https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bids for Gonzalez

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, August 05, 2014, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humbled

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 06, 2014, 09:10:44 AM

Maybe Magath fancies playing 3-5-2.

Said in another topic a few weeks ago I think this will be the formation.

Riverside

Could Gonzalez play DM ?
He has tried Hoogland there
And we need a back up ( in my view we need an upgrade on ) for Parker !

jelmo

We probably made this bid last week and then moved on to the Bulgarian we the 2 bids were rejected.

We no longer need anymore CDs so I am assuming that this is just old news.

Like other people have said, we need a GK and a CDM so these are probably our current targets.

costarican white

Quote from: Riverside on August 06, 2014, 09:22:46 AM
Could Gonzalez play DM ?
He has tried Hoogland there
And we need a back up ( in my view we need an upgrade on ) for Parker !

Nah, I don't see that happening.
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

jags24

We should be trying to purchase Omar Gonzalez from LA Galaxy.  His size and speed would be perfect for CL football.

btings

Quote from: jags24 on August 06, 2014, 05:04:33 PM
We should be trying to purchase Omar Gonzalez from LA Galaxy.  His size and speed would be perfect for CL football.

I don't think we want to pay for what MLS will want for him.  Also, if MLS decided they would sell him, we'd end up in a bidding war with most of Liga MX, as he's a dual-national.

Black, White and Fred

Anyone thinks this cud be to keep Bryan happy? Doesn't make much sense otherwise we are pretty solid at cb
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

hovewhite

I can't BELIEVE we are in for another CB as we seem well covered.

davew

Why not stick to players who we have all heard of and know a little something about, I might as well support another club this year after being an ardent FFC supporter for nearly 50 years. The whole system has gone crazy, maybe it's because I am old now and don't believe in all this chopping and changing, not good for any team except those with all the money and reputation to attract the best players, so what have we achieved in the close season, oh yes got rid of most of our 1st team who couldn't be bothered (for whatever reason) and brought in some inferior hungrier players, we will see!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

HatterDon

Quote from: davew on August 06, 2014, 09:40:18 PM
Why not stick to players who we have all heard of and know a little something about, I might as well support another club this year after being an ardent FFC supporter for nearly 50 years. The whole system has gone crazy, maybe it's because I am old now and don't believe in all this chopping and changing, not good for any team except those with all the money and reputation to attract the best players, so what have we achieved in the close season, oh yes got rid of most of our 1st team who couldn't be bothered (for whatever reason) and brought in some inferior hungrier players, we will see!

Pretty much the whole football world has heard of and knows about Gonzalez. This is because during the world cup he took several top flight European strikers, folded them neatly and stuck them in his back pocket.

Now I know that performances in the 2014 World Cup mean nothing [although last summer, performances in the 2010 World Cup meant EVERYTHING], but the guy is not an unknown.

Relax, Gonzalez ain't coming to Fulham -- or to any other 2nd level club anywhere.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

btings

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on August 06, 2014, 08:34:09 PM
Anyone thinks this cud be to keep Bryan happy? Doesn't make much sense otherwise we are pretty solid at cb

Yeah, I think this is the interesting subplot here -- what does our attempt to sign Gonzo mean about or relationship with Bryan?

jags24

Quote from: btings on August 07, 2014, 02:45:23 AM
Quote from: Black, White and Fred on August 06, 2014, 08:34:09 PM

Yeah, I think this is the interesting subplot here -- what does our attempt to sign Gonzo mean about or relationship with Bryan?

It might just mean that Bryan recommended him since they play together on the National team. 

HatterDon

I don't think there's any link between our interest in a footballer and whether or not Ruiz is happy.

I can't think of the last time that Ruiz was in a club that had another Costa Rican.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TheManOnTheBus

just about old enough then (for last year's team at least)

WORTHINGFULHAM

sounds like we are serious about bring him to the cottage, with Ruiz here to and going no where anytime soon it does make sense.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/9407750/transfer-news-fulham-have-two-bids-rejected-for-costa-rica-star-giancarlo-gonzalez