously been in a promotion winning team.

I just really struggle to see how this is even remotely an upgrade. If we are going after a Championship keeper than it needs to be the likes of Marshall or Mccarthy preferably the former who imo is head and shoulders above everyone. 

JBH

Quote from: Admin on July 31, 2014, 12:34:55 AM

:plus one: